Sons' sorrow

Sam wouldn't have her photograph taken with me on Monday. :bairn I was too broken-hearted to put that in the blog. But isn't Photoshop a wonderful thing?
Check out those ECL trophy lugs. 
Aye says u, Mister I'm not anyone else, I'm a gnome.

Without moaning about the level these players have came from, I hope they are squad filler, no complaints about that as it comes with where we are at the moment.  Hoping to see some experience added soon though.

10 minutes ago, Thommo90 said:

Without moaning about the level these players have came from, I hope they are squad filler, no complaints about that as it comes with where we are at the moment.  Hoping to see some experience added soon though.

I'm gonna moan about them in the hope that after last pre-season's optimism we get the opposite result.

42 minutes ago, super-son said:

Seem to be going for the young and hungry squad approach this season. I welcome the change tbh but don't quote me on that when we are bottom of the league in January.

So far we have got:

Jordan Pettigrew - 19

Conor Scullion - 20

Ryan Tierney -21

Morgynn Neill - 23

Kyle Hutton - 27

Stefan McCluskey - 28

Don't forget Rory Loy!

Duffy absolutely loves signing diddies from those exit trials. Look out for him organising a bounce match against some foreign 8th tier outfit as well. 

It's all just a pretence for an Aitkenesque big name spree coming up.

It is, is isn't it, right. I mean we're not skint and going to have a team of unheard off, inexperienced youth players, are we?

Conor Scullion played for us on loan from Accies in 2016/17 and did nothing of note and featured little. Sometimes it doesn't work out for loan players at a club for whatever reason, and it's a small sample size, but I'm surprised he's got another club at this level. 

Likewise, Ryan Tierney played for us on loan from Accies for half of 2017/18. He scored two goals in the first 15 minutes against Albion Rovers in his debut and looked a bit of a prospect as a result. He didn't score again though and according to Wikipedia and TransferMarkt only featured 4 more times before going back to Accies in January. Again it's a very small sample size but I can't say I expected him to get another club at this level. 

I fully expect you now to sign Nico Sumsky in the next 48 hours to complete the triumvirate of failed Accies loanees at Airdrie.  

4 minutes ago, virginton said:

Ruaridh Langan is another Morton reject who worked under Duffy, so I predict that he will be signing for you as well in the next few days. 

Played as a trialist for our reserves toward end of last season.