Sons' sorrow

2 hours ago, RockMusic said:

Good stuff today on the pitch but I heard some horror story stuff off it. Coming out of the bogs, I heard one guy saying to a grey haired guy that it was good to see him back. The smug faced grey haired git replied with: " when I heard the drum had been decommissioned I came along". That angered me significantly. Then in the bar afterwards I overheard comments saying that the young ultras have to change their name as someone who's thinking of sponsoring them (I think) doesn't like the connotations of the word "ultras". He/she clearly doesn't know what it means. Then I was told the young ultras gave up their drum due to Howlin bloody Wilf (remember, he plays in a band with a drummer and guitar amplification) alleging that the rather quiet drum distresses him ( oh diddums, how could they??). Then the utterly spurious excuse of Wilf being a long term supporter who has donated to the club financially; so the entire bloody support has to behave in a way that satisfies one bloke. One bloody bloke!! This club is going down the route of turning into a little Hitler run golf club. These kids and the rest of the support pay their money that keeps us going and as long as we are not engaging in offensive or anti-social behaviour then that should be fine for all of us. Those kids and their drum went viral with many posters around the country rightly praising them for their passion and noise-making. How utterly embarrassing that supposed super fan Wilf has destroyed one of the few things we can be proud of. Wilf and his apologists should be utterly ashamed of themselves.

Whilst there are valid points wrapped up in the vitriol, you should speak to the guy face to face,  rather than sniping from the safety of the internet.

40 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

I wasn’t going to reply to this but what the heck? Wind your neck in. I was quite happy in my exile from games which has been since January. I haven’t been at a game since and neither have I made one single complaint to the club or expressed any wish to return.i attempted to debate it here and that’s all. Last week I went to Peterhead because I have a friend who lives near there and enjoyed the game with him. Someone at the game remarked to me that the drum was no longer present at games. On that basis I went along today and was pleased to find out that this was indeed the case. Pressure exerted by me was 0. I understand however that several supporters had made complaints as well as several householders. I was that grey haired guy and I’ll be pleased to discuss the matter face to face with you rather than you sneaking away name calling and constructing a fiction on here.

I’ll be happy to explain to you the other issues you raise here too.

PS Check your facts next time.

Ok, I should wind my neck in but that drum would still be getting hit if it wasn't for your posts on here. You must realise that, whatever your intentions were initially. If you remember rightly, I supported your stance of not going to the matches due to your health issues. However, I was angered today in the bar after the match when I was told that the drum was "decomissioned" due to you. I even double checked with the person who said it that it was indeed you. You may be of the opinion that you didn't pressurise anyone to remove the drum but I think that you're being cute here and the pressure came from your posts on this matter. I don't recall you suggesting anything to the effect of: it's great to see the youngsters having fun at the match, but it's not for me. Your posts came across as someone who was annoyed at the drum and hoped it would disappear. Correct me on this if wrong, but you have now secured a prominent position at the club at the same time as the drum has disappeared and various people in the bar now seem to be backing up your view on the drum. Mere coincidence? I sincerely hope your "face-to-face" suggestion is not the aggressive call for a confrontation it seems to be. I'm happy to meet you in the bar at the next home game for a chat on this matter. Sorry for the"git" comment. I didn't realise that was you ( I thought you were much older) and was just angry at what I heard. You could work on the smugness, though.

5 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Whilst there are valid points wrapped up in the vitriol, you should speak to the guy face to face,  rather than sniping from the safety of the internet.

Not what I would call vitriolic. See above for face-to-face meeting.

Just out of curiosity there I reached out to the young team asking the story behind the drum.

"we stopped talking it because two fans had an hearing issue and because of the noise of the drum they couldn’t go to the games anymore so we stopped so they could come back"

I think a lot of credit should go them for being so understanding and thinking of others like that and making that decision.

I love the young team making noise. To me that's football. I'm almost embarrassed how quiet it can be down there sometimes.

That being said the young ultras were different class today and sang for the full 90 without a drum and still managed to create a good atmosphere.

So maybe that's the happy medium for all parties.

