On the subject of kits I made up a fair few concepts a while back, one of them was almost a carbon copy of the snudge’s effort but again it didn’t take long, was just a night when I was bored

IMG_1562764548.501992.thumb.jpg.ec5f0ea3524bebf7e25a84784f9da22c.jpgIMG_1562764573.588310.thumb.jpg.73fc95db4f23680f86159e0d58d90bce.jpgIMG_1562764594.309723.thumb.jpg.c19cbfabb183960e589b53b403b6fb30.jpgIMG_1562764618.518655.thumb.jpg.9107dcbd1c3a1ffda5bbe402e527436b.jpgIMG_1562764646.977567.thumb.jpg.970e9095ce12fa539a4b22f00798bc12.jpgIMG_1562764663.911132.thumb.jpg.c758e89e571f5568b89d0269de9ac8c6.jpgIMG_1562764692.516795.thumb.jpg.744ead004f201400f2e7ac823f09965d.jpg

Number 1 would be the best kit of all time

When we first went with Total Teamwear I was really impressed. Cracking kitdesign and other items like polo shirts and training tops for those of us a bit too aged to swan about in replica shirts. 

All seems to have gone quiet since. I appreciate we're small fry but you see the likes of Cowdenbeath doing new kit launches etc. Surely the club muat make some revenue from it? 

2 hours ago, Lokomotiv Dumbarton said:

On the subject of kits I made up a fair few concepts a while back, one of them was almost a carbon copy of the snudge’s effort but again it didn’t take long, was just a night when I was bored

IMG_1562764594.309723.jpg

Oh yes 😍

#SampdoriaSons

58 minutes ago, the snudge said:

I thought that aswell but the template was there on the ev2 custom design Web page. I've no idea how much these things cost the club or how practical it is. 

No real idea myself either, though I think if the Club presents a design to Joma to produce it is bespoke & costs a bit more to make & sell. Otherwise Joma will give the Club their latest range and prices and the Club chooses from that.

14 minutes ago, PWL said:

When we first went with Total Teamwear I was really impressed. Cracking kitdesign and other items like polo shirts and training tops for those of us a bit too aged to swan about in replica shirts. 

All seems to have gone quiet since. I appreciate we're small fry but you see the likes of Cowdenbeath doing new kit launches etc. Surely the club muat make some revenue from it? 

There's a reason TTL don't stock all that stuff anymore - nobody bought it. I don't have any figures to hand but historically Sons fans don't buy a lot of Sons merchandise, despite the cries for it. That said, there are discussions happening over the summer to see what we can do to make the club merchandise more appealing. A big issue comes from TTL essentially controlling stock, you may remember some folk complaining they had to wait weeks for a training top or a shirt, that's down to TTL holding very limited stock (because we don't buy a lot) and then ordering as the orders come in. TTL also charge you an arm and a leg for delivery, which I think puts some people off too. I don't know enough about it whether we made more money using TTL or doing it all ourselves, but it will be looked at. We're open to ideas for merchandise too, so if anyone has any then sling them my way (or to the trust).

I was told last week the kits would be launched soon, I had assumed before our first group game but I'm not sure what the current status is. I agree with you and others that it should've been launched before now. Even though we don't sell much, getting it on sale during the summer could bring in a few quid that tides us over.

Cheers Moonster.  Good to hear. 

if the main trialist signs:

if carswell is going to play as central back, crawford as RB, but he is CB, so we need another full right back who goes forward

zata and mckee as midfields and quitongo as LB....

----------brennan/petti---------

??????---------carswell---mcmillan----quitongo

crawford---------neill-------??????-----??

-----------hutton-----------mckee-----------

-----------????--------------zata----

mccluskey--------scullion----------------???

???------------------layne-----------------????

----------------loy----------tierney-----------

but I dont think 22 players, as most 20.... so 2 more defenders and 2 wingersssss. what do you think?

Edited by McGarci

if the main trialist signs:
 if carswell is going to play as central back, crawford as RB, but he is CB, so we need another full right back who goes forward
zata and mckee as midfields and quitongo as LB....
----------brennan/petti---------
??????---------carswell---mcmillan----quitongo
crawford---------neill-------??????-----??
-----------hutton-----------mckee-----------
-----------????--------------zata----
mccluskey--------scullion----------------???
???------------------layne-----------------????
----------------loy----------tierney-----------

but I dont think 22 players, as most 20.... so 2 more defenders and 2 wingersssss. what do you think?
Crawford is a natural right back who can cover at centre back, despite what was announced on the website.

I was actually looking about online to see if I could get a hold of Dumbarton Jersey. I assume from these posts this season isn't released.

When is it scheduled to come out? Obviously I'm not a fan but like collecting jerseys and memorabilia and don't mind supporting the cause. 

1 hour ago, montreal_exile said:

I was actually looking about online to see if I could get a hold of Dumbarton Jersey. I assume from these posts this season isn't released.

When is it scheduled to come out? Obviously I'm not a fan but like collecting jerseys and memorabilia and don't mind supporting the cause. 

I'll put you down for 300

So at least five signings to be announced today or tomorrow.

My guess would be Zata, Quitongo, PJ Crossan, Boris and Langan and it will be the most underwhelming quintuple signing announcement in the history of association football.

Duffy to play PJ Crossan out wide for the entire season as we fail to attract any further wingers and just stockpile jobber centre mids and shunt them around when required.

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

So at least five signings to be announced today or tomorrow.

My guess would be Zata, Quitongo, PJ Crossan, Boris and Langan and it will be the most underwhelming quintuple signing announcement in the history of association football.

Duffy to play PJ Crossan out wide for the entire season as we fail to attract any further wingers and just stockpile jobber centre mids and shunt them around when required.

Quitongo and Crossan wouldn't be all that bad tbh. Can't comment on Zara as I've not seen him play but comes across a side very meh to anyone who has. Boris would be a reasonable squad player but if he signs it's a mark of where our expectations should be at this season.

Im hopeful we'll see a couple of quality loanees come in at the end of August.

I wouldn't sign Boris, he's pretty hopeless and all he's good for is winning headers, and tbh the fact he's been brought back into the fold shows just how desperate Duffy is, so this pish about "waiting to get the right players in" is exactly that, pish.

I'm entirely unimpressed with Jim's approach to this window and he needs to do a lot to win me over now.

34 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I wouldn't sign Boris, he's pretty hopeless and all he's good for is winning headers

Glad I'm not the only one in that boat. There's no doubt he's all effort and enthusiasm...But that's about it. I'd be majorly concerned if we brought him back - even as a squad player tbqh.

Can't really get my head around why there seems to be a couple of sections of our support who love the guy. He had a smashing game as a trialist, and made a difference as a sub against Airdrie in April. That's really it.