Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

It sure did! 🤣

Screenshot_20200326-171423_Samsung Internet.jpg

Dinnae be surprised when a 35 yard howitzer free kick bangs ye in the dial and RF blames it on the awfy wind.

'Oh Christ was that you a hit Dougie.Sorry pal.'....ambulance for Gillespie...

I have been missing football during these troubling times so have been trawling through the planner on the sky box.

Just finished watching the New Saints away game and both legs of the play-off against Airdrie.

Absolutely brilliant.

The Handling and Froxy goals against TNS!

Making Airdrie look like an absolute gang in the second leg of the play-off.  What a team of heroes, and what a performance from big Tony Wallace.

Good to see some youthful Sons P&B ers in raptures too!

I missed the Airdrie game so watched it on the telly instead. I welled up a wee bit when they showed fans doing the conga round the stand. It was only at that moment that I realised there were a lot of fans who had never seen us play in the second tier. Moments like that are why you support a football team.

4 hours ago, Northern Son said:

I have been missing football during these troubling times so have been trawling through the planner on the sky box.

Just finished watching the New Saints away game and both legs of the play-off against Airdrie.

Absolutely brilliant.

Making Airdrie look like an absolute gang in the second leg of the play-off.  What a team of heroes, and what a performance from big Tony Wallace.

Both amongst my most joyous memories following the Sons. The conga at Airdrie.......

Absolutely brilliant.

Clearly you would enjoy it and I was less pleased in the other stand, but I wonder how likely it is to find it on the Sky planner, as I dislike watching "Non Scottish" old games.

The New Saints weekend is so indelibly stamped on my psyche that every time I hear Oswestry mentioned on the telly, radio or whatever I get a mental 'ding'. And in a great way.

Absolutely brilliant.

13 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Clearly you would enjoy it and I was less pleased in the other stand, but I wonder how likely it is to find it on the Sky planner, as I dislike watching "Non Scottish" old games.

It's only on my planner because I recorded the games on the day. 

It's only on my planner because I recorded the games on the day. 

I should have spotted the word planner! I realised eventually that it was BBC Alba. I did record them at the time but unlike you I got no pleasure from reruns. Spotted some you tube stuff about those games and it could be interesting to see who played for the teams. I did notice that it was quite a big crowd in the away stand-changed days for both us now. Take care

More memory lane...
One for the oldies
dumbarton-fc-1964-65.jpg.a6462f6f674067180004a1baa362aa42.jpg
Look at the size of Sons' playing squad..
Dumbarton-1978-79-1-768x426.jpg.94545af9975dca2dd56579e46a71ca62.jpg
Graeme-Sharp-Dumbarton-768x734.jpg.f6b5c3894f280f02127779630a45aff5.jpg
DFC's very own Fred West lookalike..
1873786804_171JohnCushley.jpg.099a702622bb52c9e1e3b00cec876bb7.jpg
Premier Division
CP2WkzPWUAAL45G.thumb.jpg.a715320485eb52b2d9777247799f212d.jpg
CP2VwvbWsAEfkqR.jpg.16c1b034ff28cf484cd74b12b5441bab.jpg
171043-10978411Fr.jpg.734386007fddeb1fd2aba6ca71490f1d.jpg

That 1964 picture has always intrigued me. We didn’t start using the white strip on a regular basis until 1970 so why is there a picture from 64 with that strip? Was it the change kit that season?

1 hour ago, Nowhereman said:

That 1964 picture has always intrigued me. We didn’t start using the white strip on a regular basis until 1970 so why is there a picture from 64 with that strip? Was it the change kit that season?

Indeed. The 'historicalkits' site shows us wearing gold shirt with thin vertical black stripes & black shorts until about 1969.

Could have been an away outfit in 64/65, it's cool as f*** anyway.

22 hours ago, The Moonster said:

He did because I rewatched the goals and the conga last night when it was mentioned. 

The snudge inspired conga? I think I done the Maradona into the camera celebration aswell. Maradona was high on ching (probably).