Sons' sorrow

14 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Lost Bobby Barr to...... EAST STIRLING emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png wtf

Noticed the other day that the Shire have added Nicky Low as well, so I'm guessing they might have a wee bit of dough.

Good luck to Bobby though. I liked him. McCluskey probably won't be a dissimilar replacement though.

3 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Noticed the other day that the Shire have added Nicky Low as well, so I'm guessing they might have a wee bit of dough.

Good luck to Bobby though. I liked him. McCluskey probably won't be a dissimilar replacement though.

Yes, the Shire even took the unprecedented step of advertising that they have a big transfer fund HERE

Lost Bobby Barr to...... EAST STIRLING [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] wtf
Not sure what was on offer and how much these Aitken had put them on, but when my main reason for wanting to keep him is for the seethe factor then I'm over it in seconds.

22 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Eddie Malone has dropped down two divisions as well.

Carswell and Calum Gallagher should be priority signings. Hutton and Barr are welcome to leave.

I'm going to put it out there that if Gallagher left I wouldn't be too upset. I think his contribution last season was in no small part down his partnership with Dom Thomas. If you take DT away, for me he becomes much more ordinary, hard working, yes, but a 6/7 goal a season forward who struggles against physical defenders.

Happy to be proven wrong.

Barr is no great loss IMHO. He had a solid end to the season but I'm glad we offered him a peanuts wage, I feel we can do better. Up until February Barr was absolutely awful and I was fully wanting him punted in January.

Carswell and Calum Gallagher should be priority signings. Hutton and Barr are welcome to leave.
Indeed and I also agree that the late season form of Calum Gallagher was influenced by Dom Thomas. As I've already said, we need to recall the dire stuff of last season and who was on the pitch producing it, so I really don't have an issue if JD fashions a completely new squad.