Sons' sorrow

I find it bizarre that TTL mob aren't stocking it if we still have a year with them.

The sooner we get away from them the better. Their website is a clunky piece of shite and their P&P charges are terrible.

Football Nation in Edinburgh appear to be far superior, it would maybe be worth getting in contact with them. Here's an example of some of the stuff they offer https://www.thefootballnation.co.uk/albion-rovers-online-shop/?search_query=&page=1&limit=24&sort=featured&category=1302&is_category_page=1

World of difference between that site and the piece of shite TTL one.
Amazed by the range of kit for Albion Rovers !

6 hours ago, sarti pooh said:

I'm hopefully going to training on Thursday and film a couple of interviews.

Last time we got half an hour before training so we managed to get two interviews in.

I think Isaac Layne is a must.

If we could get a second is there anyone the fans would like to hear from? 

PJ Crossan springs to mind.Having come from Celtic im sure hes looking to work his way back up the leagues as it were.

Agreed Isaac Lister is a must.

Edited by lorenzo71

I find it bizarre that TTL mob aren't stocking it if we still have a year with them.

The sooner we get away from them the better. Their website is a clunky piece of shite and their P&P charges are terrible.

Football Nation in Edinburgh appear to be far superior, it would maybe be worth getting in contact with them. Here's an example of some of the stuff they offer https://www.thefootballnation.co.uk/albion-rovers-online-shop/?search_query=&page=1&limit=24&sort=featured&category=1302&is_category_page=1

I would have preffered this option from that site instead of our current strip.

EDIT: I would still prefer a white with gold and black bands but couldn't find anything like that.

28962_zoom_1551975262.thumb.jpeg.3247b9aa1d67fc5a465f8e623bd0cf54.jpeg

I would have preffered this option from that site instead of our current strip. 
EDIT: I would still prefer a white with gold and black bands but couldn't find anything like that.

28962_zoom_1551975262.thumb.jpeg.3247b9aa1d67fc5a465f8e623bd0cf54.jpeg

At least that’s our colours, black and gold.
This yellow that has crept in since the mid 90s has morphed into being accepted as one of our colours.
It’s everywhere, strips, website, stadium.

8 hours ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

Sigh!

The reason that I have never complained to the club about the drum is that it would be seen as exactly as you portray here I.e. that it was down to me that it was stopped. I understand that there hasn’t been a drum at the majority of home games this season and I was told at Peterhead that the young team no longer brought a drum to games. That was why I attended yesterday. If comments overheard at the bar don’t tally with the truth then I can do nothing about that.
Please, can this be the end of it?

Early season result: Wilf 1 Kids 0

Fans not happy. Result is being reviewed by VAR as we speak.

11 hours ago, PWL said:

Yesterday was a very pleasant surprise and I actually thought the stand looked a wee bit busier. 

Tumilty looked solid with an eagerness to push forward. Hutton had his best game in yonks. Scullion and Crossan put in  a real shift. And big Isaac looks the sort of forward defenders dread.  His work for the second goal can't be underestimated. 

Can't be overestimated, surely?

I take it you are turning down the opportunity to discuss your litany of calumnies and half truths face to face, so that you can continue in the same vein? Face to face chat invite , with zero real or implied threat, is still open. Correspondence here is closed.

47 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

I take it you are turning down the opportunity to discuss your litany of calumnies and half truths face to face, so that you can continue in the same vein? Face to face chat invite , with zero real or implied threat, is still open. Correspondence here is closed.

No idea why you're saying that. You don't need to repeat the half truths line - it was loud and clear the first couple of times. Can I add Wilf deflection tactics to our chat in the bar a week on Saturday?

Give it a rest, man. I'd put your rant last night down to a few too many celebratory drinks but you've continued it today...even when Wilf has offered an olive branch to discuss it face to face and explained his position fairly well.

The Young Team, who have taken a sensible decision to accommodate all fans, are showing more maturity.

30 minutes ago, mike rankine said:

Give it a rest, man. I'd put your rant last night down to a few too many celebratory drinks but you've continued it today...even when Wilf has offered an olive branch to discuss it face to face and explained his position fairly well.

The Young Team, who have taken a sensible decision to accommodate all fans, are showing more maturity.

If you take a look at Wilf's posts to me and others, regarding tone, sarcasm and attempts at humiliation, you'll see I'm not the only one being immature. I've accepted his olive branch - we're meeting at the next home match.

11 minutes ago, RockMusic said:

If you take a look at Wilf's posts to me and others, regarding tone, sarcasm and attempts at humiliation, you'll see I'm not the only one being immature. I've accepted his olive branch - we're meeting at the next home match.

Good move.We Sons fans are few and far between.Its a positive thing that we leave animosity behind and bond in our common love for the club.Peace and love ..it is 50 years since woodstock after all😂

10 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Good move.We Sons fans are few and far between.Its a positive thing that we leave animosity behind and bond in our common love for the club.Peace and love ..it is 50 years since woodstock after all😂

Good one 😉 I'm really looking forward to meeting Wilf. I'm sure both of us will be very different to how we come across on this forum. 

Are tickets being sold to this meeting? Reckon this could be a promotional opportunity to get more fans in the door for the game? [emoji39]

12 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Are tickets being sold to this meeting? Reckon this could be a promotional opportunity to get more fans in the door for the game? emoji39.png

I've been thinking the exact same! By a week on Saturday there could be a good number of people interested in Rocky v Wilf. Who will out-sarcasm the other? Will the young team give handers for Rocky?? 

By the way, this is banter 😀

Alright lads, I recorded a podcast with the great Andy Graham last week. This is part two, where he talks about his three years at Dumbarton and his season at Ayr United.

It's brilliant stuff about the side's turnaround under Ian Murray and their success in the Championship, but it also focuses on his departure under Stevie Aitken, something I don't think he's spoken about publicly until now.

CLICK!

(22:50 if you want to get straight to the gossip.)

Edited by Francesc Fabregas
I wrote the wrong team! What a wally!