Sons' sorrow

On 01/08/2019 at 06:46, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I think the primary aim was not to protect the interests of the football club per se, but to prevent anyone from capitalising on an early or easy sale of the land as a substantial sum of public funding had been required to get the project across the line; that was where the then MP came in.

We would hope that these Golden Shares are as watertight as originally intended, but as far as I know there has never been an occasion to definitively find out.

The allocation of the 100 C shares are recorded in the Articles of Association of DFC. As Chairman of DCS, I made sure this was done, two years after the C shares came into existence. It should have been done by Golds (sic), Scottish Enterprise's appointed solicitors but their work left, shall we say, a lot to be desired. Whist there may be some ambiguity in the wording of the powers conferred on the holders of the C shares, I'm confident that the initial purpose was clear and that the holders of those shares have the power to block or indeed approve, any sale of the club's heritable property. I resigned as Chairman more than 10 years ago, but recently accepted an invitation to go back on the board.

Good wee interview on FB with JD, very well put together

I thought that too. Great to see and well done to the club’s social media team for getting it out there.

Don’t see the issue with Duffy’s comments on SSB. He’s put on there to give an opinion and he’s done that. Why Wright feels the need to publicly respond says more about him tbh.

39 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

Jim Duffy gave his opinion and Tommy Wright gave his. They are both experienced managers and Duffy is a paid as a pundit too. What's the issue?

There is no issue, except by those who want to make it an issue.

I am sure Duffy and Wright know each other very well, for better or worse.

I'll admit, I'd rather Duffy didn't piss off managers of teams who could potentially help us out with loanees but that reaction from Tommy Wright is some serious toys out of the pram stuff. I've no idea why he's so upset. Does he react like that to every pundit who predicts St Johnstone will struggle or does he just have an issue with Duffy because he's a "part-time manager"?

Wright's comments are far worse than Duffy's.

Duffy should not be so unprofessional. Complete embarrassment for the club. Are other managers going to read that and think, "f**k I'm no sending players to that clown manager and his circus down there". 

To be fair, he hardly just came out n said aye St Johnstone will go down in some random interview. It was a bit of fun doing a prediction thing as part of his radio gig. Don’t agree with how he’s went about stuff this summer but I don’t think it’s unprofessional.

Season ticket number fifty all primed and ready to go for the new season . . . jeez I feel old.

IMG_1016.thumb.jpg.0e78c1819a921dbaea4ec029c056147b.jpg

It's thirty years since I had my first one but I've probably only had a ticket for about half of that time. Can I be cheeky and ask how much your first one cost? Mine was £15 for the boy's gate which was the cost of ten games when we played either 19 or 20 home league games. Valid for cup ties as well of course.

11 hours ago, Johnny Red said:

After what I heard today, prepare for bookies to start slashing odds on Dom Thomas returning to The Rock.......

I would be very surprised if he did return.

BUT

Imagine he did a Rory Mcalistair and decided his work outside football was more profitable and was happy to go PT and just sit ripping up the lower leagues for us and become a true Legend. Ahh you can but dream.

13 hours ago, Johnny Red said:

After what I heard today, prepare for bookies to start slashing odds on Dom Thomas returning to The Rock.......

You have a good track record on here for ITKs, I hope you're not using that track record for a wind up here because if you are, I want you to know I have a very particular set of skills. Skills I have aquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you come clean on the wind up now that'll be the end of it, I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, but if you don't and it is a wind up, I will look for you, I will find you and I will kill you.

29 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You have a good track record on here for ITKs, I hope you're not using that track record for a wind up here because if you are, I want you to know I have a very particular set of skills. Skills I have aquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you come clean on the wind up now that'll be the end of it, I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, but if you don't and it is a wind up, I will look for you, I will find you and I will kill you.

Liam Neeson would make a braw manager tbf,....but DT....😍.

Johnny Red is usually pretty accurate.......amazing if its true..........but  you never know its a funny old game.

Seriously not a wind up (I don’t do wind ups) but would say there is a 50% chance he could come back, he likes it here and we are on his options list....from the horses mouth, not rumour. But hey that might just be his chat, and not what’s going on behind the scenes.

It's thirty years since I had my first one but I've probably only had a ticket for about half of that time. Can I be cheeky and ask how much your first one cost? Mine was £15 for the boy's gate which was the cost of ten games when we played either 19 or 20 home league games. Valid for cup ties as well of course.

First one was a pound. And that got you in to all games not just league games. So minimum of 21 games, three league cup and 18 league