Sons' sorrow

3 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

My first ever game on 17 December 1990 was a 4-1 cup win at Boghead. My fuzzy memory was that Bill Lamont got sacked not long after, he certainly got absolute pelters from the home support and was looking haggard after that result. All the players mentioned bar McDonald were involved IIRC, and Marty Allan ran the show. Time flies

BL was under serious pressure that year but he was unlucky with injuries.He won us the league in 92 and kept us up. Murdo replaced him in 1993.

My first ever game on 17 December 1990 was a 4-1 cup win at Boghead. My fuzzy memory was that Bill Lamont got sacked not long after, he certainly got absolute pelters from the home support and was looking haggard after that result. All the players mentioned bar McDonald were involved IIRC, and Marty Allan ran the show. Time flies
IIRC Jim Dempsey had an absolute nightmare that evening. Was that not a replay, with Dougie McCracken having broken his leg at Links Park ? Aye, Martin Allan, Scotland's answer to Franco Causio.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
4 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

IIRC Jim Dempsey had an absolute nightmare that evening. Was that not a replay, with Dougie McCracken having broken his leg at Links Park ? Aye, Martin Allan, Scotland's answer to Franco Causio.

Yes was a replay, sure the Links Park original tie was goal-less. "Snowy" Morrison was the only Dumbarton player who looked any good in the replay. Bill Lamont rarely was out of a job in the 80s but think that was his last managerial gig. Remember Dumbarton comfortably winning the league the following season.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

Fair play to the P&Ber spending his valuable time explaining why it might be nice to donate some money to the club Mr Caaaarmmmaaaannn follows around the country every week.

Thank God more people don't have his attitude or we'd have been sunk a long time ago.

Screenshot_20200429-205003.thumb.png.e944853f7c05190fdf2bd37103c85b4c.png

Screenshot_20200429-204727.thumb.png.962869f30c54cdace5f2cec03e9290d9.png

3 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Fair play to the P&Ber spending his valuable time explaining why it might be nice to donate some money to the club Mr Caaaarmmmaaaannn follows around the country every week.

Thank God more people don't have his attitude or we'd have been sunk a long time ago.

Screenshot_20200429-205003.thumb.png.e944853f7c05190fdf2bd37103c85b4c.png

Screenshot_20200429-204727.thumb.png.962869f30c54cdace5f2cec03e9290d9.png

That c*** is psychotic btw.

Yes was a replay, sure the Links Park original tie was goal-less. "Snowy" Morrison was the only Dumbarton player who looked any good in the replay. Bill Lamont rarely was out of a job in the 80s but think that was his last managerial gig. Remember Dumbarton comfortably winning the league the following season.
I gave up going to the school Christmas disco for that match. Billy Lamont managed Alloa after he left us in 93.

2 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Snowy Morrison, now there was a player !

Could ping one into the top bag from anywhere up to 40 yards, fond memories !!

10 hours ago, macclyde+ said:

Snowy Morrison, now there was a player !

Could ping one into the top bag from anywhere up to 40 yards, fond memories !!

He was latched onto by the Boghead boo boys, who were desperately seeking a replacement player to abuse, as we didn't have anyone called Coyle in the team.

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

He was latched onto by the Boghead boo boys, who were desperately seeking a replacement player to abuse, as we didn't have anyone called Coyle in the team.

Shame, however there was always at least one player who was given the treatment, the Clyde boo boys were probably just as bad.

However Snowy was a big favourite during our 2nd Division title winning season in 1992-1993, and in fact scored a piledriver on Championship day down at Dumfries.

Some of you might've caught my interview with Neill Collins on Lanarkshire Live at the weekend, or focused on his time at the Rock in this week's Lennox.

If you're stuck somewhere you can't buy a Lennox (or are locked down) then it's now up online. I really can't tell you enough how much I enjoyed speaking to him. We ended up chatting for a good 45 minutes last month and there's a whole host of good stuff that I had to leave out unfortunately. But it might make an appearance one day when I need to fill some space.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/former-dumbarton-star-neill-collins-21958951

Just now, sons superhero said:

Remember a Morton Fan trying to climb over us in a total rage to get at him. Just laughed at him.

I'll never forget the sea of limbs that went up when he pulled his shorts down. I miss the Pellie that pushed the boundaries a bit, the sort of entertainment you need in the lower leagues.

Player's of the year voted - check 

Tomorrow usual 1500 KO , all be it on FIFA 20 imstead for the last home game of the season ,  pies ready for half time , pre recorded super scoreboard ready ,  

I'll be donating my usual Saturday home game funds to the club's fund.     

Ticket money,  food , drinks , match day programme . Heck I'll even throw in a pint for the lads . 

Now all that's left is me and the wee fella to drum up a home win after a full 90 mins on the xbox tomorrow   . That can be our Dumbarton match . 

See you all next season .

CMMON THE SONS 

Edited by OKsons2020

I'm a wee bit disappointed Joe didn't get anything. Maybe he'll stay another season to right a wrong. The bit with Jim Duffy sounded like he's got no intention of going anywhere which I'm fairly happy with.