Sons' sorrow

2 minutes ago, Sons Fan said:

Anyone know if you can renew your season ticket over the phone like previous years?

Don't see any reason why not. I know there were some staffing issues over the last week with Sam being on holiday but if someone is on reception it shouldn't be an issue.

5 hours ago, cameron2000 said:

Yes, because as we’ve shown this season, it’s really easy to revamp your squad after relegation and go straight back up again.

Tbf, it’s probably easier when you have 40,000 fans every other week and a budget that dwarfs everyone else.

So here I am, anorak zipped up watching Fylde entertain HarrogateTown on BT Sport, and blow me if our old pal Josh Falkingham isn't pulling the midfield strings for the visitors.  Who amongst us can ever forget the rag-dolling Kevin Nicholl gave the wee shite in the Play-Off Semi-Final versus the Lichties in 2012 ?

46 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

So here I am, anorak zipped up watching Fylde entertain HarrogateTown on BT Sport, and blow me if our old pal Josh Falkingham isn't pulling the midfield strings for the visitors.  Who amongst us can ever forget the rag-dolling Kevin Nicholl gave the wee shite in the Play-Off Semi-Final versus the Lichties in 2012 ?

I admire how that’s the game on BT you’ve chosen to watch tonight.

Funny how quickly the seethe kicks in, two minutes watching him and I’ve had to switch back to The One And Only Garth Brooks on Total Country

2 hours ago, the snudge said:

Bought a wee programme from ebay for 80p. Those teams BTW! 

DSC_0583.JPG

Stuart Robertson is one of my favourite ever players :wub::wub:

EDIT: some team that, btw.

EDIT 2 : was that the 1-1 draw where Joe Coyle scored our penalty?

Edited by Boghead ranter

5 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Stuart Robertson is one of my favourite ever players :wub::wub:

EDIT: some team that, btw.

EDIT 2 : was that the 1-1 draw where Joe Coyle scored our penalty?

8th of September 1984, I believe it was 1-1. I was yet to be born so I'm not sure of the scorers. 

Wonder if we might get a hint at whether or not Duffy's sticking around in this.

Thought that myself when I seen it.

I was pretty unconvinced with Duffy up until recently but our form since January has been excellent and we have been playing some decent football into the bargain.

I'm hoping this will be him outlining his plans, confirming he's staying and getting straight to work on retaining Carswell, Seagal and Forbes. I would include Ballantyne in that list but I'm about 90% convinced he will leave.

Reading through the interview I think it seems like he'll be sticking around. It would be strange to say something like this otherwise:

“We need to know if we can get players good enough to compete in this division. Dom Thomas, for example, has been a sensational acquisition by the club, but we are unlikely to have him next season and we may well lose others.

“It's in the lap of the gods. There isn't anything to say about how we may perform next season.

“We certainly want to compete for promotion – if you don't, you shouldn't be involved in football. But every team will be the same. That will be the target, no doubt about it.

https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=4031

It would be excellent to go into pre-season with stability for the first time in a few years. A manager who isn't looking elsewhere, time on our side and in a league where we should be able to compete. 

Buzzing for Terrific Tuesdays and hashtag Thriller Thursdays.

I think the opposite :lol:

He commits to nothing there. Doesn't know the budget (fair enough, we don't know what teams will be here), hasn't spoken to any players yet and will discuss things with the board after the game tomorrow. Hopefully it's all sorted in the next week though.

I agree with Moonster, I think Jim's talking to the board as much as the reporter here, especially the bit about wanting to compete and not look for some luck to help.

If he goes, he goes. If he leaves I think it will be down to budget and it might mean some high earners going too.

I agree with Moonster, I think Jim's talking to the board as much as the reporter here, especially the bit about wanting to compete and not look for some luck to help.

If he goes, he goes. If he leaves I think it will be down to budget and it might mean some high earners going too.
I can't help thinking that Jim Duffy will be eyeing possible developments at Firhill, Falkirk, Dumfries and possibly Dundee and Kirkcaldy over the next wee while.

Comment from John Steele now up.

https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=4034

“The target for next year is to be in the play-offs, at least."

Jim wondered about the ambition, and was keen to know if it matched his. Well there it is..

Getting back to Duffy's interview yesterday, he speaks about making decisions about contracts. If he's not sticking around I wouldn't want him to be the man to let players go. What if he decides he doesn't fancy (for example) Brian McLean, but a new manager comes in and would've kept him - only to see him signing elsewhere in the time between Duffy going and him arriving? 

My gut feeling up until recently was that he'd be away - but I'm now not so sure. He strikes me as a very straightforward guy, and I'm not sure he'd be hitting out with talk about aims for next season and squad building if he wasn't planning on staying. He could easily have said something like: "We'll sit down after the Arbroath game, evaluate the season and our aims for the future and make a decision on where to go from there."

Calum Gallagher League One player of the month, and Jim Duffy manager of the Month.

https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=4029

Especially delighted for the SeaGal. I know I've been all over him for most of this season, but it baffles me how much stick he gets. He's hardworking, never hides, never gets involved in any daft scirmishes, can hold play up, can force defenders into mistakes and has proven that (when played up front) he knows where the net is. 

When you consider how good he's been since the turn of the year it makes it all the stranger that Aitken seemed to take his penalty miss against Forfar personally and banished him to the bench. 

Alas, we're going to lose today. I didn't listen to the magnificence of The Brian Jonestown Massacre last night and the last Friday night that happened was before the 2-1 loss to Stenny. You know the way these things work...

Cue red arrow from Boghead Ranter.