Sons' sorrow

On 02/07/2019 at 09:41, Silverton End said:

The way it's looking will we have enough players for this Saturday v Dundee United 🤔

Two games in a row being cancelled would be the ultimate in minterism.

Biggest minter since we were unable to pack the correct strip away to Stenhousemuir.

#MintersAreUs

#LostRevenueMinters

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
7 minutes ago, sons superhero said:
Missed the first half hour. All the talk is rangers/celtic. Did I miss anything?

Duffy confirmed the game on Tuesday was cancelled due to having no players. When asked if he had any deals in the pipeline he said no.

Did the presenter challenge him on that? I've been patient but to say there is nothing in the pipeline is fucking awful. 

14 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Eh???? What the fk are you guys going to do in the cup? You can’t play trialists?

Duffy said in the local paper he didn't believe in fielding a load of trialists in a friendly to make up the numbers, Dunfermline might have brought a few fans last night, 150-200? & this Saturday Dundee United will maybe travel with a crowd, with it being a weekend. Money, however small we can ill afford to lose tbh.

18 minutes ago, sons superhero said:

Did the presenter challenge him on that? I've been patient but to say there is nothing in the pipeline is fucking awful. 

RangersCelticRangersCelticRangersCelticRangersCelticRangersCelticDiddyTeamRangersCelticRangersCelticRangersCelticRangersCeltic

^Scoreboard output ^

I didn't think Duffy could do any worse on SSB than when he said his Clyde team couldn't make the promotion play-offs while about six points off fourth place in January one season, but if what's being said is accurate then that is genuinely astounding. He could at least be honest about the current state of affairs, which I'm assuming is that there's hardly any budget available to him and he's waiting for players without a club later in pre-season.

5 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Does anyone have a link to the interview? I cannot believe he has said what is being quoted! That’s incredible

Never heard him on the radio but I posted the newspaper clip, a page or two back on this thread.

4 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

I didn't think Duffy could do any worse on SSB than when he said his Clyde team couldn't make the promotion play-offs while about six points off fourth place in January one season, but if what's being said is accurate then that is genuinely astounding. He could at least be honest about the current state of affairs, which I'm assuming is that there's hardly any budget available to him and he's waiting for players without a club later in pre-season.

You know what they say about those who assume...

Anyway, I got the opportunity to be miserable about DFC on a podcast again today, so if you want my "good voice for radio" (Uni feedback from first year) piped into your ears for a few minutes, then fire in.

I suspect both Duffy and the club regret that he's stayed on as manager. It may well have been better for both if we'd thanked him for his efforts in keeping us up and wished him on his merry way.

He needs to show that he's committed to Dumbarton and start making things happen or walk away and let the board try to bring somebody in who'll at least build a team for us to watch. Right now I'd accept us signing the entire exit trial list if it meant we actually had a team to start the season with. If Duffy isnt 100% committed and is phoning it in then at least be honest with us and let the club try to move forward. 

My boss is an assistant at a Div 2 junior side and even they have better plans for recruitment right now.

Edited by BallochSonsFan

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Jim Duffy has an adequate budget available to him to build a League 1 squad.

Really?! Everything he's said and done in the last couple of months reeks of a man working his ticket and just continuing in the job because there's no better opportunity available to him. That just makes it even more bizarre that you've shed so many of your better players from last season and brought in junior/Lowland jobbers. I do not understand the man, not one bit. 

53 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Local boy Ryan Conroy left Airdrie tonight amid interest from other teams... 

That's the Airdrie scapegoat door now wide open,  who is going to walk in now...

Good Luck to Conroy former Airdrie captain, Players Player of the Year and Top goalscorer wherever he ends up.