Sons' sorrow

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

There's apparently a bounce game arranged for Friday night. I would hazard a guess that Duffy has asked along folk for a trial and will make a decision after Friday.

The worrying thing for me is that he's having to look at these players before signing them - that suggests to me they don't have much league experience or Duffy hasn't seen much of them.  Duffy knows these leagues extremely well, knows the players who have been playing in it and what they can do. If it was just one or two guys left to fill out the squad I'd be fine with that, but we're still in need of a full defence, at least 2 or 3 midfielders and at least another striker (IMO). If we're taking risks on guys off the back of a preseason bounce game to complete the starting 11 then you can consider me worried. I sincerely hope he has some loan deals up his sleeve.

Yes. Duffy surely has plenty of contacts at higher League clubs, we need some quality loans in as you say, the only problem is Championship football would appeal more than League 1 to both a young prospect and his parent club. It's a really hard sell for Jim & DFC.

Fingers crossed

12 minutes ago, sarti pooh said:

Does anyone know if the Oyster Catchers nesting at the ground are going to be a problem? 

I imagine there's some protection for nesting birds.

They'd certainly catch more than Grant Adam did last season.

I'll get my coat...

12 minutes ago, sarti pooh said:

Does anyone know if the Oyster Catchers nesting at the ground are going to be a problem? 

Unless they're nesting on the pitch I'm not sure it will cause us too much issues.  

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

There's apparently a bounce game arranged for Friday night. I would hazard a guess that Duffy has asked along folk for a trial and will make a decision after Friday.

#FranticFriday 

1 hour ago, Silverton End said:

Fingers crossed

#FingersCrossedFranticFriday

38 minutes ago, sarti pooh said:

How much noise do they make?

32 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Unless they're nesting on the pitch I'm not sure it will cause us too much issues.  

Hopefully you're right chief. I just know that there's big fines for disturbing wild nesting birds and by the sounds of it that's something we'd be too skint to be dealing with 😂

More to the point, does anyone know if they are louder than a drum?

Could end up with people returning their season tickets with all this noise!

5 hours ago, sarti pooh said:

I was going to say, will the chicks not have hatched and fledged before the season starts? But then I remembered the preseason games ........

The problem we have here is that the more duds we sign, the harder it will be to convince any decent player in.

Imagine you consider yourself a top end league 1 player and Duffy approches you with a view to signing you up. You'd take one look at the current squad and say "No Thanks!"

If Duffy had any intentions of signing some decent players for this season then he should have got them signed up before anyone else. The squad looks utter shite and no decent player will want to join this relegation express full of squad filler players.

(If indeed they are squad fillers!)

We really need at least 3 decent signings before the end of the week IMO.

Edited by super-son