Sons' sorrow

As of 9.38am this morning, it is with great sadness that I must report that at least 25 living, breathing human beings have clicked the option of "Dennis Wyness". We currently have scientists looking into this phenomenon, early theories are that some brain eating parasite may have taken hold of the people of Dumbarton thus causing memory lapse. Investigations are ongoing and updates will be provided as and when they are available.

We would like to remind all other members who may be voting that their vote could bring further consequences too, such as being locked up in a fucking looney bin for voting Mitch Megginson over JIMMY FUCKING LISTER.

Both are presumably the highest scoring strikers over the period and performed well over several seasons in the decade. It's not a bad thing if they're both in there.
Just a pity that the likes of Dom Thomas have been lumped in with the strikers vote, despite being more of an attacking midfielder / winger to my mind.
Turning to the cup draw, on the face of it we're staring down the barrel of a heavy defeat but stranger things have happened and should be a good day oot. Ryan McGeever to score.
I'm not against them being in there, but with the raft of options available they wouldn't be near my top 2. Fleming a great servant to the club and scored some good goals for us, also Prunty similar, who can forget "that" goal at Livingston. But are they the "best" we've had?Nade, Nish, Thomas, Thomson, Lister and Kane all ahead of them in my opinion.

As of 9.38am this morning, it is with great sadness that I must report that at least 25 living, breathing human beings have clicked the option of "Dennis Wyness". We currently have scientists looking into this phenomenon, early theories are that some brain eating parasite may have taken hold of the people of Dumbarton thus causing memory lapse. Investigations are ongoing and updates will be provided as and when they are available.
We would like to remind all other members who may be voting that their vote could bring further consequences too, such as being locked up in a fucking looney bin for voting Mitch Megginson over JIMMY FUCKING LISTER.

Woah. Leave Mingey out of this.

The striker vote has started, I will look into my crystal ball and say that Fleming and Prunty will be the 2 strikers chosen, better give the fans a big wave next time they are down!
To be fair, there only about 10 folk in that Aitken's Army crowd and I'm not sure how much influence they'd have in a vote involving 200 odd folk.

I think the players friends and family, their fellow pros and fans of other teams where they were successful will be having a bigger impact. For example, Shug Murray got a good amount of votes despite being pish for us so I can only assume some loser St Mirren fans decided to vote for him.

Strikers obviously do more than just score goals but I decided to see who had the highest goals to game ratio of the decade. Here's the top five.

1. Craig Dargo 0.58

2. Dom Thomas 0.53

3. Chris Kane 0.50

4. Isaac Layne 0.47

5. Jon McShane 0.41.

Only Kane and McShane played 30 or more games from those. A select few others are Jim Lister 0.38, Bryan Prunty 0.30, Colin Nish 0.14, Archie Campbell 0.07, Christian Nade 0.21, Dennis Wyness 0.29, Lewis Vaughan 0.26 and Kevin Nisbet 0.00.

Strikers obviously do more than just score goals but I decided to see who had the highest goals to game ratio of the decade. Here's the top five.
1. Craig Dargo 0.58
2. Dom Thomas 0.53
3. Chris Kane 0.50
4. Isaac Layne 0.47
5. Jon McShane 0.41.
Only Kane and McShane played 30 or more games from those. A select few others are Jim Lister 0.38, Bryan Prunty 0.30, Colin Nish 0.14, Archie Campbell 0.07, Christian Nade 0.21, Dennis Wyness 0.29, Lewis Vaughan 0.26 and Kevin Nisbet 0.00.

I’ll predict Dom Thomas has a much higher assists-games ratio than any of the others. He, along with Paul McGinn should be the very first names in the team purely based on quality of performances delivered.

1. Craig Dargo 0.58

2. Dom Thomas 0.53

3. Chris Kane 0.50

4. Isaac Layne 0.47

5. Jon McShane 0.41.

You wouldn't happen to have wave at fans vs minutes played ratio, would you?

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

Ditto Nade, Hibs!

Cue that Nade 'calm down' gif from somebody.

Nade's celebration on his first game back at Easter Road for us was brilliant. He'd been gone for a few years and he got pelters from the start of the warm up for being fat, 'ten men couldnae carry' etc. 

The big man then popped up with a scrappy goal, and headed to our fans for all of 2 seconds before doing a full sprint over to the home fans on the East Stand, tearing his shirt off.

The silence was deafening. 

JS47937405.jpg

10 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Er, how can you avenge something that was self-inflicted emoji848.png

You can't really, but I'm still sore about it.

7 hours ago, The Moonster said:

That's beyond strange. I'd also put Rory Loy getting 11% and Donald McCallum getting 27% up there for weirdness.

1 hour ago, cameron2000 said:

I’ll predict Dom Thomas has a much higher assists-games ratio than any of the others. He, along with Paul McGinn should be the very first names in the team purely based on quality of performances delivered.

DT got 11 assists last season so his statistics will be sublime.