Sons' sorrow

6 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I'm so astounded by this that I'm sure it's made up.

I think it may be one of those situations where he faces an outsized number of shots. I suspect his save percentage would be fairly low.

Also, I assume it counts as a save when he palms one out straight to an opposition striker.

9 hours ago, lorenzo71 said:

Any news on Isaac Layne mate?

I know nothing I'm afraid. Guess we'll know by the weekend and I'll ask Jim about things if Layne doesn't make the squad - but I haven't heard anything since post-match on Saturday and I'm snowed under (pun intended) trying to get the Christmas Eve paper sorted at the moment so can't really justify a call to Duffy when I'll see him at Stark's.

6 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I know nothing I'm afraid. Guess we'll know by the weekend and I'll ask Jim about things if Layne doesn't make the squad - but I haven't heard anything since post-match on Saturday and I'm snowed under (pun intended) trying to get the Christmas Eve paper sorted at the moment so can't really justify a call to Duffy when I'll see him at Stark's.

Should've phoned SSB last night.

3 hours ago, GordyBrow said:

I think it may be one of those situations where he faces an outsized number of shots. I suspect his save percentage would be fairly low.

Also, I assume it counts as a save when he palms one out straight to an opposition striker.

We've conceded the second most goals in the league. Not sure any of these stats say anything good about our defence.

42 minutes ago, Thommo90 said:

Not sure if this is common knowledge, but Jai Quitongo is training with us.

Hopes to get a club in January..

Quitongo looking to get back fit and sharp...

We can play trialists...

Layne out...

Hmm...Hope Jim has at least pitched the idea to him. Even if it was just for three games until he gets a full-time deal sorted having a player like him involved could be a massive boost.

Do Pollock have injuries or something? Seems strange to send him on loan for a month, especially as it looked like McMillan would be able to offer us something.

It's not saying much for the thought that went into this squad build though. 3 punted on loan before Christmas isn't a good look.

Do Pollock have injuries or something? Seems strange to send him on loan for a month, especially as it looked like McMillan would be able to offer us something.
It's not saying much for the thought that went into this squad build though. 3 punted on loan before Christmas isn't a good look.
In the Aitken days we were punting folk before September.

9 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

In the Aitken days we were punting folk before September.

And he's on the dole because of it. Duffy won't be punted, but I'd like a gaffer to take a few less shots in the dark when building a squad. Rejigging an 18 man squad every January is a total nightmare.

10 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Most of the defence seems to be injured!

Edited by cmontheloknow

Could be a case of it suiting both teams here.

We have a defender who doesn't really have any match fitness and proved that he can be useful a few weeks back when he had to play.

They need a defender pretty badly.

This can get McMillan up to match fitness and he can be available for us to utilise properly in January when he returns?