What is that and who is Brendan?

I have no idea what that first paragraph is referring to.

Didn’t our groundsman allude to not being able to buy/rent equipment to help drainage of the park earlier in the season but the club refused.
I know he posts on here and might be able to enlighten us.
By the sounds of it, there are a pack of wolves at the door that the club is struggling to keep away. No easy answer.

Agreed. He doesn’t know what the ‘going rate’ for a decent part time player imo. Only way I’m happy keeping up this record of budget signings is if we announce a strong 11 including boab Thomson and a few other Morton rejects.
I think Robert Thomson is signing for Alloa.

Another thing...

Where is the social media mouthpiece who was all over the place when we where questioning what was going on with Duffy and the lack of information we were getting from the club.

Wonder what his spin would be on us signing a registered sex offender ??

10 games for Stirling Albion last season, should be raring to go.
In ye come Jase

Marr was a great player but is far to injury prone now of days

By the sounds of it, there are a pack of wolves at the door that the club is struggling to keep away. No easy answer.

That makes it sound like the club is unable to pay bills we owe or something. One daft message, that was posted on here with absolutely zero context, doesn't mean we have "a pack of wolves at the door". If the budget is as low as folk are making out then it sounds like we are cutting our cloth accordingly. I've certainly not seen any evidence of people chasing us for money.

I'm still waiting on optimistic telling us what it is or what it is in reference to. If it is in response the groundsman asking for money to do stuff to the pitch, or something along those lines, it's an absolute non event. I'd rather that money was put towards a playing budget.

2 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

Michael Paton any good ?

Wait... surely you’re not signing Paton? That would top Isaac Layne.

3 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Wait... surely you’re not signing Paton? That would top Isaac Layne.

A few weeks back a Raith fan mentioned Harry Paton of Ross County as being someone McGlynn spoke favourably of. Might be him.

1 hour ago, lionel wickson said:
2 hours ago, David W said:
Jason Marr and Grant Dickie have both played under Duffy before, in the same team actually, so like McCluskey he knows who they are. Not convinced they'll be up to this level though.

As long as it's not Gary Dickie, although the way things are shaping up, anything's possible.

Will people stop mentioning Gary Dickie and Pat Cairney. You are destroying thirty years of therapy.

Another thing...

Where is the social media mouthpiece who was all over the place when we where questioning what was going on with Duffy and the lack of information we were getting from the club.

Wonder what his spin would be on us signing a registered sex offender ??
For a start that tone is out of order for a guy who works his socks off on behalf of this club, and on a voluntary basis. Targeting the good guys shows how little you know about the situation at DFC.

Secondly, I'd be very careful to check the accuracy of your closing sentence, as that is potentially dangerous territory.

2 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

A few weeks back a Raith fan mentioned Harry Paton of Ross County as being someone McGlynn spoke favourably of. Might be him.

That would make a lot more sense. Michael Paton is completely finished.

For a start that tone is out of order for a guy who works his socks off on behalf of this club, and on a voluntary basis. Targeting the good guys shows how little you know about the situation at DFC.

Secondly, I'd be very careful to check the accuracy of your closing sentence, as that is potentially dangerous territory.
Agree with your first paragraph in its entirety. However, according to the press report following his trial, the Sheriff directed that he be placed on the Register.

Remember when we were all moaning about the lack of signings? Those were the days.

I think Robert Thomson is signing for Alloa.

Don’t spoil it for me. Nah that would be a good fit for both parties.

Didn’t our groundsman allude to not being able to buy/rent equipment to help drainage of the park earlier in the season but the club refused.
I know he posts on here and might be able to enlighten us.

I think you are on the right trail. The groundsman, I think he posts on here as Dumbarton Rock, has previous for breaking confidences at the club. I think he was on a while ago saying he had been told before not disclose issues on social media. As a paid employee of the club he must be on thin ice disclosing an email like that.

Agree with your first paragraph in its entirety. However, according to the press report following his trial, the Sheriff directed that he be placed on the Register.
Thanks for clearing that up, and I have to say I'm a bit deflated it's confirmed.

Agreed. He doesn’t know what the ‘going rate’ for a decent part time player imo. Only way I’m happy keeping up this record of budget signings is if we announce a strong 11 including boab Thomson and a few other Morton rejects.
It can't be hard to find out in football circles what players are on.

If he didn't know last year, he will now.

50 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

That would make a lot more sense. Michael Paton is completely finished.

In for training next week with Raith, Michael not Harry.

Edited by Beastie Russell
To clarify which Paton

53 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Nope it’s Michael ex Dunfie player

If that actually happened we would be the biggest laughing stock in Scottish football.

Well that’s simply incorrect. That has been, and shall always be, 2012 Glasgow Rangers