Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, montreal_exile said:

Cheers guys for the responses. 

I'll be honest with the whole thing. I've seen Dumbarton a few times as a kid (my Dad is from Dumbarton). My first ever football match was East Stirlingshire vs Dumberton which I can remember hee haw of. 

I live over in Montreal now and absolutely hate the MLS and the English league. I'm totally disillusioned with football and would rather pick a few Scottish clubs to keep an eye on through the next season and watch the highlights of and hopefully interact online with the fanbase on forums etc. I wanted to pick a team in each division and basically picked Dumberton due to my old man and myself once having an epic Dumbarton team on Championship manager. I also love the badge and the stadium due to the rock.

So I'm about a plastic as a fan as it gets. But I'd rather buy a scarf and a jersey of a team in Scotland to keep money in the Scottish game than put a penny into MLS which is what I'm stuck with here.

Obviously I'm opening myself up here for a right slagging but my intentions are good enough. I've always loved the Scottish game and the pish that goes around it. Fanzines, boozers and the buses etc. 
If anyone had any advice on brushing up on all things Dumbarton please let us know. On the look out for fanzines, forums, podcasts (dunno if there is one) or any other fan related stuff regards the club.  

You won't be a fan of the CPL either :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, montreal_exile said:

Cheers guys for the responses. 

I'll be honest with the whole thing. I've seen Dumbarton a few times as a kid (my Dad is from Dumbarton). My first ever football match was East Stirlingshire vs Dumberton which I can remember hee haw of. 

I live over in Montreal now and absolutely hate the MLS and the English league. I'm totally disillusioned with football and would rather pick a few Scottish clubs to keep an eye on through the next season and watch the highlights of and hopefully interact online with the fanbase on forums etc. I wanted to pick a team in each division and basically picked Dumberton due to my old man and myself once having an epic Dumbarton team on Championship manager. I also love the badge and the stadium due to the rock.

So I'm about a plastic as a fan as it gets. But I'd rather buy a scarf and a jersey of a team in Scotland to keep money in the Scottish game than put a penny into MLS which is what I'm stuck with here.

Obviously I'm opening myself up here for a right slagging but my intentions are good enough. I've always loved the Scottish game and the pish that goes around it. Fanzines, boozers and the buses etc. 
If anyone had any advice on brushing up on all things Dumbarton please let us know. On the look out for fanzines, forums, podcasts (dunno if there is one) or any other fan related stuff regards the club.  

Welcome. I hope you like misery and self deprecation, because we fucking love it in here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zen Archer said:

You won't be a fan of the CPL either :lol:

Jesus wept man. Absolute weapons the lot of them.

Thanks for the sons archive website. Looks good. Any other fan media out there?

Just so I don't look two face (or 3 faced as it would be). I'm doing the same for a club in the championship and in league two.  So If you see me looking around for Stirling Albion highlights you'll know my story. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, montreal_exile said:

Jesus wept man. Absolute weapons the lot of them.

Thanks for the sons archive website. Looks good. Any other fan media out there?

Just so I don't look two face (or 3 faced as it would be). I'm doing the same for a club in the championship and in league two.  So If you see me looking around for Stirling Albion highlights you'll know my story. 

The usual twitter, facebook (lunatic fringe and social misfits) the DFC official website & obviously here.

Enjoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Silverton End said:

Wish macron were doing our strips, imagine this chestband in black&gold :wub:

image.thumb.png.b30dd26a43d43603779abc2620be5129.png.a5716ebeb2bb49de19cb8f080b12ebb8.pngimage.thumb.png.990c4659ceefba503fc39212ca5e8a94.png.c1f10538c811083016b27540212fc5da.png

Not an entirely new concept for Motherwell. This was worn by the "Ancell Babes"

well.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Welcome. I hope you like misery and self deprecation, because we fucking love it in here.

If he's a Habs fan then it'll come naturally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The usual twitter, facebook (lunatic fringe and social misfits) the DFC official website & obviously here.
Enjoy

Don’t dis the “sons of the rock” Facebook page

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont think many fans will be queuing up to sponsor shirts this season at 100 quid a pop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always view my shirt sponsorship as a donation to club and nothing else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

A lovely hard shagging for the relegation express on the opening day of the season. Raith at home.
 

Then Falkirk away & Peterhead away the following 2 Saturdays.   :eek:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

A lovely hard shagging for the relegation express on the opening day of the season. Raith at home.
 

I don't know, Raith will be a tough game even at home. Think it'll be a narrow win 3-2 - Carswell, Layne and Tierney with 1 a-piece.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

Not an entirely new concept for Motherwell. This was worn by the "Ancell Babes"

well.jpg

Glorious shirt. I'd love that as a dumbarton shirt in gold and black. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beany has joined Pollok. Probably a good move for him at this stage of his career, hope he gets back to banging them in regularly. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...