Sons' sorrow

19 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
7 hours ago, Silverton End said:
I wouldn't say that limitless cash is being thrown around by other clubs.
We need an investor, easier said than done though, a few clubs have  local businessmen involved with a bit of disposable income, just look at the Lowland League, Kelty Hearts even East Stirlingshire are signing players from our level.
Think I'll write to Neil Rankine & beg him to buy out BrabCo emoji14.png

I think you'll find that Neil Rankine is already very well aware of what's happening at DFC.

Yeah, I know.

How much would BrabCo take to bugger off?

Are we skint?

Has Duffy slashed contract offers (hence players leaving)

Will we sign players we’ve heard off

Were players spoken to post season

I’m trying to defend dfc and Duffy, but I think more and more of us are getting more concerned

19 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Are we skint?

I’m trying to defend dfc and Duffy, but I think more and more of us are getting more concerned

1 thing I do know is that 1 of the players we have managed to sign had 2 or 3 other options and chose to sign with us. I'll take that as a positive sign.

36 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Are we skint?

I don't think we are as skint as these signings suggest.  It has been mentioned on here that Duffy felt last years players were over paid.  Is Duffy a bit behind the times and offering diddy wages to players perhaps?  If that is the case then I don't blame players for going elsewhere, I would be doing the same.

If we have a strong 11 but have youngsters/juniors filling the bench then so be it, but we need some good first 11 players in pronto.

Concerning.

13 hours ago, Silverton End said:

I wouldn't say that limitless cash is being thrown around by other clubs.

We need an investor, easier said than done though, a few clubs have  local businessmen involved with a bit of disposable income, just look at the Lowland League, Kelty Hearts even East Stirlingshire are signing players from our level.

Think I'll write to Neil Rankine & beg him to buy out BrabCo :P

Its not even an investor that we need, although investment would be very welcome.

What we need is punters through the turnstiles. We need more people going to games on a Saturday. We need more adults paying full price. Long term we need more families and, in particular, kids to come along because we've got an aging fanbase and sooner or later we're going to lose even more fans unless we can replace them.

Right now the biggest thing that would help the club, short of a fan winning the lottery, would be to get more people through the gates. That puts money directly into the club and helps fund the squad.  If we could add 100 fans this year who would go to more games than they'd miss then it would be a really big deal.

23 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

This thread is pretty grim reading, but maybe Jim D is more conscious of how to spread his budget than Aitken was.

I think this is most likely the situation.

We had a lot of players on bloated salaries last year, which clearly wasn’t sustainable. In any case, I don’t think Duffy would’ve stayed if the budget had been something ridiculously small. I’ll be very surprised if the squad is made up entirely of young, inexperienced guys like we signed on Friday. I reckon we’ll be solid enough and the signings will come.

22 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Its not even an investor that we need, although investment would be very welcome.

What we need is punters through the turnstiles. We need more people going to games on a Saturday. We need more adults paying full price. Long term we need more families and, in particular, kids to come along because we've got an aging fanbase and sooner or later we're going to lose even more fans unless we can replace them.

Right now the biggest thing that would help the club, short of a fan winning the lottery, would be to get more people through the gates. That puts money directly into the club and helps fund the squad.  If we could add 100 fans this year who would go to more games than they'd miss then it would be a really big deal.

Of course getting folk to games is the main issue at the club and always will be.  But if we couldn't get them in when we had a decent team playing against good teams every week in the championship, how are we going to get them in now.

55 minutes ago, Thommo90 said:

Of course getting folk to games is the main issue at the club and always will be.  But if we couldn't get them in when we had a decent team playing against good teams every week in the championship, how are we going to get them in now.

By consistently winning games which is the one thing that's guaranteed to swell crowd sizes. Easier said than done though.

11th club of his career at the age of 24...
I'm all for giving players a chance, but this really looks like a howler of a signing.

Was he not doing well at Stranraer last season?

At least until he started putting his hand up girls skirts at nightclubs.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Was he not doing well at Stranraer last season?

At least until he started putting his hand up girls skirts at nightclubs.

10 appearances, one goal...

I mean I'm trying really, really hard not to go mental here. But we're his eleventh club, he's not really been that good at any of them and he's a sex pest. I'm really not into this at all.