Sons' sorrow

5 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Did he comment on signing updates last night on Clyde?

I only listened to the first half hour and he said he was banging his head against the wall trying to get things done.

Don't know if he went into any more detail later on.

Weather permitting there could be a wee video interview with him tonight.

Sounds as though he's a centre mid. Wouldn't have thought that was a priority at the moment? Maybe he can be converted to right back?!

I’d say he’s best as a box-to-box midfielder. He’s tidy on the ball and times his runs into the box well. Caldwell thought he could be converted to a RB and I think he played there a bit at Elgin last season. He played a bit in the League Cup for us this season and looked good but then picked up a bad injury, think he broke and dislocated his shoulder. I’ve always been impressed by him but he’s absolutely tiny.

What is Duffy thinking??

Why on earth are we signing a CM when that's the only position on the park that we are actually covered in. A young and what looks like a lightweight inexperienced one at that.

We need a ST in before Saturday or we are going to look like an absolute gang.

Could be doing with a RB as well but if I was to pick one it would be a ST

I noticed a hiatus of about 2 hours in Laynedog's Love Island tweeting on Tuesday night, so with a bit of luck he was taking part in training. Was Crossan's injury a hamstring? If so, 5 weeks out should maybe see him back too? Hoping we hear tomorrow that McMillan is returning from his loan and that he's got his match fitness back., as apart from Saturday when their game was cancelled too, he's been playing regularly for Pollok.

11 minutes ago, super-son said:
29 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

A tad unfair on Layne and PJ but a decent gag nonetheless.

Well Layne and PJ are not available just now so therefore not an option.

PJ should be back on Saturday as far as I understand it (and assuming he avoids injury tonight).

On Callum Wilson, I know absolutely nothing about him and I'm not sure another centre mid is what we need at all given four of our most reliable players are all in that position. Especially a guy with only a handful of senior appearances under his belt.

If he's been signed to play at RB then fair enough, I'll judge him based on how he performs in a Sons shirt - but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping for a natural RB (a la Sam Wardrop) and a natural striker (a la literally anyone who can play up top).

PJ should be back on Saturday as far as I understand it (and assuming he avoids injury tonight).
On Callum Wilson, I know absolutely nothing about him and I'm not sure another centre mid is what we need at all given four of our most reliable players are all in that position. Especially a guy with only a handful of senior appearances under his belt.
If he's been signed to play at RB then fair enough, I'll judge him based on how he performs in a Sons shirt - but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping for a natural RB (a la Sam Wardrop) and a natural striker (a la literally anyone who can play up top).
That's good to hear. He at least has something about him even though he's not a natural striker.

Any info on when Layne is due back?