Some players have definitely been offered deals. 
It's widely rumoured some players have been told by the manager he wants them to stay but they haven't been offered an actual deal. Which would add up with Duffy not knowing what his budget was prior to the apparent meeting last night. Perhaps he offered them a proposed deal but it certainly can't have been anything official without a budget in place.

Either way the club hasn't mentioned anything about players being offered deals (like they normally do) so no one really knows what the script is.

I'm sure I read that Duffy has talked to players about numbers and if they'd find that acceptable...

Last week's reporter;

“To do that, you need to sit down with the facts and figures and all the aspects of how the club want to move forward. Once we get that done then we will have a clearer picture of how to try and achieve that.
“We haven’t signed anyone because we don’t know what we can offer. All I have said to the players is ‘in principle, would you be interested in signing?’. Those I have asked have said yes, but until such times when we can put an offer on the table, there’s a threat that other clubs could swoop - good players will always attract attention from other clubs. If those players get offered a good wage elsewhere then we will lose out on them.

Moving away from the fact we have no players (well, aside from Loy) and no manager at the moment, I've just seen Stenhousemuir's new kit - and I couldn't be a bigger fan. Reckon Uhlsport could do something very, very decent based on this sort of template for us.

https://rjmsports.com/product/stenhousemuir-fc-uhlsport-away-short-sleeve-shirt-white/

Moving away from the fact we have no players (well, aside from Loy) and no manager at the moment, I've just seen Stenhousemuir's new kit - and I couldn't be a bigger fan. Reckon Uhlsport could do something very, very decent based on this sort of template for us.
https://rjmsports.com/product/stenhousemuir-fc-uhlsport-away-short-sleeve-shirt-white/

That’s smart.
If we’re going to move away from the traditional across the chest bands then how about the bands being vertical a la old Hearts and Ajax, with the badge on left breast or in middle of the chest ?
I’m thinking a broad gold band bordered by narrower black bands.
Maybe one of the youngsters on here could conjure that up and post it in here ?

Are we getting a new kit for next season?
We don't even know if we have a manager for next season so I wouldn't be expecting kit news anytime soon.

If we had any sense we'd just dust off the old Baxter Ramsays, the greatest kit in the history of Scottish football.

We don't even know if we have a manager for next season so I wouldn't be expecting kit news anytime soon.

If we had any sense we'd just dust off the old Baxter Ramsays, the greatest kit in the history of Scottish football.
We will have a manager next season, we're just unsure if it'll be Duffy or someone else at the moment. I'm not overly fussed about a new kit. I asked just because the subject had arisen.

We will have a manager next season, we're just unsure if it'll be Duffy or someone else at the moment. I'm not overly fussed about a new kit. I asked just because the subject had arisen.
We'll probably announce the new kit along with the new manager... 3 weeks after the season starts.

IMG_4882.jpgeager? Management should have been sorted weeks ago, and board members should not be unavailable for board meetings to discuss club affairs immediately after the season ends. Smacks of people deliberately being awkward

IMG_4882.thumb.jpg.0ce3a25e126e1bb95de77b5a7a6ff694.jpgeager? Management should have been sorted weeks ago, and board members should not be unavailable for board meetings to discuss club affairs immediately after the season ends. Smacks of people deliberately being awkward
I'm not privvy to the inner workings at DFC but we have a hard working board who are probably acutely aware of the need of assembling a squad, so I'm guessing it's not quite as black and white as it looks from the outside. Hopefully we can start to get some players tied down soon.

15 hours ago, optimistic said:

IMG_4882.jpgeager? Management should have been sorted weeks ago, and board members should not be unavailable for board meetings to discuss club affairs immediately after the season ends. Smacks of people deliberately being awkward

People have lives mate. They don't actually have to give up any of their time at all, they could all stop tomorrow and our club would likely die. They give their time because they want the club to succeed, why would they deliberately be awkward in regards to discussing future plans?

JD on OTB and seems like he WILL be staying on.Says we have NO players signed so he has a lot of work to do.Also looking forward to facing Clyde and Falkirk .

Nothing on OS but i.d be shocked if he walked away now.

1 hour ago, lorenzo71 said:

JD on OTB and seems like he WILL be staying on.Says we have NO players signed so he has a lot of work to do.Also looking forward to facing Clyde and Falkirk .

Quickly skim-listened to the entirety of OTB and was a wee bit disappointed they didn't speak to him in a bit more detail about DFC. Not surprised mind you, but disappointed nonetheless. Here's what he had to say:

I think with Falkirk in the league it's going to be even tougher, and the likes of Peterhead and Clyde - what a job Danny Lennon's done, I'm delighted for him - so yeah it will be a really tough league again, but we'll see what the summer brings. I don't have any players signed at this moment in time, none, so we've got a bit of work to do. 

Are we getting a new kit for next season?

I’ve heard that we are but it’s not going to be a custom kit like last seasons it will be an off the rail job with our badge and sponsor on it.

2nd hand info so don’t take my word on it.

I said it a few weeks ago, we are going to end up with panic buys and emergency loans deals.

Why season after season are we almost surprised that players are going to be leaving and the window is going to be open.
It’s not like it creeps up on the club and surprise !!!
We can all see where we need to strengthen so surely this should be getting looked at in the run up to the window opening??
Surely the board and those making the decision (whoever that may be)
can see that’s the most logical way to approach things ??.

To me it just seems to be that no one knows what is going on or if they do they are just unwilling to tell us anything. But yet are asking us to fork out 250 quid for a ST.

A bit of transparency from the club would be nice. But it’s not going to change with all the wee cliques and groups in the club. IMO that’s where most of the issues arise but that’s just me.

Until this whole farcical situation changes I’m not putting another penny into the club, all in all last season I must have spent about 500 quid on ST, kit and away games.

That won’t be happening this season.

Don’t particularly like moaning about this stuff ( unlike some others who love a moan mostly the classic FB crew ) but im pretty fed up being in this situation every year .

Until this whole farcical situation changes I’m not putting another penny into the club, all in all last season I must have spent about 500 quid on ST, kit and away games.

That won’t be happening this season.

Don’t particularly like moaning about this stuff ( unlike some others who love a moan mostly the classic FB crew ) but im pretty fed up being in this situation every year .

I spent well over 500 on two away days with east fife would be well over double that if you include the fact that we went to Dublin on the original date as well

Your club if in difficulty needs you surely? Means nothing to me cause I don’t like Dumbarton but don’t understand the argument that when it starts to go to shit at your club folk turn away. That’s when they need more folk in.

I spent well over 500 on two away days with east fife would be well over double that if you include the fact that we went to Dublin on the original date as well

Your club if in difficulty needs you surely? Means nothing to me cause I don’t like Dumbarton but don’t understand the argument that when it starts to go to shit at your club folk turn away. That’s when they need more folk in.

I don’t know if my club is in difficulty because they don’t tell us anything.... is my point.

You might be in the position financially to shell out in excess of 500 quid but I’m not.

Does that mean Rory Loy has agreed a cancellation?

2 minutes ago, albundy said:
2 hours ago, lorenzo71 said:

Does that mean Rory Loy has agreed a cancellation?

Would like to think so, it should certainly free up some wage$