Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

Where has anyone posted that they want replica strips (Or any merchandise) for free? 

Feel free to quote examples, otherwise we might just think you're a bit of a knob.

, simply stating that folk should rally behind the team . Obviously a key board warrior throwing insults about . 

The price of the strip is reasonable  .   

Edited by OKsons2020

41 minutes ago, OKsons2020 said:

, simply stating that folk should rally behind the team . Obviously a key board warrior throwing insults about . 

The price of the strip is reasonable  .   

Backpedalling on your claim that 

Folk want everything for free !

then. 

Thanks for confirming.

7 hours ago, The Moonster said:

£45 if you want it delivered. If folk think its reasonable that's good, it was just a concern that price might put people off.

Probably at the top end of acceptable and unlikely to attract impulse buys at that price but I'll purchase for the wee one more as a donation than anything. 

More funds to club in the hope we actually make some signing announcements this side of Christmas. 

8 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
15 hours ago, red tree said:
One I do not understand the topic title?

It dates from a time about 8 years ago when we were REALLY struggling, as opposed to our normal state of just struggling, and the thread has continued ever since. I hope that helps.

There was an attempt at the start of last season, by someone, to start a new one. It started off a bit like the keeper debate, the original won in the end, mainly due to the fact we were guff and 'sorrow' seemed an apt way to describe us again.

We definitely need to buy our strips, the club need our money, and buying cheap replicas elsewhere, regardless how good they are, is pointless when we want to compete at the top of our leagues. Dig deep everyone. I will just as soon as there’s a sponsor on it

On 11/06/2020 at 15:13, The Moonster said:

Might be a question directly for @TheFarPost but does anyone understand the conditions that come with this bundle of money that's just been donated to the SPFL? Originally it was reported that this guy was donating money so that clubs would see themselves through the crisis, but when it was reported the other day I seemed to read a bit which said the clubs can apply for up to £50K in funding but they need to prove community benefit. I'm a bit baffled as to what that means. Can we simply argue that the community of Dumbarton needs DFC and thus we can take the money and spend it on staying alive, or do we need to have some sort of community project on the go that those funds can only be used on?

Sorry for the late reply, Moonster.  The money is for Clubs who can demonstrate community engagement and activity. We're happy to do that. There will be more on the Club website shortly - but we welcome the fund, and we are applying. 

52 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

£4,700 raised from the auction. Another tremendous effort from the Sons faithful. Thats over £30K raised in a few short months. 

Brilliant!  Sons fans are the best (well, most of them... ;))

On 08/06/2020 at 22:11, TheFarPost said:

There will be a report-back on the Club website within the next 48 hours.

Apologies, needed to delay it a bit longer, due to other stuff going on. Up here: https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=4436 

I'll be emailing a more detailed summary out to all who sent their comments in to the club... 

On 13/06/2020 at 08:44, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I wouldn’t want to see the club do anything daft financially but I think we need to start thinking about getting some of the basics done, mostly getting a manager sorted at the very least. 

Don't worry, there's plenty of necessary thinking and talking going on, but what we can say publicly is limited right now.

Also, our manager has made his intention to stay clear - that's been recorded both on the Club website and in the press.

We will be updating on all this shortly... 

20 hours ago, optimistic said:

We definitely need to buy our strips, the club need our money, and buying cheap replicas elsewhere, regardless how good they are, is pointless when we want to compete at the top of our leagues. Dig deep everyone. 

Thanks! Really appreciate that. We know it's financially tough for lots of us right now (not just the Club), so none of this is easy...