Sons' sorrow

Doubt Man City could have appointed a new assistant so quickly.

Duffy was the exact same when he managed Clyde. He is certainly good at getting the best out of limited players but it feels like he can't be arsed with the hassle of trying to sign players.

We limp through the window with a panic loan from Motherwell who runs a lot and tries hard but is ultimately short on quality, we go down through the play offs, Duffy leaves citing budget restrictions on the radio, Barry Smith takes over, into the Lowland League we go, Brabco decide to close the place because no one turns up any more, houses, the end. 

Someone tell me to calm doon because this looks all too plausible written down.

We limp through the window with a panic loan from Motherwell who runs a lot and tries hard but is ultimately short on quality, we go down through the play offs, Duffy leaves citing budget restrictions on the radio, Barry Smith takes over, into the Lowland League we go, Brabco decide to close the place because no one turns up any more, houses, the end. 
Someone tell me to calm doon because this looks all too plausible written down.
Maybe the psychic will reveal all on the 29th of February...

We did all vote for a strippers night IIRC.

I wonder if Duffy would be interested in Evan Galasso from us. Would imagine he might go out on loan and Dumbarton would be a good move although he might be better going to League 2 first. 

Similarly, I'd expect Lewis Mansell to be available too although not sure whether he'd return to England rather than loiter about up here.

13 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Baz might make a bit of history here.

If Sons go down with Forfar and Brechin drop out the league he may well have a hand in an unparalleled hat-trick. 😦

Eh, hold on. Barry Smith is a hugely respected coach. He’s been handed a wide-ranging brief and his blue-sky vision and helicopter-thinking will enable the football club to go, in his own words, beyond delivery and beyond that.

24 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

There doesn't appear to be a huge amount of love in the room for Mr Smith, but maybe folks should chill.  I've just looked over his 19-page CV and he doesn't seem to hang around very long wherever he goes.  The changing of the clock is already looking like a bit of a stretch.

I'd have been delighted if he'd stayed at East Fife 15 months longer.

1 hour ago, George Parr said:

Eh, hold on. Barry Smith is a hugely respected coach. He’s been handed a wide-ranging brief and his blue-sky vision and helicopter-thinking will enable the football club to go, in his own words, beyond delivery and beyond that.

Quiet bat people

I'm just waiting for somebody to chase Duffy shouting "Eat the cheese Jim. Eat the fucking cheese". Right now we absolutely are in the thick of it.

Edited by BallochSonsFan

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a team being relegated because of their assistant manager. He’ll only be doing what Duffy tells him and if Dumbarton go down (which I can’t see happening) then the blame will be with Duffy and all the players he’s plucked from the juniors.

10 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

I'm just waiting for somebody to chase Duffy shouting "Eat the cheese Jim. Eat the fucking cheese". 

If he doesn't get some bodies in pronto it will be me.

9 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a team being relegated because of their assistant manager. He’ll only be doing what Duffy tells him and if Dumbarton go down (which I can’t see happening) then the blame will be with Duffy and all the players he’s plucked from the juniors.

It's not this season that worries us, it's what happens after that. If Dumbarton go down and Duffy takes the blame and walks, or even if we don't go down and Duffy walks, who do you think will be the first CV down on John Steeles' desk?