6 hours ago, microdave said:

I noticed a FB post yesterday with a link to a youtube page with highlights of a few games from years ago. 

Hearts away in the Premier season 

And my favourite one from that page, away to East Stirlingshire in the Scottish cup in 1991. Two rounds before Huntly handed us our arse at Boghead! 

Thanks very much for that. Great reliving those games and managed to spot myself in the crowd. I have a good number of games on VHS. I really should use this enforced time off to get them up on you tube.

23 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Thanks very much for that. Great reliving those games and managed to spot myself in the crowd. I have a good number of games on VHS. I really should use this enforced time off to get them up on you tube.

Yup, you should!

1 hour ago, Nowhereman said:

Make it happen 👍

6 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Make it happen 👍

Thanks for the crowdfunding link. I hope you reach your target. Best of luck.

3 hours ago, The Camel’s Hump said:

I think it’s hilarious! It’s got people talking!!!

Many people talk. Many don't. Neither set of people are better than the other.

(c) Murdo Macleod.

Gordon Smith in yesterday's Herald suggesting yet another league reconstruction which would see Sons in a 16-team division with surprise, surprise six colt teams.

In that undemocratic event this temporary dislocation from the game could well become permanent for some of us.

44 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Gordon Smith in yesterday's Herald suggesting yet another league reconstruction which would see Sons in a 16-team division with surprise, surprise six colt teams.

In that undemocratic event this temporary dislocation from the game could well become permanent for some of us.

The way this was put forward really irked me.

Clubs in the lower leagues are on their knees, so let's try and get this despicable idea of playing youth teams in the senior leagues through again. Presumably we'd all be offered a cash "incentive" (bribe...) To go along with this too.

If any moves are taken by people more relevant than Gordon Smith then it's the definition of those in power taking advantage of a horrible situation to appease the only two clubs they are bothered about keeping happy. 

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

How many times do they need told that fans don't want it? It's fucking pathetic that they keep wheeling out these puff pieces with journos only interested in milking the Olf Firm teet.

How many times do they need told that fans don't want it? It's fucking pathetic that they keep wheeling out these puff pieces with journos only interested in milking the Olf Firm teet.
It's not going to go away. In today's Sunday National, sister paper of the Herald, there is a long piece featuring the views of Craig Mulholland, Head Of Academy at Rangers. Quelle surprise, he is all in favour.

If anyone is in any doubt the banner headline 'Colt Teams Are A Daily Discussion At Rangers. They're A No Brainer' should dispel it.

Imagine Scotland's youngest club laying down the law - the utter cheek of it.

The thing with colt teams is that the current clubs have to vote it through. Iirc, the last time it was mooted, it didn't even get to a vote such was the opposition to it from L1 and L2 clubs. I'm confident the same will happen this time.

I got the impression that it was just a piece to fill space during a sparse time for football news. It was just a rehash of his ten year old idea and wouldn’t get anything like sufficient support. Having said that if football does not return until the new year the landscape will be very different

Looks like Murdo's beigefest has sucked the life from and killed the Q&A idea. 

Player of the the day seems to be the latest idea (which is fine, not knocking it.).

Edited by Boghead ranter