Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Raith.JPG.455270a81285ab1357d591f6635ce3e5.JPG

6 -1 to Morton 🤣 you would be better off with guys from the railways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How on earth did you beat Annan on Saturday with that absolute rabble?

I wouldn’t expect you to play that bad throughout the season but it would only take one or two similar bleachings in the league for the morale in that side to just fall off a cliff. The most concerning thing IMO would be that all of your defensive players were culpable for totally ridiculous errors in that game rather than having just one totally out of their depth jobber. That’s a much tougher issue to deal with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn’t the best performance but can only look forward now. Its in the past.
Cant change it. Lets get behind the lads for the next game at the Rock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, C'mon_the_Sons said:

Maybe we should start a defender debate. Who's worse Neill or McGeever?! 😢

Judging by what I saw of McGeever on Saturday, it's him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frank conner said:

6 -1 to Morton 🤣 you would be better off with guys from the railways.

We got beaten 7-0 by St Mirren in the 2008-9 League Cup and then won our division by the next May.

 

(Clutches at straw.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was terrible.

Langan was a ghost, big Neill was shocking and Brennan was all over the place. So many goals caused by mistakes in one game.

Here's hoping that some team consistency and game time will improve things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sonsanorak said:

That was terrible.

Langan was a ghost, big Neill was shocking and Brennan was all over the place. So many goals caused by mistakes in one game.

Here's hoping that some team consistency and game time will improve things.

How did we look when McMillan came on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That was terrible.

Langan was a ghost, big Neill was shocking and Brennan was all over the place. So many goals caused by mistakes in one game.

Here's hoping that some team consistency and game time will improve things.


That’s what concerns me. The back four were horrific and it was literally like watching amateur/schoolboy defending (and in actual fact, that’s a bit harsh on that level). I mean Langan and Neil just looked as if they’d never seen a football before, howler after howler.

Hopefully we can eradicate those howlers and quickly, and I know lots of folk are wary of Duffy already but it doesn’t matter if it’s Pique and Ramos at the back, he can’t legislate for such utter individual calamities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to say I'm shocked but when you build a team of rejects, junior/lowland league players and guys with little to no SPFL experience tonight's result is to be expected.

Can you imagine what will happen to us at The Falkirk Stadium this season? Falkirk FC will probably end up on the register because it's going to be a forceful bumming.

Duffy had had an absolute shambles of a summer. Tonight will hopefully be a bit of a wake up call for him, but I fear he'll dribble out his usual post match uninterested pish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

That’s a sore one. If it makes you feel better, it’s not quite 8-1 at the hands of Montrose.

It is equivalent to a 6-1 League cup defeat to Ayr though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I'd love to say I'm shocked but when you build a team of rejects, junior/lowland league players and guys with little to no SPFL experience tonight's result is to be expected.

Can you imagine what will happen to us at The Falkirk Stadium this season? Falkirk FC will probably end up on the register because it's going to be a forceful bumming.

Duffy had had an absolute shambles of a summer. Tonight will hopefully be a bit of a wake up call for him, but I fear he'll dribble out his usual post match uninterested pish.

Excuse me. We are better than Falkirk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, David W said:

It is equivalent to a 6-1 League cup defeat to Ayr though.

Ah yes, a David Sinclair midfield masterclass IIRC. John Neill’s free-kick was a cracker mind you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need to give Morton some credit, they hounded us and pressed everything meaning we had virtually no time to lift our heads and play a composed pass. At least 2 of the goals came directly from Morton putting pressure on and us making a mistake.

At the back, Morton had it easy with Brian McLean and Peter Grant strolling through the game against a physically much smaller Tierney.

We lined up a 4-4-1-1 I think with McLuskey supporting Tierney, then changed to a 4-1-4-1 with McMillan doing the holding midfield role when he came on.

That was terrible.

Langan was a ghost, big Neill was shocking and Brennan was all over the place. So many goals caused by mistakes in one game.

Here's hoping that some team consistency and game time will improve things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those who thought we have the worst kit in the world. It is now officially the 2nd worst behind this Huddersfield effort!Screenshot_20190717-094726_Twitter.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

For those who thought we have the worst kit in the world. It is now officially the 2nd worst behind this Huddersfield effort!Screenshot_20190717-094726_Twitter.jpeg

3rd worst.  Stevanage - 

image.png.c81e12634a815f0980d5d2115d9f708b.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

For those who thought we have the worst kit in the world. It is now officially the 2nd worst behind this Huddersfield efScreenshot_20190717-094726_Twitter.jpegfort!

That is just atrocious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...