Brennan certainly did his chances no harm at all yesterday - albeit he'll maybe be a bit disappointed about his role in the penalty concession.
As well as a few fantastic saves, he managed to hold almost everything that came his way. That makes a huge difference when you consider how little Adam manages to catch first time. Tecnique wise there's no question who the better 'keeper is - but if someone like Derek Gaston or David Mitchell became available I'd be very keen for them to be our #1 next season, with Brennan pushing as #2.
Is Alan Martin not free.......

15 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:
9 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:
Brennan certainly did his chances no harm at all yesterday - albeit he'll maybe be a bit disappointed about his role in the penalty concession.
As well as a few fantastic saves, he managed to hold almost everything that came his way. That makes a huge difference when you consider how little Adam manages to catch first time. Tecnique wise there's no question who the better 'keeper is - but if someone like Derek Gaston or David Mitchell became available I'd be very keen for them to be our #1 next season, with Brennan pushing as #2.

Is Alan Martin not free.......

He is...

I'm not sure if he's fit or not mind you, but having Aldo back would make my life :wub:

We're scrapping reserve football and sending all our talented youngsters out on loan instead, so please fill your boots, they inevitably return far better players after a loan spell with you guys ^_^

I take it it's tomorrow night that the players will find out about their futures? Iirc it's normally the first Tuesday after the end of the season.

Although I guess that we can already confirm that a few guys (Thomson, Dyer, Paton and Melingui) will be away.

We're scrapping reserve football and sending all our talented youngsters out on loan instead, so please fill your boots, they inevitably return far better players after a loan spell with you guys 

First choice pick from all your young players, cheers. We’ll start off with Jason Kerr and Callum Hendry.

I take it it's tomorrow night that the players will find out about their futures? Iirc it's normally the first Tuesday after the end of the season.
Although I guess that we can already confirm that a few guys (Thomson, Dyer, Paton and Melingui) will be away.

It was on the Wednesday after our final game last year(yes, I looked it up) but that may have been due to our last game being on a Sunday.

1 hour ago, microdave said:

It was on the Wednesday after our final game last year(yes, I looked it up) but that may have been due to our last game being on a Sunday.

I put it down to them speaking to players on the Tuesday and not updating things until the Wednesday but either way we should have an idea in the next 48 hours or so.

4 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:

And Perry. Don't tell me you forgot about him?!

5 minutes ago, C'mon_the_Sons said:

And Perry. Don't tell me you forgot about him?!

There are two good reasons why I didn't include Perry in that list. Firstly because he's not actually been a bad player for us imo (on the rare occasions when he's been fit) and secondly because he didn't choose not to turn up at the weekend like the others (allegedly), he is actually crocked.

Can't fault his effort or commitment on the pitch, and I genuinely hope he enjoys a decent injury free time next season. From all our duds this season, he's the one I've got the most time for.

Edited by Ross Forbes

On 13/05/2018 at 18:39, Marshmallo said:

Good riddance to the worst away game in Scotland. 

On 13/05/2018 at 19:22, Crawford Baptie said:

About fuckin time. Cheerio bogey team.

Hi guys! :thumsup2

Just a shame that Houston is no longer in charge. We could have used his ever increasing beetroot coloured head to light up the castle, thus keeping the locals happy.

There are two good reasons why I didn't include Perry in that list. Firstly because he's not actually been a bad player for us imo (on the rare occasions when he's been fit) and secondly because he didn't choose not to turn up at the weekend like the others (allegedly), he is actually crocked.
Can't fault his effort or commitment on the pitch, and I genuinely hope he enjoys a decent injury free time next season. From all our duds this season, he's the one I've got the most time for.
No. Seriously no. And I hope if Jim Duffy and the DFC Board are serious about having a real go next season then there is no room for misplaced sentiment anywhere in the squad.

25 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
2 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:

No. Seriously no. And I hope if Jim Duffy and the DFC Board are serious about having a real go next season then there is no room for misplaced sentiment anywhere in the squad.

I should point out that I'm not saying that we should keep him, merely that he's been an hardworking, brave honest big guy who doesn't hide on the pitch - something that puts him above quite a few members of the squad...

If he can get himself injury free he'll be absolutely fine at the bottom end of League One/League Two for someone imo.

Just watched Dumbarton highlights from Saturday. Real nice touch putting celebrations and guard of honour etc on them so thank you for that whoever done them will probably revisit in the future for memories of happier times.

Probably when we are stranded at the bottom of the Championship watching us get pumped every week.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
4 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:

I agree with Ross Forbes when it comes to Ross Perry. The few times he has played he has actually looked pretty decent in my opinion. Certainly not as bad as he was made out to be by others when we signed him up. If it wasn't for him being permanently injured then I wouldn't be against him signing on as backup like he was this season.

However, we can't take the chance on injury prone players like him for next season though if we want to have a proper go for the top 4. We need a squad of fit hard working players to be in with the best shot possible.

I’m sure Jim and the Board are serious as are the loyal core fans. The real questions are will all the lost season ticket holders come back and does the town really care ?