25 minutes ago, optimistic said:

If Duffy does indeed go, who would we like? Jim Mcintyre for me

On what grounds . Is this cause he comes from Castlehill???

why talk about replacement if we don’t need one

Nobody deserves McIntyre, you'd be better with Hartley is "absolute dud whos achieved nothing for half a decade" is the gameplan.

Hartley is after the Cove gig

On what grounds . Is this cause he comes from Castlehill???
why talk about replacement if we don’t need one

Definitely not, I’m the other side of the town,

If Duffy is to leave then I'd really like to see us going for an ex-pro. Someone like Lee Miller for example.

Obviously it's a gamble (show me an appointment that isn't...) But getting a young gaffer desperate to make a name for himself in the game is a very good option for a club like DFC.

I'd have been into McIntyre prior to his Dundee stint, but that was an unmitigated disaster - so I'm kind of off him now.

Edit: Literally 20 minutes after I type that Miller signs a new deal at Livi :lol: Sub his name for any veteran player who seems like he might make a decent manager though. 

Edited by Ross Forbes

1 hour ago, Ross Forbes said:

If Duffy is to leave then I'd really like to see us going for an ex-pro. Someone like Lee Miller for example.

Obviously it's a gamble (show me an appointment that isn't...) But getting a young gaffer desperate to make a name for himself in the game is a very good option for a club like DFC.

I'd have been into McIntyre prior to his Dundee stint, but that was an unmitigated disaster - so I'm kind of off him now.

Edit: Literally 20 minutes after I type that Miller signs a new deal at Livi :lol: Sub his name for any veteran player who seems like he might make a decent manager though. 

I wonder if Kenny Miller fancies another go at being player/manager? He might end up getting that at Dundee right enough.

Hopefully Duffy sticks around. If not, we could do worse than investigate whether Alan Moore would be interested in another go as manager of a senior side.

13 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
21 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:
Can we save this debate for once (IF) we find out that we're having to replace Jim?

There's f**k all else happening tbh. The silence is deafening.

Quite. We wouldn’t be speculating at all if Jim hadn’t stirred it up with those end of season interviews.

Something to take our minds off the managerial situation.

There a wee comedy club being launched at the club. [email protected] will hopefully (if supported by the town) run monthly nights with comedians from the Scottish comedy circuit.

First night is Friday 31st May. Tickets from £7.50 with a promo on this weekend. www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/comedytherock-john-gavin-julia-sutherland-more-tickets-60353269253

The club benefits from the venue hire, bar sales and profit share.

"This will be a cracking night of comedy at the club and is something I'm proud to have played a part in creating" - Stevie Aitken (May, 2019)

Edited by Jordo1872
sausage fingers

Also, we've now shifted around 380 bricks for the Engraved at the Rock initiative, raising around £7,500 for the club.

Thanks to everyone on here who has supported this, and if you've done so yet....how no?

1 hour ago, Jumbo Muir said:

Quite a few punters on Off The Ball just now, touting JD for the Killie job.

How dare they discuss the Kilmarnock job when Steve Clarke is still the manager there?

I wonder if Kenny Miller fancies another go at being player/manager? He might end up getting that at Dundee right enough.
No thanks

With hee-haw happening I decided to play a wee mental puzzle in which, based on former Sons, players have the same forename and surname. Thus we have William Williams, Craig Craig, Steven Stevens, Jack Jack, Graham Graham, etc.,. Can anyone improve on Boris Borris ?

10 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

With hee-haw happening I decided to play a wee mental puzzle in which, based on former Sons, players have the same forename and surname. Thus we have William Williams, Craig Craig, Steven Stevens, Jack Jack, Graham Graham, etc.,. Can anyone improve on Boris Borris ?

Drummond Drummond