52f17ec34b926a0dd473a97190fc00d8.png&key=2853fac7afc28cecfa65cd62da1c439b04a48c37695ec863fcea7f5d86440b53
Ehh... Naw. Are we trying to pretend to lessen the blow here.
St Mirren Colts are not a premiership side.
It does say "Premiership side St Mirren's Colts" to be fair, not really the same thing.

I don't think there's any need for the Premiership part though, we lost to a team of wee boys, which is arguably one of, if not the worst result in our recent history.

7 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

It does say "Premiership side St Mirren's Colts" to be fair, not really the same thing.

I don't think there's any need for the Premiership part though, we lost to a team of wee boys, which is arguably one of, if not the worst result in our recent history.

Indeed.

Great night for the youngster who scored though.

A1BPkq1-pCeVvW-N.jpg

23 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

It was a bit of a farce he didn’t win POTY tbh. Everyone in the room must have been thinking we know who the real POTY is when Carswell won it.

I wasn't. Carswell thoroughly deserved it.

10 minutes ago, super-son said:

52f17ec34b926a0dd473a97190fc00d8.png

Ehh... Naw. Are we trying to pretend to lessen the blow here.

St Mirren Colts are not a premiership side.

Honestly, some of the things the club twitter gets slated for is ridiculous. They're hardly going to put up the truth of the matter are they?

"Dumbarton are out of the most pointless cup in Scottish football after being beaten by a bunch of wee boys who have school in the morning".

4 hours ago, Silverton End said:

I believe the Duffball is On-Air this evening.

“Hi I want to talk about Celtic going out the champions league”

Apparently my size of top will be in for the Stranraer game, and TTL are playing funny beggars, hence no new kit on their website.

Where did you get the info from please ?

In what way are TTL alleged to be playing silly beggars ?

Far flung Sons fans are being deprived of buying kit online.

Maybe club should tell TTL to f**k off, market and sell the kit themselves and keep all the profit.

I’m sure there will be some commercial reason why TTL have their finger in the pie and why shorts, socks, jersey printing appears to be monopolised by them.

It takes my mind off getting beat by wee boys.

2 minutes ago, Jumbo Muir said:

Where did you get the info from please ?
In what way are TTL alleged to be playing silly beggars ?
Maybe club should tell TTL to f**k off, market and sell the kit themselves and keep all the profit.
I’m sure there will be some commercial reason why TTL have their finger in the pie and why shorts, socks, jersey printing appears to be monopolised by them.

It takes my mind off getting beat by wee boys.

This is the last year of our deal with TTL I believe. I extremely doubt we'll use them again.

Layne's miss on the goal cam is something else.

Dim Duffy has always rated him. lol.

I am of the strong opinion that Layne was steaming last night.

My worry is that Duffy cannot lose. He says he accepts full responsibility but can we really sack him? It is his squad, season is underway and who one earth would take on this lot for the kind of money we can offer. Conversely if he gets a better offer he will surely walk.

His casual approach to pre season signings suggests to me his heart is just not in it. We are in a serious bind.

Its not a great situation by any stretch but despite the challenges off the field the on-field issues lie solely at the feet of Duffy. His recruitment has been shambolic. I’m also beginning to question his commitment to the job and frankly the fans deserve better than a man at the helm who’s only half interested. At best, is a complete amateurish performance from a so called professional football manager.

So what can the fans do to help? Short of winning the lottery and ridding ourselves of the ‘businessman’ of Brabco? The club needs funds, but throwing money at problems seldom solves the problem.

What we need is a strategy for taking the football club forward whilst starving Brabco of any support whatsoever and indeed taking the fight with them public; when the time is right. That stage may come sooner than we think.

Right now though? A managers fund would help. Ringfenced to ensure all funds raised go to squad reinforcement. Any other Supporters Trust initiatives or Fundraising needs to be fully supported. We need a Trust AGM and at that we needs fans to step up to the plate, stop criticising (often rightly) from a distance and start supporting efforts to change the club’s direction from within. A strong Supporters Trust will go a long way to not only supporting the football club but blocking any hostile moves from Brabco.

Meanwhile we can only hope that we can somehow keep within touching distance of the pack until we either get some quality loan players in, and/or limp on til January in the hope we can bolster the squad then.

What we need now is practical solutions; right now.

47 minutes ago, cremola foam said:

My worry is that Duffy cannot lose. He says he accepts full responsibility but can we really sack him? It is his squad, season is underway and who one earth would take on this lot for the kind of money we can offer. Conversely if he gets a better offer he will surely walk.

His casual approach to pre season signings suggests to me his heart is just not in it. We are in a serious bind.

No matter what was said at a meeting about budgets, there is no evidence that such a budget was forthcoming. The evidence in fact is to the contrary unless we think that Duffy had a budget at his disposal that he didn't use.

3 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Layne's miss on the goal cam is something else.

Dim Duffy has always rated him. lol.

I wasn't at the game last night so I'm not really to sure, but after watching the goalcam it looks like we had quite a few very good chances to score. That's not what I took from the comments of people who attended. 

Layne's miss was pretty bad but I do have a bit of sympathy as he looks like he has tried to place it in the corner but got it a fraction off. A bit unlucky IMO. 

Does anyone know if Carsy's injury is a bad one?