Sons' sorrow

12 minutes ago, RGD89 said:

I don’t rate him as a good footballer but coming out and calling him a w**k seems a bit much to me.

Again for those who choose to ignore it, he is a w**k of a person, if he was firing us to the league title, my opinion of him wouldn't change.

I actually said a few pages back that I was initially happy he re-signed.

5 hours ago, super-son said:

All I said was the build up to the goal was a nice bit of play. Which it was.

It was a neat period of passing in the lead up but the goal comes directly from Tierney getting away down the right which he did by hauling Lee Kilday's shirt back VERY clearly, right in front of the linesman, just before the camera pans across to it in the highllights.  Which neither excuses Kilday's brief stop with his arms spread wide waiting for the free kick which never came, nor Darren Brownlie being held off by Crossan once the cross came in. The defending was poor but it should never have stood.

4 hours ago, super-son said:

We have conceded 10 goals in 2 games mainly because our 2 central defenders and goalkeeper seem to be in competition to see who can f**k up the most during these games. Against QOTS Brennan literally slapped the ball into his own net and both defenders couldn't get near to any of the attackers and they had all the time and space in the world to do what they liked.

Specifically on our goals on Saturday:

1st - McGeever completely fails to deal with an aimless punt into the box under pressure from the much shorter Gary Oliver. It's a decent cross into the box but Quitongo stands still and sees Paton run in front of him to get on the end of it and Brennan makes a backside of his attempt to block, though in his defence Paton makes a completely miscued contact which causes the ball to bounce slowly over Brennan rather than be hit at him.

2nd - Lewis Kidd is far sharper to the ball than whoever is over on your left side (is it Crossan?) and plays a ball down the line which Murray is on to and sweeps into the box before Quitongo reacts. Not sure McGeever and Brennan can do an awful lot about it after that. If the ball wasn't stopped at source it's difficult to defend.

3rd - It's pretty comical. Another long ball from the back not dealt with though this one isn't quite as aimless. It's a superb touch from Oliver to play in Dobbie but McGeever could have been in a better position. Neil's attempts to prevent Dobbie getting space for a shot though are laughable and the shot actually isn't all that great but somehow goes through Brennan.

4th - Pretty criminal too. High ball forward. Neil's header isn't good enough. Quitongo's attempted overhead isn't either and Pybus is much quicker than Hutton in reacting to it. McMillan could have done much better in his attempted challenge on Connor Murray too and in letting him turn too easily to curl the shot in but it's a great finish. Don't think Brennan had any chance with it.

Brennan was a wee bit unfortunate on the 1st and frankly awful on the 3rd but he's not your biggest problem either. The centre backs didn't deal with anything very well and Quitongo had a contribution in three of them too.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

I’m sure some people may know, but for those who don’t there is a new Fantasy football Scotland app, I will leave the link to the app on Apple devices below, on Android just type in Fantasy football Scotland and it should pop up

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/fantasy-football-scotland/id1469063365

I have created a league for all Pie and Bovril users if anyone wants to join, we already have around 30 people in the league just from the initial thread so hopefully we can get more, the code to join the league is

PRANJXBW

Hopefully we can get a good amount of people in :)

1st off who ever deals with our stewards wants the sack.  Laughable pulling up to the ground and being asked if I’m here for the football. The car park pliée mario kart with all the cones. Then tonight’s pregame antics with closing off the yellow section beside the tunnel “to be a buffer between the fans” then to use it and watch them like bumbling idiots trying to organise it. Makes us look very amateurish.

On to the game, two defensive errors again, although linesman f@%ked it putting the flag up then down.

Didnt think we were terrible. Think Quitongo has something about him, PJs good, although long high balls are wasted on him.

light up front and light at centre back hopefully something can happen in the next week or so.

1st off who ever deals with our stewards wants the sack.  Laughable pulling up to the ground and being asked if I’m here for the football. The car park pliée mario kart with all the cones. Then tonight’s pregame antics with closing off the yellow section beside the tunnel “to be a buffer between the fans” then to use it and watch them like bumbling idiots trying to organise it. Makes us look very amateurish.
On to the game, two defensive errors again, although linesman f@%ked it putting the flag up then down.
Didnt think we were terrible. Think Quitongo has something about him, PJs good, although long high balls are wasted on him.
light up front and light at centre back hopefully something can happen in the next week or so.

And that thank you message near the end, [emoji85]

No hot food, Coca Cola, at half time [emoji85]

No charge for the car park [emoji85]

No 50/50 [emoji85]

Maybe we’re not skint [emoji849]

I wasn't there, but was that section not left empty for the potential overspill of Motherwell fans which I'm assuming then had to be used?

https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=4100

I wasn't there, but was that section not left empty for the potential overspill of Motherwell fans which I'm assuming then had to be used?

https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=4100
It was, but they had the only access to those seats blocked off by tape and the Motherwell fans were having to climb over the seats to get to the back 10 or so rows as there is a metal railing blocking the other side.

At least it wasn't the cricket score some of us feared.
Only 218 home fans in attendance  :eek:
To be fair, it was a glorious night last night, and I hope for your sake, many of your own fans, like me, maybe had a couple of shandies during the day, then couldn't be arsed moving at night!

At least it wasn't the cricket score some of us feared.
Only 218 home fans in attendance  :eek:
I dont think we should read too much into the fact there was only 218 home fans. Granted it's a poor figure, but look at it in perspective. It was against a premiership team we were all expecting to get horsed off. We were already out of the competition so it was a dead rubber. The previous 3 matches hadn't exactly set the pulses rating so asking people to come out and watch what was effectively a friendly was always going to be a struggle. It will be more relevant when we see the gates for the 1st couple of league games. Granted if we dont get our finger out it could indeed be disappointing figures.