Pettigrew never had an issue second half, plenty possession second half, Pitt we lost a goal early doors, set the tempo, and we have to remember Hamilton are two leagues above us. Tierney seemed reasonably useful, mccluskey was decent, I wouldn’t be adverse to a few signing. Definitely a training match, but we weren’t that bad. Hopefully a couple of decent loanees can come in though, with some quality.

28 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Definitely a training match, but we weren’t that bad.

I don't remember a shot at goal, certainly not one troubling the target. I get it's preseason and I wasn't expecting a classic but other than one or two nice wee touches it was as bad as any match I've watched. I was hoping to be encouraged after peoples comments on Saturday but we're a long way off where we need to be.

22 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

We were effectively playing Hamilton Colts tonight.

Indeed. Apart from our trialist keeper, Fjortoft at the back and Oggy up front, the rest were our youth players.

Best of luck to Dumbarton for the season ahead. A club I have an awful lot of time for.

All the best.

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

Didn’t the Stenny fans think Neill was quite solid?

Tonight he looked like a Poundland Ben Gordon - we must hope he forms a partnership with McMillan.  As for the rest of the team, well on tonight's evidence  keep your expectations low.  If there is no one else on the horizon we'll need some inspired loans, that's for sure.

Really like Dumbarton and wish you all the best but after watching that tonight, I really think you will struggle this season.

I can only remember our keeper making one save and that was from a deflection off our own defender.

Either you'll struggle or our youngsters are going to be very good.

Was Brian McLean any good last season? We’ve got him on trial but I seem to recall him getting a bit of a slating on here after his performances for Dumbarton, unless if I’m confusing him with someone else. 

Was Brian McLean any good last season? We’ve got him on trial but I seem to recall him getting a bit of a slating on here after his performances for Dumbarton, unless if I’m confusing him with someone else. 
He was fine without being outstanding...that said we definitely tightened up at the back when he came in

Let’s have some wild kit speculation to take our minds off the impending disaster. I can’t make my mind up if Verona’s third kit is too much like a rugby top or not. It still might be nice in our colours just as something a bit different though.

2445DF80-A032-4607-B62C-3F6DB8ED3B83.jpeg

I didn't get too carried away with Saturday's win, so I won't get too carried away with that defeat. First 25 minutes or so Hamilton were miles in front. They buzzed the ball about brilliantly and looked very quick and sharp. Combine that with some comical DFC defending and it's no surprise the game was over by half-time.

We badly need an experienced CB to partner Neill or just replace him altogether. He was all over the shop tonight. Maybe McMillan will be that man, but I'm not sure...He is very vocal though, there's no doubting that.

I'd be fine going into the season with Crawford and Quitongo as our starting full-backs, but again it would be nice to have someone else able to play there given it's the guys first seasons of senior football. Finding the right balance in midfield looks like it might be a struggle again. Assuming Zata has signed, I wouldn't be shocked to see him and Hutton together with Carsy at centre-half. Certainly not for the start of the season anyway. I don't think there's any doubt that we should be pushing the boat out a wee bit for McKee because he clearly makes us a better team, despite being a bit slacker last night than on Saturday.

Further forward I'm really positive about McCluskey. I had feared a few seasons in Juniors might've taken the edge off his game a wee bit, but he's looked just like the player I remember from Morton: Hardworking, direct, exciting...And with a pretty random end product. You can't help but admire the amount of work he does, he literally doesn't stop running. I was worried about Tierney after the first 20 minutes, but slowly he grow into the half. He's a skilful wee guy and relatively strong when he's got his back to goal, but he badly needed support and I'm not really sure who we have in the squad to provide that. If we're only bringing in one striker it's going to have to be a good one - but at the moment I can't see us scoring many.

Anyway, I stayed up until after midnight to write the match report for you guys, so you'll damn well go on and read it.

Let’s have some wild kit speculation to take our minds off the impending disaster. I can’t make my mind up if Verona’s third kit is too much like a rugby top or not. It still might be nice in our colours just as something a bit different though.

2445DF80-A032-4607-B62C-3F6DB8ED3B83.thumb.jpeg.5917b26564c2cc2a0e8330c8f39e14db.jpeg

I'm surprised we haven't heard a thing about the kit tbh, not even a hint about a new kit coming soon or an update to say we'll be sticking with last years.

Sometimes we don't help ourselves IMHO. Kits might not matter to a lot of fans, I don't really tend to buy them personally unless it's something I really like, but plenty of folk out there are always desperate to buy one. During a close season where we are always pleading for folk to purchase season tickets to allow for a bigger budget it seems daft we always wait til the arse end of the summer to announce a kit. This year in particular it's extremely late.

I don't imagine replica kits are a massive earner for the club but every penny counts. You could even offer a season ticket and kit deal or something. I understand it's also work someone has to take on voluntarily in terms of organising it but I'm sure there would be plenty of volunteers willing to step in and help with the design and ordering of a kit. Hell, I'd even get involved in something like that, and you can bet your baws we'd have a bumper if I did.

Excuse the pish badge but you get the drift. This is one I put together in 5 minutes. Probably would cost the club too much but I'd buy it. 

_20190710_102406.JPG

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I'm surprised we haven't heard a thing about the kit tbh, not even a hint about a new kit coming soon or an update to say we'll be sticking with last years.

Sometimes we don't help ourselves IMHO. Kits might not matter to a lot of fans, I don't really tend to buy them personally unless it's something I really like, but plenty of folk out there are always desperate to buy one. During a close season where we are always pleading for folk to purchase season tickets to allow for a bigger budget it seems daft we always wait til the arse end of the summer to announce a kit. This year in particular it's extremely late.

I don't imagine replica kits are a massive earner for the club but every penny counts. You could even offer a season ticket and kit deal or something. I understand it's also work someone has to take on voluntarily in terms of organising it but I'm sure there would be plenty of volunteers willing to step in and help with the design and ordering of a kit. Hell, I'd even get involved in something like that, and you can bet your baws we'd have a bumper if I did.

Personally I tend to get the kit these days when it’s not honking (see last year’s efforts) and view it as a way of kicking some extra money (however little) into the club as I mainly go to away games. If nothing else I need a steady rotation of tops to play 5s in.

2 hours ago, the snudge said:

Excuse the pish badge but you get the drift. This is one I put together in 5 minutes. Probably would cost the club too much but I'd buy it. 

_20190710_102406.JPG

The stuff dreams are made of 😍

Adidas might have their copyright people onto us though

3 hours ago, the snudge said:

_20190710_102406.JPG

Awesome.If  only it were likely.....Whatever we get i wouldd be happy to see the back of those horrid orange lines.

It's mental how half an hour on a computer and fitba fans can come up with kit designs that are infinitely better than anything the club/kit manufacturers have produced. 

16 hours ago, Frank Quitely said:

Tonight he looked like a Poundland Ben Gordon - we must hope he forms a partnership with McMillan.  As for the rest of the team, well on tonight's evidence  keep your expectations low.  If there is no one else on the horizon we'll need some inspired loans, that's for sure.

First half of the season he was decent but injured his foot and was a bit of a bombscare when he came back. He will win headers all day but not too clever on the ground.

2 hours ago, Silverton End said:

The stuff dreams are made of 😍

Adidas might have their copyright people onto us though

I thought that aswell but the template was there on the ev2 custom design Web page. I've no idea how much these things cost the club or how practical it is.