Sons' sorrow

You'd be a fool if you payed an extra £5 to get in to see them every home game.

Very foolish allowing season ticket holders in for free but charging pay at the gate fans.

Robbie winters and Gary McKell away,didn't take Winters long to move on!

http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=4414

What was the point in signing Winters? "fitness issues"? Surely we'd have picked up on any fitness issues over the 3 weeks he was a trialist for us before we signed him...

I thought it was a pointless signing to begin with, but the whole thing is a bit fecking daft tbh.

In fairness we have only got Lister, Prunty and maybe McDougal as strikers. I understand why he was signed to give us another option which we have missed in the last 4 games. It would have been ideal to rest Prunty or Lister in one or two games.

I also understand us getting rid of him though cause what's the point if he's not fit enough.

In fairness we have only got Lister, Prunty and maybe McDougal as strikers. I understand why he was signed to give us another option which we have missed in the last 4 games. It would have been ideal to rest Prunty or Lister in one or two games.

I also understand us getting rid of him though cause what's the point if he's not fit enough.

I agree he was probably only signed as cover but I find it hard to believe he was fit enough to be signed a couple of weeks ago yet now isn't, with no reports of injury. Seems a bit strange. Especially as the team has looked pretty tired & we could probably have done with some rotation recently.

In saying that I'm not bothered he's away as from what I've seen he's not good enough for this level anyway.

Edited by untitled00

It's a bit perplexing that Winters has left so soon after signing. 'Fitness issues' doesn't make it any clearer either. What were these 'fitness issues'?

It could be that that's the official party line and there's something more to it, but whatever the reason, I presume his leaving will now leave a bit of budget free to bring someone else in, be it a free agent, or someone on loan. As has been said, we're now pretty light in that area of the park.

I'd have thought that we can recall McCusker if desperately needed, no?

I'd imagine so, or hope so!

If not, then it's been pretty short-sighted in letting two strikers leave and not being able to sign any more. Perhaps he plans to use Owen Ronald more, now that we're down to Lister and Prunty as our only recognised strikers?

I'd imagine so, or hope so!

If not, then it's been pretty short-sighted in letting two strikers leave and not being able to sign any more. Perhaps he plans to use Owen Ronald more, now that we're down to Lister and Prunty as our only recognised strikers?

I don't think Ronald is a striker. If Prunty or Lister are out we could use Ronald or Lamont on the wings and play MacDougall up front. If Prunty and Lister are both out I think we should play big Shay up top.