14 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
15 minutes ago, the snudge said:
Aberdeen away. Fairly decent tie! 

Hmmm

Could have been a whole lot worse. At least we'll make a little bit of money from this one.

Yep, if we weren't getting a draw against a wee team then I wanted either of the OF away or Aberdeen away.

Would have preferred to get BSC Glasgow (or similar) at home or that and then a bigger team in the next round but will take it. The last thing we wanted was another boring tie vs Falkirk or Raith etc...

Would have thought, financially, Aberdeen away would be up there, happy to go and get cuffed by 4 or 5 and have some extra in the coffers versus watching a draw against Queens Park (Just a reference, no offence to the spiders).

Edited by albundy

9,661 at their home game with Stenhousemuir in the same round last season.

Would have thought financially, Aberdeen away would be up there, happy to go and get cuffed by 4 or 5 and have some extra in the coffers versus watching a draw against Queens Park (Just a reference, no offence to the spiders).

Great draw - a glamour tie and a help with the finances. What's the prize money for reaching this round?

The striker vote has started, I will look into my crystal ball and say that Fleming and Prunty will be the 2 strikers chosen, better give the fans a big wave next time they are down!

5 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

The striker vote has started, I will look into my crystal ball and say that Fleming and Prunty will be the 2 strikers chosen, better give the fans a big wave next time they are down!

Both are presumably the highest scoring strikers over the period and performed well over several seasons in the decade. It's not a bad thing if they're both in there.

Just a pity that the likes of Dom Thomas have been lumped in with the strikers vote, despite being more of an attacking midfielder / winger to my mind.

Turning to the cup draw, on the face of it we're staring down the barrel of a heavy defeat but stranger things have happened and should be a good day oot. Ryan McGeever to score.

As of 9.38am this morning, it is with great sadness that I must report that at least 25 living, breathing human beings have clicked the option of "Dennis Wyness". We currently have scientists looking into this phenomenon, early theories are that some brain eating parasite may have taken hold of the people of Dumbarton thus causing memory lapse. Investigations are ongoing and updates will be provided as and when they are available.

We would like to remind all other members who may be voting that their vote could bring further consequences too, such as being locked up in a fucking looney bin for voting Mitch Megginson over JIMMY FUCKING LISTER.

Both are presumably the highest scoring strikers over the period and performed well over several seasons in the decade. It's not a bad thing if they're both in there.
Just a pity that the likes of Dom Thomas have been lumped in with the strikers vote, despite being more of an attacking midfielder / winger to my mind.
Turning to the cup draw, on the face of it we're staring down the barrel of a heavy defeat but stranger things have happened and should be a good day oot. Ryan McGeever to score.
I'm not against them being in there, but with the raft of options available they wouldn't be near my top 2. Fleming a great servant to the club and scored some good goals for us, also Prunty similar, who can forget "that" goal at Livingston. But are they the "best" we've had?Nade, Nish, Thomas, Thomson, Lister and Kane all ahead of them in my opinion.

As of 9.38am this morning, it is with great sadness that I must report that at least 25 living, breathing human beings have clicked the option of "Dennis Wyness". We currently have scientists looking into this phenomenon, early theories are that some brain eating parasite may have taken hold of the people of Dumbarton thus causing memory lapse. Investigations are ongoing and updates will be provided as and when they are available.
We would like to remind all other members who may be voting that their vote could bring further consequences too, such as being locked up in a fucking looney bin for voting Mitch Megginson over JIMMY FUCKING LISTER.

Woah. Leave Mingey out of this.

15 hours ago, squeezeboxson said:

Would have preferred to get BSC Glasgow (or similar) at home

Having seen both Dumbarton and BSC in recent weeks, I'd say you were better off with Aberdeen.

To be fair, there only about 10 folk in that Aitken's Army crowd and I'm not sure how much influence they'd have in a vote involving 200 odd folk.

I think the players friends and family, their fellow pros and fans of other teams where they were successful will be having a bigger impact. For example, Shug Murray got a good amount of votes despite being pish for us so I can only assume some loser St Mirren fans decided to vote for him.

Strikers obviously do more than just score goals but I decided to see who had the highest goals to game ratio of the decade. Here's the top five.

1. Craig Dargo 0.58

2. Dom Thomas 0.53

3. Chris Kane 0.50

4. Isaac Layne 0.47

5. Jon McShane 0.41.

Only Kane and McShane played 30 or more games from those. A select few others are Jim Lister 0.38, Bryan Prunty 0.30, Colin Nish 0.14, Archie Campbell 0.07, Christian Nade 0.21, Dennis Wyness 0.29, Lewis Vaughan 0.26 and Kevin Nisbet 0.00.