Grant Adam’s training and travel arrangements sounded extremely peculiar.

Good god gentlemen, we're getting a bit hot under the collar about the lack of info regarding our team. I suggest you listen to a most wonderfully laid back band that are tinged with gorgeous psychedelic waves. If only I could remember their name...

50 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Grant Adam’s training and travel arrangements sounded extremely peculiar.

Yes, I believe he was parachuted via drone into his 6-yard box at the C&G Systems Stadium approx 30 minute before a match, after a hearty brunch @ Nando's. 

4 hours ago, lorenzo71 said:

Clearly talks are dragging on as our budget will be an issue for any manager.As stated above it will be a competitive L1 next year and there is no gurantee we will be competitive.I tend to think that off the field activity needs to happen first if we want to progress on it.Having owners who dont cobtribute a penny to the club is simply bad news.For sure JD will be weighing up his options if he feels it will be an uphill struggle next season.Its up to the board to set a deadline and move on if JD drags his heels.Hes been great for us but we really need to settle down and sort out our squad.

If DF is released by AYR would love to get him back.I would keep CB,CG,KH,SC,BB,CB,RF.But thats it from last season.

Was it impressed with Ferguson at all. Often looked like the weak link in our team actually.

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Ferguson signed a new deal when we punted him to you lot and will likely slot into RB as Liam Smith is offski.

Pleased that he seems to have done well for you guys though.

Sadly (for you guys) not all of our fans feel the same way about him.

4 hours ago, squeezeboxson said:

Was it impressed with Ferguson at all. Often looked like the weak link in our team actually.

We're all entitled to our opinions but I'm a bit baffled at how anyone reaches that conclusion. Ferguson barely put a foot wrong at full back.

Heard that Raith Rovers are very keen to get Ross Forbes on a contract for next season. 

We're all entitled to our opinions but I'm a bit baffled at how anyone reaches that conclusion. Ferguson barely put a foot wrong at full back.

Totally agree. He wasn’t anything showy, but we lost 2 of the 15 games he played in - and that’s absolutely no coincidence. We needed a solid, reliable full-back and Ferguson was the very definition of solid and reliable. A 7/10 every week type.
Heard that Raith Rovers are very keen to get Ross Forbes on a contract for next season. 

Can confirm that I’m speaking to John McGlynn. Not too keen on the travelling, but the opportunity to work with Lewy again might swing it.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Perhaps, reading it back again, that sounds pretty harsh. I just don't think he was that great. I'd say our league was closer to his level but then again, he is young and may improve.

He was just a bit hopeless in possession at times and I think there will be other options  available who won't be a downgrade.

Sadly (for you guys) not all of our fans feel the same way about him.
Goes to show, I though Ferguson was one of our most consistent performers, not flashy or likely to be a game changer but reliable and did the simple things well. Our form improved dramatically with him in the team.

So it's still all quiet on the Sons front. How long do we give Duffy to decide whether he wants to stay? Is it wise to let him call the shots?

For all we know he could turn round next weekend and tell us he doesn't fancy the challenge. How long will it take to identify potential replacements, interview them and appoint one of them? Say 3 weeks? That would take us a week or so into June with none of our better performers having being offered contracts and probably having offers from elsewhere.

Is Duffy really worthy of being afforded this much time to decide whether the budget suits him or not?

If the above worst case scenario pans out then we could be entering the 2nd week of June with no players signed up, no players offered contracts and a brand new gaffer desperately scrambling to cobble together enough players who haven't already taken up offers elsewhere.

IMO Duffy is just going to wait and see how other clubs situations turns out before making his mind.
If all the talk of financial doom and gloom is correct I can’t see him sticking about, which I feel is a shame. But if we don’t have the funds there isn’t much we can do.
I do fear that we will end up loosing our better performers if they are left waiting by the club as they will have caught the eye of others on our league and perhaps a few championship teams.
I hope the situation isn’t a long drawn out affair and we end up with a panic buys and poor loan deals.
I feel that we are kind of being held to ransom by duffy until he gets a better offer.

Thomson, Dyer, McLean & C.Barr joining the exodus

A new defence next season, which might not be a bad thing given our defensive record this season.

Sorry to see Mango and McLean moving on. Big Mango has been an excellent player for us especially, and I really hope he gets himself sorted with a good move. It's not been a good couple of seasons, but you cannot fault the effort and attitude he shows every time he steps on the pitch.

McLean was a good luck charm, played a sizeable role in our end of season form, and was pretty much faultless for the final month or so of the season. I wonder if he'll be back off overseas? 

Edited by Ross Forbes

Not surprised at all to see Mango decide to move on, but given he's only had one relatively injury free season in the last five or so, it might have been a bit of a gamble (and I would think a comparitively expensive one).

IMO Duffy is just going to wait and see how other clubs situations turns out before making his mind.
If all the talk of financial doom and gloom is correct I can’t see him sticking about, which I feel is a shame. But if we don’t have the funds there isn’t much we can do.
I do fear that we will end up loosing our better performers if they are left waiting by the club as they will have caught the eye of others on our league and perhaps a few championship teams.
I hope the situation isn’t a long drawn out affair and we end up with a panic buys and poor loan deals.
I feel that we are kind of being held to ransom by duffy until he gets a better offer.
Whoa, whoa, hold on a bit. Jim Duffy was 60 recently and there's every possibility that he and whoever may be off on holiday right now - it could be as mundane as that. As regards the player situation, there are no surprises in any of the departures and we are all going to have to get used to every season being a low budget lucky bag of short-term signings and loan deals. Having said that I'm convinced that if Jim Duffy stays then we'll have a slightly better quality lucky bag.

Not overly bothered by any of the departures. Barr is clearly a very good player but we can ill afford one of our highest earners being so injury prone/enjoying holidays mid season. I'm surprised at McLean chucking it, I can't see him getting a better deal elsewhere tbh.

As for the rest, bar Ross Perry who tried his best, good fucking riddance. There are a couple of names missing from that list that I hoped to see on it mind you.

Can we assume the others have been offered contracts? If that is the case can we assume Duffy has decided he is staying?