Sons' sorrow

19 hours ago, microdave said:

I'm thinking about next season (whenever it happens) now. Are we likely to get a list of released players soon? When will we be putting season tickets on sale? And when are we likely to announce any new signings? The last one might be a while since the window doesn't open for a wee while yet. And that Jim Duffy is our manager.

what do you think? and what do you like?

stay / out

On 16/04/2020 at 18:43, The Moonster said:

I suppose the one shining light to ending the season as we have done is that we won't need to put up with raging, cretinous homophobes like Frank conner next season.

Are you 100% sure of that? 

I'll be very much in the minority, maybe even on my own I imagine , but this 'As Live' tweeting of a game that happened years ago is torture.

It makes me want to unfollow the club for the afternoon, just to free up my feed from a load of irrelevant shite.

Edited by Boghead ranter

13 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Looks like you are up to nearly £18k. Terrific effort but let’s try and push you nearer that target here:
https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/dumbarton-fc-sos

Cheers!

Incidentally, how're things in Bucharest? I lived there years ago - Blvd Magheru, just down from Piazza Romana, above a wee cinema. Crackin city. Loved it.

Cheers!
Incidentally, how're things in Bucharest? I lived there years ago - Blvd Magheru, just down from Piazza Romana, above a wee cinema. Crackin city. Loved it.

I spend most of my time back in Scotland now, but I’m in Bucharest 2-3 times a year. Mainly Drumul Taberei (sector 6) and Floreasca (Sector 1).
Great part of the city you were in though, near the Old Town and the amazing Care cu Bere in particular.

To be honest I'm not bothered if the strip is an old Presto bag and a pair of mingin' boxers as long as we still have a club.

Presto, Boghead, black n gold strips
Morrisons, where we are now and yellow everywhere, stadium, programme, strips, it's become the norm and I can't stand it.

However, like you, the team can wear what they like as long as we have a club.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

If we produce another mortifying horror show of a kit this year then we deserve killed off by the pandemic. 

Plain white, gold and black band, wee collar. The investors demand it. 

^^^^^^ kens the score.

Clutching at positive straws...if the club are at least forward planning and making announcements like this then its a glimmer of hope we are not at death's door....yet. 

Get it right and it's another potential source of income.

1 hour ago, PWL said:

^^^^^^ kens the score.

Clutching at positive straws...if the club are at least forward planning and making announcements like this then its a glimmer of hope we are not at death's door....yet. 

Get it right and it's another potential source of income.

Absolutely.

Nail a smashing home kit, maybe stick a wee NHS logo on the sleeve or lower back if we can and I genuinely think we'd sell a really good number. Especially if we don't actually know when we'll next be in action.

Last season's home and away kits were the first since 2007 that I haven't bought. I just couldn't justify paying £40 or whatever for a home top I'd never, ever wear. The away top was alright, but again it was a fortune for a plain template that I already own - albeit just in red. I was planning on picking them both up if they were reduced at the end of the season, but that ship looks to have sailed now.

I spent the same cash on a retro remake of our famous Umbro top in the 70s and it's honestly excellent. A top needs to be a bit special to spend £40+ on it for me, an off the shelf effort that I could technically buy myself and badge it for half the price isn't that appealing, especially when it resembles an East Fife kit.

That said, I have every faith we'll be returning to a more popular design this time round.

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I spent the same cash on a retro remake of our famous Umbro top in the 70s and it's honestly excellent. A top needs to be a bit special to spend £40+ on it for me, an off the shelf effort that I could technically buy myself and badge it for half the price isn't that appealing, especially when it resembles an East Fife kit.

That said, I have every faith we'll be returning to a more popular design this time round.

This one? From Dunnottar Retro?

20200424_120300.jpg.4784a9b61dd6959e3da2b64cee1b7b13.jpg

Also quite like this one that they do

20200424_120244.jpg.c24deaf126207f6f4d3b73cd2c552f9a.jpg