Sons' sorrow

5 minutes ago, super-son said:

That's good to hear. He at least has something about him even though he's not a natural striker.

Any info on when Layne is due back?

Agreed. He also gives us pace which, with Frizzell away, is something we didn't have in the side against Stranraer and Falkirk.

It wasn't a break so it's just a matter of waiting on the bruising going down. When I spoke to JD on Monday he effectively ruled him out of this weekend though.

Edited by Jan Vojáček

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

PJ should be back on Saturday as far as I understand it (and assuming he avoids injury tonight).

On Callum Wilson, I know absolutely nothing about him and I'm not sure another centre mid is what we need at all given four of our most reliable players are all in that position. Especially a guy with only a handful of senior appearances under his belt.

If he's been signed to play at RB then fair enough, I'll judge him based on how he performs in a Sons shirt - but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping for a natural RB (a la Sam Wardrop) and a natural striker (a la literally anyone who can play up top).

Another Wilson you say ?  Released by Thistle ?  A young midfielder ?

Let's hope he's better than his predecessor David of that ilk.

A tad unfair on Layne and PJ but a decent gag nonetheless.
You could count on one hand the amount of good games Crossan has had for us. A couple of decent enough showings upfront before his injury means the utter tripe he was serving up for months prior to that is being forgotten about.

In terms of the general squad, I'm not entirely sure how the new signing improves us. According to a post on the Elgin thread he wasn't any better than what they had at the club already.

We need a good right back to replace Tumilty (not a young midfielder who can fill in there) we need a winger, we need a striker and we need defensive cover. If we fail to secure that then we will start to tumble down the league IMHO. That's 5 players in total if you include the new guy, two of those have to be definite starters, possibly 3 depending on how fit Layne can keep himself. As much as I rate Duffy as a coach I have absolutely no confidence in him doing the business required in this window.

I'm not a big fan of Carswell playing fullback but it might be the best option we have right now.

Carswell hasn't really been at it in midfield this season for whatever reason. Hutton is doing a fantastic job and has been so consistent. We have been at our best when Hutton has being playing alongside someone other than Carswell this season IMO.

3 minutes ago, super-son said:

I think we could be receiving around £60k if the estimated attendance is anything to go by.

That would be a nice wee windfall for the club I imagine.

Are the gate receipts split Gross 50/50 or is it after all the usual match day deductions like police and stewarding?

7 minutes ago, super-son said:

I think we could be receiving around £60k if the estimated attendance is anything to go by.

That would be a nice wee windfall for the club I imagine.

Even if that were true you are assuming that Brabco will pass up a chance to claw back some of their investement -nothing is ever as it seems.

37 minutes ago, Turnberry Fields Forever said:

Even if that were true you are assuming that Brabco will pass up a chance to claw back some of their investement -nothing is ever as it seems.

Only way Brabco can take money out of the club would be as an interim share dividend or by billing the club for fictitious services rendered. 

Neither of which will happen. 

Apparently we get 40 percent of the gate.I would say at least 50k we should get.Does anyone know about jai quitongo?Is he still training with us?

Im hoping in my childish way that CW is just an extra cover for the departure of frizzel and shiels.We really need a solid RB.

29 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Apparently we get 40 percent of the gate.I would say at least 50k we should get.Does anyone know about jai quitongo?Is he still training with us?

Im hoping in my childish way that CW is just an extra cover for the departure of frizzel and shiels.We really need a solid RB.

Think someone in the Clyde thread said he was training with them. Good luck getting international clearance from Iran though.

I think that round 4, 5 and the QF the SFA take a 5% cut. Round 1,2, and 3 it's 40% for the away team