Seemed to be once stevie left there was a few who took pleasure in sticking the boot in to the club. We all know about aitkens army. Ex kit man had a pop too if I recall and now some weirdo agent telling us we are going bust! Maybe someone is trying to sell our drama to channel 5 for a documentary, in that case they its genius and a good way to raise funds!

I asked him to explain why the club was going to the wall, he's since deleted his comments. I think we can assume he has either (a) realised that spreading rumours about clubs on social media doesn't reflect well on him or (b) he was talking shite. Either way I think we can forget about it and wait for the club to inform us of the current state of play.

Speaking of players, I seen Ryan Conroy and Gary Fleming walking around Dumbarton last night.

Gary's sporting a full beard and Conroy still wearing Airdrie kit

14 minutes ago, sonsanorak said:

Speaking of players, I seen Ryan Conroy and Gary Fleming walking around Dumbarton last night.

Gary's sporting a full beard and Conroy still wearing Airdrie kit

Were they heading for the Morrisons fish counter?

Were they heading for the Morrisons fish counter?
Talking about fish counters, the buggers in Pitlochry have shut the one at the dam on the River Tummel at Faskally. That only leaves the Hawkshead shop to occupy folk

So it's still all quiet on the Sons front. How long do we give Duffy to decide whether he wants to stay? Is it wise to let him call the shots?

For all we know he could turn round next weekend and tell us he doesn't fancy the challenge. How long will it take to identify potential replacements, interview them and appoint one of them? Say 3 weeks? That would take us a week or so into June with none of our better performers having being offered contracts and probably having offers from elsewhere.

Is Duffy really worthy of being afforded this much time to decide whether the budget suits him or not?

If the above worst case scenario pans out then we could be entering the 2nd week of June with no players signed up, no players offered contracts and a brand new gaffer desperately scrambling to cobble together enough players who haven't already taken up offers elsewhere.

Is it just me or is the worst case scenario starting to look more likely with each passing day?

Worrying.

10 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Is it just me or is the worst case scenario starting to look more likely with each passing day?

Worrying.

To be honest, the more time passes the more I've been thinking about this....and I don't like it at all. 

This time last week I was pretty confident we'd know by now if Duffy was staying and, if he was, possibly have a few players signed up...But nope. I'm not panicking just yet, but this is exactly the sort of situation I hoped we'd avoid.

Worrying.
Dunno,

It could be that everything has a gentleman's agreement, re: Duffy's future, player staying and nothing signed yet.

Or

We're fucked.

To be honest, the more time passes the more I've been thinking about this....and I don't like it at all. 
This time last week I was pretty confident we'd know by now if Duffy was staying and, if he was, possibly have a few players signed up...But nope. I'm not panicking just yet, but this is exactly the sort of situation I hoped we'd avoid.
I think everything will become clearer once the Scotland position is settled. Not long now.

10 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
56 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

I think everything will become clearer once the Scotland position is settled. Not long now.

Ach,  we know who's a shoo-in for that!

image.jpg.880706849c18bd53b4f224dc4374668a.jpg

If JD is still on holiday I wouldn't have expected any announcement in any case. If he's back, then maybe it's time to think about panicking.

17 minutes ago, microdave said:

If JD is still on holiday I wouldn't have expected any announcement in any case. If he's back, then maybe it's time to think about panicking.

He only went away on holiday last Sunday after his Old Firm Sportsound stint.

He only went away on holiday last Sunday after his Old Firm Sportsound stint.
So no panic just yet.

So no panic just yet.
Well, that's debateable. If he stays then fair enough but if he tells he us he isn't after his holiday we are in a seriously shite situation.

Why we didn't set a deadline of before his holiday is beyond me.

Well, that's debateable. If he stays then fair enough but if he tells he us he isn't after his holiday we are in a seriously shite situation.

If he's going I would have to agree we are in bother but we don't know yet so I'm still in non panic mode.

1 hour ago, microdave said:
2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

If he's going I would have to agree we are in bother but we don't know yet so I'm still in non panic mode.

Agree with that, if we'd achieved this season's ambition, which was to finish top 4 in League 1 we would still perhaps be playing football just now.

Maybe a date was set for serious managerial talks after the final play offs were over, who knows.

I'll be delighted though if Jim Duffy signs on for next season because the transformation since the turn of this year has been very pleasing.

Should also be noted that we are absolutely fucking skint, dropping over £100k in income since relegation.

1 minute ago, optimistic said:

If Duffy does indeed go, who would we like? Jim Mcintyre for me

Nobody deserves McIntyre, you'd be better with Hartley is "absolute dud whos achieved nothing for half a decade" is the gameplan.