Sons' sorrow

20 minutes ago, Jumbo Muir said:

The whole set up at the club just now reeks of us going down the pan. Those strips and the way they were unveiled beggars belief.

Didn’t it cross one person’s mind to suggest that instead of the usual two mannequins, we could arrange for one of the players to model the kits.

Then you go online to see what cheeky price they are asking, to be confronted with clearance kits from last season.

It’s just a small thing but add it to all the other small things in the last few months ........

And only useful if you're 12 (or know any 12 year olds)

This thread is absolute peak Clyde gold, a wonderfully nostalgic trip back to our 2011/2012 season. I genuinely fear for you.
f**k, you know its bad when you're being compared to Clyde... Good luck

Absolutely barking kit. I knew we weren't going to get a bespoke effort but a little bit of imagination. I don't think one fan would have suggested stripes. Who actually picks this? Why not engage fans and at least have a fan vote? 

I seem to be in a minority here but I don't think they're that bad. Both are better than last year's home monstrosity and the away strip that no-one would identify as being a Dumbarton strip, however cheap the product may be. What is honking is the quality of that photograph - surely it wouldn't have been too difficult to put the mannequins at the the same distance from the wall and taken the photo at 90 degrees to the wall?? Check the slope on the grout lines on the wall. Amateur hour stuff. Still not as bad as Dundee Utd unveiling a new player a couple of years ago with a photograph of the guy in a broom cupboard.

8 minutes ago, RockMusic said:

I seem to be in a minority here but I don't think they're that bad. Both are better than last year's home monstrosity and the away strip that no-one would identify as being a Dumbarton strip, however cheap the product may be. What is honking is the quality of that photograph - surely it wouldn't have been too difficult to put the mannequins at the the same distance from the wall and taken the photo at 90 degrees to the wall?? Check the slope on the grout lines on the wall. Amateur hour stuff. Still not as bad as Dundee Utd unveiling a new player a couple of years ago with a photograph of the guy in a broom cupboard.

...and the flash is more intense at the top of the chest making the gold a different intensity from the arms and lower sides.

9 minutes ago, RockMusic said:

I seem to be in a minority here but I don't think they're that bad. 

The design is inoffensive. It just looks ultra cheap. The sort of thing you'd expect for a pub team. We all knew we'd get template but didn't expect bargain bin.  Think it was Jan who put up this one earlier from the Joma range and id expected this.  Stranraer have actually gone for it and looks quite smart. 

20181112111504.101284.109.jpg

Just now, PWL said:

The design is inoffensive. It just looks ultra cheap. The sort of thing you'd expect for a pub team. We all knew we'd get template but didn't expect bargain bin.  Think it was Jan who put up this one earlier from the Joma range and id expected this.  Stranraer have actually gone for it and looks quite smart. 

20181112111504.101284.109.jpg

It's good, but likely to trigger migraines.

We buy off the shelf kit. Designs are limited and we're not exactly flush with cash to pay top money for jerseys. 

And anyway

https://youtu.be/lpuJBtcMMp8
I get people are working hard behind the scenes free of charge and they are to be commended for that, however just about everything you look forward to with blind optomism in pre season has been deflating (signings, new strip, etc).

If we aren't flush with cash please ask the chairman to stop publically setting unrealistic targets (top 4) and the manager making noises about competitive budgets.

20181112111504.101284_109.thumb.jpg.ed2bceca2ad405b9e688148737cbc4cc.jpg

We’ve used that template for our away kit too.