29 minutes ago, Northern Son said:

@RockMusic I was with Wilf at Peterhead when he was told that the drum was no more and can assure you that he knew nothing about it.  Your suggestion that he somehow engineered its removal is bizarre. He stated the effect it had on his health and ceased to attend matches. End of story.  

The young team clearly felt pressure to give up the drum. That pressure was from Wilf's posts. To see Wilf acting so smug about it today was childish - it came across as: " I'm a fifty something bloke and I taught those eleven year olds a lesson". Probably not the end of story.

Just out of curiosity there I reached out to the young team asking the story behind the drum.
"we stopped talking it because two fans had an hearing issue and because of the noise of the drum they couldn’t go to the games anymore so we stopped so they could come back"
I think a lot of credit should go them for being so understanding and thinking of others like that and making that decision.
I love the young team making noise. To me that's football. I'm almost embarrassed how quiet it can be down there sometimes.
That being said the young ultras were different class today and sang for the full 90 without a drum and still managed to create a good atmosphere.
So maybe that's the happy medium for all parties.
Were they in tune but?

Ok, I should wind my neck in but that drum would still be getting hit if it wasn't for your posts on here. You must realise that, whatever your intentions were initially. If you remember rightly, I supported your stance of not going to the matches due to your health issues. However, I was angered today in the bar after the match when I was told that the drum was "decomissioned" due to you. I even double checked with the person who said it that it was indeed you. You may be of the opinion that you didn't pressurise anyone to remove the drum but I think that you're being cute here and the pressure came from your posts on this matter. I don't recall you suggesting anything to the effect of: it's great to see the youngsters having fun at the match, but it's not for me. Your posts came across as someone who was annoyed at the drum and hoped it would disappear. Correct me on this if wrong, but you have now secured a prominent position at the club at the same time as the drum has disappeared and various people in the bar now seem to be backing up your view on the drum. Mere coincidence? I sincerely hope your "face-to-face" suggestion is not the aggressive call for a confrontation it seems to be. I'm happy to meet you in the bar at the next home game for a chat on this matter. Sorry for the"git" comment. I didn't realise that was you ( I thought you were much older) and was just angry at what I heard. You could work on the smugness, though.

Jeez! The pressure came from my posts on the matter? I haven’t posted here much at all this season and my last post on that subject was I think just after I stopped attending in January. Not only am I of the opinion that I didn’t pressurise anyone, I didn’t pressurise anyone.

I will correct you because you are wrong (again). I hold no position at the club, prominent or otherwise. My position at DCS is by its very nature, independent of the club. Yesterday was the first time I have spoken with or indeed communicated at all with an official of DFC since January.

I was told last week that the boys had stopped bringing the drum to matches, that it had hardly featured at all this season and had not been at the Raith match. Perhaps your most ridiculous assertion is that I have somehow influenced people in the bar to be fed up with something. Oh and an invite to discuss things face to face is just a request for exactly that. It is simply a request for a wee bit of common courtesy.

You have used a series of descriptions and assumptions of me on a public forum, when you admit above that you don’t even know me!

We had a terrible start to the season and it was looking bleak. Then the last two games we seem to have turned a corner, came from behind, got the point and are starting to play some good football. 

Come on P&B to see what people are saying and we’re back to the Drum chat. Give us peace, move on and enjoy that we won and put in a decent performance.

We had a terrible start to the season and it was looking bleak. Then the last two games we seem to have turned a corner, came from behind, got the point and are starting to play some good football. 
Come on P&B to see what people are saying and we’re back to the Drum chat. Give us peace, move on and enjoy that we won and put in a decent performance.

Yeah sincere apologies. The only reason I replied was because the situation was misrepresented. No more from me unless massacre man posts another lot of half truths and assumptions.

It was a very good performance. We looked organised, particularly going forward. Let’s get back to the football [emoji460]️

Yesterday was a very pleasant surprise and I actually thought the stand looked a wee bit busier. 

Tumilty looked solid with an eagerness to push forward. Hutton had his best game in yonks. Scullion and Crossan put in  a real shift. And big Isaac looks the sort of forward defenders dread.  His work for the second goal can't be underestimated. 

A wee bit of sunshine and some Post Malone at half time for the kidz. 

Happy days.