Sons' sorrow

Barr is no great loss IMHO. He had a solid end to the season but I'm glad we offered him a peanuts wage, I feel we can do better. Up until February Barr was absolutely awful and I was fully wanting him punted in January.

Carswell and Calum Gallagher should be priority signings. Hutton and Barr are welcome to leave.

You can stop the pining after Gallagher, he’s Joe the Toff.

28 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

That’s an absolutely bizarre decision from Bobby Barr.

TBF he may live closer to that area, plus say we offered him a deal and they are deciding to splash the cash and offer him silly money ( for our level) he probably knows he isn’t going to hit the big time so just out to make as much money as possible from it.

I’m happy to see the majority of Aitken’s team GTF. In the main, a bunch of over rated prima donnas who were on huge wages and produced very little, or too little too late.

This year might not have the big names, but let’s learn from this season. I think Duffy will get the right mix of players to challenge for promotion.

I just wish Loy would do the decent thing and come to an agreement with the board to get him off the wage bill.

4 hours ago, David W said:

Yes, the Shire even took the unprecedented step of advertising that they have a big transfer fund HERE

"that has saw them finish second and fourth" 

"which has saw them go seven unbeaten"

Pretty amateurish communication skills there.

2 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Does Mad Bill still cut about? 

Aye seen him a couple of weeks ago in their cup final with BSC. He's still the same and still has the same Asda bag really is a bag for life think he's been taking it to games for the last 20 years:lol:

Edited by cowdenbeath

5 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

Lost Bobby Barr to...... EAST STIRLING emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png wtf

I know. Could have been worse I suppose, he might have signed for a Junior side, say Darvel for example.

4 hours ago, David W said:

Yes, the Shire even took the unprecedented step of advertising that they have a big transfer fund HERE

Another side from Falkirk announced at the end of season 2017/18 that they would be backing Paul Hartley with the single largest first team budget since their relegation to the second tier. That worked out well.

1 hour ago, Johnny Red said:

I just wish Loy would do the decent thing and come to an agreement with the board to get him off the wage bill.

I’d like to see that too, but we were stupid enough to give him the two year deal on insane money. He’ll be banking on that income to pay bills and a mortgage, it’s not that easy for him to just walk away from that. It’s not like he’s a Jack Rodwell who has already earned millions and is just being greedy.

If I was Loy I’d sit in the stands and take the money.

Edited by FifeSons

55 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

I know. Could have been worse I suppose, he might have signed for a Junior side, say Darvel for example.

Another side from Grangemouth  announced at the end of season 2017/18 that they would be backing Paul Hartley with the single largest first team budget since their relegation to the second tier. That worked out well.

FTFY ;)