Sons' sorrow

Good statement from the club. I did think that there would be an issue using season ticket money just now for both the reason that the club has stated and also it would leave us with no budget for when the season did start.

One suggestion I have would be that I personally wouldn't mind setting up a monthly payment of say £30-40.

This money would be used to start paying towards my season ticket and then pay whatever else I owe when the season does starts. Or if by the time I've paid my season ticket monthly and the season hasn't started yet just leave the monthly payment to continue until the season does.

Good statement from the club. I did think that there would be an issue using season ticket money just now for both the reason that the club has stated and also it would leave us with no budget for when the season did start.

One suggestion I have would be that I personally wouldn't mind setting up a monthly payment of say £30-40.

This money would be used to start paying towards my season ticket and then pay whatever else I owe when the season does starts. Or if by the time I've paid my season ticket monthly and the season hasn't started yet just leave the monthly payment to continue until the season does.

That was my thinking behind a monthly contribution. The club offered this as an option last season (£25 pm) and there’s also the Manager’s Fund but I don’t think any of those options would suit what you are suggesting. For the liability reasons mentioned in the excellent club statement, and because the Manager’s Fund is specifically ringfenced for a playing budget.

Paying in to the MF now wouldn’t be a bad way of building a good budget for when we do get back to playing. The club will need a separate fund for ongoing operational costs though. It would be good to know what that monthly sum would need to be and see a push for contributions to cover those costs specifically.

Morning lads, just dropping in to say I just dropped the kickstarted for a new Scottish football magazine I created with a couple of other fans. There is a column in there called The Part Time Journal in which Danny Denholm explains the importance of nutrition in a lower league footballers diet. There's some other cool articles / illustrations in there aswell. It would be great if you could back / share it with as many fans as possible. The link to our kickstarter is: 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/scottkelly/stonewaller-magazine-number-1?ref=project_build

12 minutes ago, Jumbo Muir said:

That is a perfectly balanced and well thought out statement from the club. Well done.

Thank you... we're trying our best to communicate, listen and engage.

To a significant extent DFC is now a supporter-run club, and one with a determination to grow far deeper roots in the community. This means, on the non-playing side, that *everyone* other than our excellent p/t general manager and p/t marketing exec (sponsored by C&G, who have been incredibly supportive) is an unpaid volunteer. Long-term ownership and business sustainability issues remain critical, and have still to be resolved. But the backing we've received through donations of time and money during lockdown, and in the months preceding it, shows where the heart and soul of the Sons lies... 

9 hours ago, super-son said:

Thanks very much for this offer (and for others we have received, directly or indirectly). The Club Board is meeting via teleconferencing regularly, and all the ideas people have are being weighed up carefully as part of the overall picture.

The liability issue is - as someone else mentions below - the one we need to be very careful about. There has been talk in some quarters of the game about "skipping a season" in the lower leagues. While many of us feel strongly that this is something which needs to be avoided (because the consequences for small clubs could be fatal), we can't totally ignore it. Hopefully decisions will be made in the near future, and we will then be on surer ground and able to proceed with plans like this.

The other issue, of course, cash flow. Getting ST money in and spending too much of it ahead of the costs of a season would be robbing Peter to pay Paul, as the old saying goes. So our financial decisions need to be based on reducing expenditure as far as we can, increasing income-generation wherever we can, and not making commitments we cannot guarantee with down the line.

Meantime, we will be proceeding with the online auction (next week) and other ideas. 

Edited by TheFarPost

2 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Boggers On Tour/Mr Boggers not letting lack of access to pubs inhibit his dross ramblings on the Facebook page.

I guess the pub's loss is the off science's gain.

Aye, winning that 10/- Postal Order in the club's programme quiz in season 1970/71 seems to have really gone to his head!

3 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Boggers On Tour/Mr Boggers not letting lack of access to pubs inhibit his dross ramblings on the Facebook page.

I guess the pub's loss is the off licence's gain.

Did he complete his sponsored walk/shuffle to Cappielow?

Somebody from G84  just dropped a cool one thousand pounds into the Just Giving fundraiser. 

Obviously, that's just change down the back of the sofa for Helensburgh folk but that's some gesture.