Sons' sorrow

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is Jim Duffys, bizarre, views that you can play all the remaining league games next month representative of what your club will actually vote? Or just his own opinion?

Dunno didnt see that.Where did he comment?

Looks like the vote comes down to ICT.It will inevitably pass as they will keep proposing it a la brexit.

17 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is Jim Duffys, bizarre, views that you can play all the remaining league games next month representative of what your club will actually vote? Or just his own opinion?

I highly doubt the board will be basing their decision on what Jim Duffy wants, they will vote for whatever option benefits us financially. I’ll be honest, I couldn’t give a flying f**k which way we vote.

I've unfortunately been furloughed for the next (at least) three weeks - but before I closed down the laptop for the last time on Monday I fired right through a list of features I've been working on.

That includes a two part interview with Bryan Prunty looking back on his time at the Rock - and part one is now online here - clicky

5 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I highly doubt the board will be basing their decision on what Jim Duffy wants, they will vote for whatever option benefits us financially. I’ll be honest, I couldn’t give a flying f**k which way we vote.

Similar.

Though for laughs, the plan being approved has most potential. Sevco fans going apoplectic at the title going to Celtic and Hearts down again. 

We'd also get better gates with Falkirk and Thistle in our league plus a trip to a new ground at Cove. 

Survival is the most important thing though.  Whatever gets us through.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I've trying in vain to follow this SPFL vote imbroglio - does anyone have a feckin' clue what's going on ?

Basically Celtic wanted to win the league, Elgin voted that turkeys should be allowed free school meals. Dundee utd agreed that darts should be in the Olympics and Forfar said no to sex education In nurseries. Apparently we are waiting on Dundee to see whether or not they think Donald Trump likes sausages. 

Because Dundee are dragging their heels and deciding whether hot dogs are classed as a sausage or not, Rangers have issued a statement saying that the big bad boys stole their ball. To be fair they wanted to go for 55, think that's statement number 54 this season so they may get it after all! 

Hope that clears it up for you.

I know we are in desperate times right now but I’m really not a fan of the tweeting ‘as live’ updates of old games.

I’ve no idea what the deal is regarding copyright etc but it would be great to see us ‘live stream’ an old game on youtube. I’d most definitely hunker down with a beer and stick that on.

I noticed Bonnyrigg doing similar with their cup win vs ourselves so there must be some way around the whole copyright thing.

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I know we are in desperate times right now but I’m really not a fan of the tweeting ‘as live’ updates of old games.

I’ve no idea what the deal is regarding copyright etc but it would be great to see us ‘live stream’ an old game on youtube. I’d most definitely hunker down with a beer and stick that on.

I noticed Bonnyrigg doing similar with their cup win vs ourselves so there must be some way around the whole copyright thing.

I tweeted the club about 10 days ago to ask if they would do that. Just upload the unedited footage of an entire game, no need for graphics or anything like that. 

Haven't had an answer yet.

Of the games that have been filmed over the past ten years or so, I'd love to watch the following again. Winning the league at Annan, the 3-2 Hibs win, the 2-1 St. Mirren win to stay up, the Hogmanay 1-0 against Dundee United and TNS. As previously discussed, both legs of the 2012 play off final are already available in full on YouTube.

3 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

It’s certainly looking far more appealing than following any teams in this shit show of a league setup. 

Following the Bankies would be only marginally more appealing than butchering, cooking and consuming your own testicles.

53 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Following the Bankies would be only marginally more appealing than butchering, cooking and consuming your own testicles.

They've probably got a better set up than us but again they are the local councils wee darlings. I'd be more tempted to catch the Vale. Just along the road and much much cheaper than Dumbarton. 

15 minutes ago, the snudge said:

They've probably got a better set up than us but again they are the local councils wee darlings. I'd be more tempted to catch the Vale. Just along the road and much much cheaper than Dumbarton. 

I've developed a massive, massive soft spot for the Vale this season. They're a thoroughly likeable bunch at Millburn and they've became the first score I check after a Sons game.

If football ever returns it would be nice for us to get a wee pre-season friendly sorted to mark their move into senior football.