Sons' sorrow

Those white strips are awful. 

If the options we’ve been asked to vote for so far are the best we can conjour up from the Joma catalogue then it’s absolutely time to move on. It’s like someone papping 8 jobbies on your plate and asking you to tuck into the 2 most delicious looking jobbies on the plate. 

edited to add: I can’t help but feel the club have went out their way to ensure we have a white kit to vote for because a lot of supporters favour a plain white top with a black and gold band. I’d rather something completely different instead of just having 4 white options for the sake of it.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

The Joma selection is an absolute embarrassment. We really need a new supplier. That is shocking!

I've begrudgingly voted for option 3. It also took me 5 minutes to notice the difference between the first 2. Anyone who votes for option 2 needs their head looked at.

Given that we don't have traditional away colours we could have gone for anything that doesn't clash. The Bournemouth style kit from a couple of years ago was a cracker. This just looks naff.

Just on the subject of the streaming.

Would live commentary be an option?

A kind of walking before we run compromise.

That would be easy to do and would be a good indicator of demand.

I also don't want to be that guy but I filmed Shettleston Juniors for free for half a season and within 2 years I was over in Norway filming Champions League football. That's plenty motivation to help a local club out by volunteering.

Edited by sarti pooh

1 minute ago, PWL said:

Given that we don't have traditional away colours we could have gone for anything that doesn't clash. The Bournemouth style kit from a couple of years ago was a cracker. This just looks naff.

That's an excellent point. That red and black kit was a cracker - and just Joma teamwear. St Pat's had it in green and white.

I've long been an advocate of a different away kit. Why not something totally wild and different?

7 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

That's an excellent point. That red and black kit was a cracker - and just Joma teamwear. St Pat's had it in green and white.

I've long been an advocate of a different away kit. Why not something totally wild and different?

That’s why I liked the Blackburn style one I posted last week, in a perfect world I’d have a white home with gold and black band and a gold away, but the away kit could be anything, from inter Milan style like the Hamilton one from a few years back to something like Croatia’s, maybe not in red and white mind you

Took me 10 minutes to spot the difference between 1 and 2, I won't lie.
I went for four. I've absolutley no idea why. I think it might be the novelty factor.
What is the difference? All I can see if the second one looks skin tight and the first loose.

If you get a good sponsor I reckon No. 3. will look really good.

Also, if the white kit vote was up to me I’d have gone with ...
... but that’s probably not helpful just now [emoji51]
2B435AE0-7AFA-4B09-AD72-6881690FF8AB.png.4e9fea1b14598e50e588222a5ddca3f3.png
56D5A1BC-4C44-4369-BA75-20D63DCBA0D5.png.1d00d3e01a636a29a6f407554c8e7cad.png
D5A9CE61-8C18-427E-9E8D-82412145011D.png.21398d4d55525524458d47aa31bda357.png
B381E3F7-570E-4F77-820A-A2F5D0D72508.jpeg.3c6f7c201c99691e5620f091abc42e52.jpeg
No idea why that bottom one wasn't included as a choice instead of 1 or 2, at least it has gold piping on it.
As for how we can afford a bespoke one and you can't, I'm perplexed.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

What is the difference? All I can see if the second one looks skin tight and the first loose.

If you get a good sponsor I reckon No. 3. will look really good.

Look very closely at the end of the sleeves...

1 minute ago, the snudge said:

I'd have liked a brown and pink one or something completely bonkers but option 4 just for the novelty factor will get my vote. 

I've been campaigning for a pink Sons kit for years. I'd be all over that. When they're done correctly pink football kits are outstanding...although being done correctly may be a struggle for Joma.

40 minutes ago, super-son said:

The Joma selection is an absolute embarrassment. We really need a new supplier. That is shocking!

Who though? I defy anyone to go through these and find a set of home & away kits that everyone agrees fit the job with no alterations - if you think Joma's range is limited then you're in for a shock! Plus, even if you do find one - you're signing a  3-5 year deal, maybe next year they change the colours or designs available and you're back where we are now. 

Here's a start for you...

4 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:

As for how we can afford a bespoke one and you can't, I'm perplexed.

I don't THINK its the cost per unit per se, I think it's more the initial outlay & holding of stock - having to order them once & get the number right, whereas off the shelf you can be way more precise in the units you need and staggered as you need them without the risk of being left holding them. I also believe (but have no hard facts) that we sell a very small amount of kits  compared to most other clubs.

If it was easy & cost effective there's literally no reason not to do it every single year! But you know, if we are doing a 150th one .. I would love another go at designing the strips, if anyone is reading this with the power to make it happen again - filming footage should always cost money but I'll sure as hell design a load of kits again for nothing! :D

Edited by GoTeamGaz

4 hours ago, GoTeamGaz said:

Who though? I defy anyone to go through these and find a set of home & away kits that everyone agrees fit the job with no alterations - if you think Joma's range is limited then you're in for a shock! Plus, even if you do find one - you're signing a  3-5 year deal, maybe next year they change the colours or designs available and you're back where we are now.

Nobody is expecting to find a kit that will please everyone because that's not realistic. What is realistic, is finding a kit that everyone doesn't think is boring and thoughtless.

Are you really suggesting that I couldn't find a nicer kit than any of the Joma options within the Adidas, Nike, Hummel etc. catalogues?

Surrige also offer design options such as these. (not sure on costs though)

Surridge Kits.png

Edited by super-son

I couldn't find the picture, but when Mark Dempsey was playing for us we played partick thistle at ours.

We had black shorts, yellow top with black sleeves, they had black shorts and a top that was half yellow half red.

Depending on which way the thistle players were running everyone looked the same. Ref had us change at half time. I'm sure Davie Craig captained thistle that day and there was the standard pre kick off photo with the captains and ref

I also think no.4 could confuse me. If all the players are facing the same way e.g at a goal kick, it'll look like we're wearing an all black/white from the side of the pitch.

Good experience would be being immersed in a professional team for a few weeks to learn the profession. This isn’t that, this is taking advantage of someone’s lack of experience to get them to do something for you - that you’re then going to ask £15 a head for. I can promise you that filming lower league Scottish football off your own back does not do anything good for your career prospects [emoji1787] it opens you to questions of - if you’ll do it for free why should we pay you & if you were any good they would have paid to keep you.
Just like we do with players, I’m not suggesting a full media truck of crew is required, but just like we do with players I wouldn’t want to pay £15 a match to see people that had been rounded up at the local park to play free to get experience of playing in a real team.
we’re not a charity, if a media product is required that can generate a proper income then we should be spending the proper level of money out to get the best job done we can at the price we want to sell it at.
Your a glass half empty kinda guy eh.

Bloody hell what a load of shite [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

The first guy that did EFTV is now working as a freelance videographer.

He's worked on MOTD, he does the postcode lottery adverts, does weddings and has regularly done sportscene.

By doing eftv it went on his CV and showed everyone the quality of viewing etc.

23 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Anyone from Raith/East Fife (Falkirk I think do it too?) on here and able to give us rough set up costs for a live stream?

A St Johnstone fan claimed in the Premiership forum we had to pay a six figure fee to get the correct wiring/hardware to put up a stable stream capable of supporting 100+ viewers at the same time. Live streaming is a completely different situation to recording the match then putting out highlights, and if you need 200+ viewers simultaneously, you'll need to pay for the premium service.

It's not just a case of hooking a camera up to a laptop.

You lot seem to be ignoring the fact you would have to pay for Covid tests for your squad/staff before games, and then the rather immoral process of taking first aiders/ambulances for a game of football in the current situation.

I can't see closed door games happening in this country.

Edited by RandomGuy.