Sons' sorrow

6 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

tenor.gif

Our esteemed former kit man has suggested that we need someone like Alan Jardine back at the club. I don't doubt Alan did what he thought was best for the club in his role as Chairman, and we've had worse Chairmen than him, but if that's what our fan base want to head back towards then you can count me out.

14 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Our esteemed former kit man has suggested that we need someone like Alan Jardine back at the club. I don't doubt Alan did what he thought was best for the club in his role as Chairman, and we've had worse Chairmen than him, but if that's what our fan base want to head back towards then you can count me out.

Very confusing. I'll just switch the FB page back to mute.

3 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Just whilst you're here, I'll chuck in a wee bit about Stirling and BerbaThom.

I said a wee while ago that Andy Stirling is the perfect winger for a part-time team in the Championship. You can't fault his attitude on the pitch, he'll cover a ridiculous distance, defensively he's solid and going forward he's capable of moments of magic. If there was one criticism it's that he doesn't have anywhere near as good a goals/assists return as he should. I think in the season where he was flying with us he only scored three times. He loves running at players, but his final ball in was either too weak or too powerful about 70% of the time. Especially when he took corners - which drove me mad!

He's a very good player though, a guy who can be really exciting to watch and will win a couple of matches a season with his quality. He seemed a good lad too, so I hope he does well.

Defensively he's what?  😲

He left that in Dumbarton then. Andy Stirling can be an exciting, if terribly inconsistent, winger but he's just about the worst defender I've ever seen from a wing position. He doesn't track runners, he is constantly out of position and he offers pretty much no help to his full back at all when his team doesn't have the ball.

13 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Defensively he's what?  😲

He left that in Dumbarton then. Andy Stirling can be an exciting, if terribly inconsistent, winger but he's just about the worst defender I've ever seen from a wing position. He doesn't track runners, he is constantly out of position and he offers pretty much no help to his full back at all when his team doesn't have the ball.

To be fair, if anyone could get the most defensively out of an exciting winger it would be Stevie Aitken 😆

I see he's not even had the courage to leave the thread up.
Unless [mention=21014]optimistic[/mention] has adminned it.

Nah, not touched it. To be fair to colm, despite him appearing to not being on good terms with members of the board, for whatever reasons, we as a team were well turned out, including insights into the running of a kit man, and he seemed to have a really good camaraderie with the players,

Delighted to see Carswell sign up, now we definitely need either Murray/carcary style wingers, in ability and quality, or a Dom Thomas type in behind the striker.

Can we expect more players sign this week?

Has Hutton had his operation?

Club very quiet

2 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Nah, not touched it. To be fair to colm, despite him appearing to not being on good terms with members of the board, for whatever reasons, we as a team were well turned out, including insights into the running of a kit man, and he seemed to have a really good camaraderie with the players,

Let’s not forget his excellent swan song where we had to wear Stenny’s old away kit.

Let’s not forget his excellent swan song where we had to wear Stenny’s old away kit.

Was that his fault though, or was he told what kit to take? Were stenny not dicks in refusing to let us wear red that day? I’m not sticking up for him though, just can’t remember the facts.

11 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Was that his fault though, or was he told what kit to take? Were stenny not dicks in refusing to let us wear red that day? I’m not sticking up for him though, just can’t remember the facts.

I believe he mentioned something along the lines of us wearing red last time we played them - which we didn't. We wore the home kit.

It seemed an awful coincidence that, that happened for the very first time in his last game, at a similar time when he was rambling online about overthrowing the board.