how long into the close season and we haven't  had a favourite strip discussion : ')  for some light relief the new AIK away strip borrows alot from the sons. 

aik-away-header.ashx?h=960%26w=1920%26la=en%26hash=67DFCD764CA02DCC1AD7890FEE69B3C92251ACC8&key=f6ca04f02a2155ba27f09b938920c746e76e17a5f2f87b19a67aa5ad17c6e470

aik-away-1.ashx?h=960%26w=1080%26la=en%26hash=8B5BECD7585ECB74EE6E73D94110CB9829CC3794&key=996d0a6eb45d7a63f35f7ee090e9d40f62e65228e6e152a06ecb112246bb25a7

That is simple and smart as f**k.

Only thing, the yellow band should to be gold for us but as a design, that’s lovely.

Edit: see post below too

That’s smart.
If we’re going to move away from the traditional across the chest bands then how about the bands being vertical a la old Hearts and Ajax, with the badge on left breast or in middle of the chest ?
I’m thinking a broad gold band bordered by narrower black bands.
Maybe one of the youngsters on here could conjure that up and post it in here ?

Ideas for a new kit were mentioned a wee while ago and The Far Post confirmed that it was in hand.

11 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Anyone else concerned that the road works in Glasgow Road might affect the squad building. Naw ? Fair enough.

May be we can get new additions a job with the company doing the work?

We get new players, work gets done quicker. Win win.

On the kit front I’ve been lead to believe that it will be an off the rail effort and not a custom design like last season.

Nice tribute to Gordon Lennon in this week's local rag, 10 yrs this week since he died.

Good work SonsteamOf08

20190603_220222.jpg

Edited by Silverton End

Nice tribute to Gordon Lennon in this week's local rag, 10 yrs this week since he died.
Good work SonsteamOf08

20190603_220222.thumb.jpg.f263a9f9d4b978e8b0cf7cf4d09d20eb.jpg

Cheers. Watching back the old SonsTV interview that the opening quote comes from was seriously tough. I don’t think at the time I fully appreciated how tragic it was, but reading through the old clippings and watching that made it really hit home.

Incredible that it’s been a decade now.

59 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
9 hours ago, lionel wickson said:
Our goalkeeper for next season will not be Derek Gaston.

Go on...

Signed for Arbroath last night unfortunately.

17 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Hope of you holding on to SeaGal and Carswell (a link I hadn't heard until this article) yet. https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/airdrieonians-boss-ian-murray-rules-16248818 

Cue us announcing both of them tomorrow. 

I would love to get both players signed up for the season. Although, I'm sure I read one of the articles posted here that Duffy doesn't think Seagal is interested in signing on for another year. I would like to see him paired up with a strong target man type player. Someone like Thommo would fit the bill well ;).

EDIT: Found it

d79033f2570da8bac39c1ee2a915a4e7.png

Edited by super-son

Hope of you holding on to SeaGal and Carswell (a link I hadn't heard until this article) yet. https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/airdrieonians-boss-ian-murray-rules-16248818 
Cue us announcing both of them tomorrow. 
Duffy has said in the press that Carswell has verbally agreed to stay and that Gallagher is definitely offski. It may well be that Gallagher is heading somewhere else.

Given that all of you will have your copies of the Lennox by now, you'll all know that Beany is away. The rumours of a player/coach role were true, but Duffy couldn't justify using part of the precious budget on it.

Hope we see him in the dugout one day. It might not have worked out this time around, but what a guy he is :wub:

21 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Given that all of you will have your copies of the Lennox by now, you'll all know that Beany is away. The rumours of a player/coach role were true, but Duffy couldn't justify using part of the precious budget on it.

Hope we see him in the dugout one day. It might not have worked out this time around, but what a guy he is :wub:

All the best to him. Correct decision imo as he wasn't able to make any impact last season 2 goals?) and I didn't foresee him making any impact this season either.

ST confirmed with the 10 instalments.  2 emails and about 90 seconds filling in the forms.  Easy.

Well done to the club again for offering this and hopefully the uptake is good.

13 hours ago, C'mon_the_Sons said:

All the best to him. Correct decision imo as he wasn't able to make any impact last season 2 goals?) and I didn't foresee him making any impact this season either.

Two goals, aye. I totally agree. He's a great guy, a model pro and will make a fantastic coach - but I'm pleased Duffy is going to try and maximise what he gets with his budget. No doubt Beany will rock up somewhere else in the division for his customary four goals against us next season though!