Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Some of Robert Barr's crosses into the box were good yesterday, plus the fact he generates high seethe levels amongst the Angus/Fife cabal makes him a keep for me.
SmartSelect_20190303-204916_Gallery.gif.2223e91e17e5fd1914fec3a160733d36.gif.55c8d9770925e7089edce007ada0f836.gif
Yeah.. the seethe factor alone is probably worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Was a good deal in the Sons Shop yesterday a player shirt with shorts and socks thrown in for twenty five pound.
Thought our playing surface is great too at this late part of the season.
Well done tae all concerned

I take it new kit for new season is in the offing or just getting rid of old stock ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, albundy said:
7 hours ago, Silverton End said:
Some of Robert Barr's crosses into the box were good yesterday, plus the fact he generates high seethe levels amongst the Angus/Fife cabal makes him a keep for me.
SmartSelect_20190303-204916_Gallery.gif.2223e91e17e5fd1914fec3a160733d36.gif.55c8d9770925e7089edce007ada0f836.gif

Yeah.. the seethe factor alone is probably worth it.

That makes a change. He usually couldn't cross a bridge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think we really need to look at who actually is worth keeping :

Forbes, Ballantine, Carsy, Bobby Barr and C Barr.

The rest can go and find another team to half heartedly play for.

Hutton should be the first one out the door in my eyes, but he must have some amount of dirt on the gaffers we’ve had recently to keep just wandering about in midfield flailing his arms about and playing poor balls and blaming other players for his piss poor efforts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Think we really need to look at who actually is worth keeping :

Forbes, Ballantine, Carsy, Bobby Barr and C Barr.

The rest can go and find another team to half heartedly play for.

Hutton should be the first one out the door in my eyes, but he must have some amount of dirt on the gaffers we’ve had recently to keep just wandering about in midfield flailing his arms about and playing poor balls and blaming other players for his piss poor efforts.
Hutton fanboys incoming.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RGD89 said:

Think we really need to look at who actually is worth keeping :

Forbes, Ballantine, Carsy, Bobby Barr and C Barr.

The rest can go and find another team to half heartedly play for.

Hutton should be the first one out the door in my eyes, but he must have some amount of dirt on the gaffers we’ve had recently to keep just wandering about in midfield flailing his arms about and playing poor balls and blaming other players for his piss poor efforts.

I would keep the players you mentioned and also  Gallagher and Boris unless they are on crazy wages. Wouldn’t be first choice but good from the bench.

The rest can be punted. I know it’s always a risk but wouldn’t mind us getting in a young loan GK from the bigger teams who wants to show what he’s worth, like Rodgers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I would keep the players you mentioned and also  Gallagher and Boris unless they are on crazy wages. Wouldn’t be first choice but good from the bench.
The rest can be punted. I know it’s always a risk but wouldn’t mind us getting in a young loan GK from the bigger teams who wants to show what he’s worth, like Rodgers. 



IMO (not that it’s worth anything) i wouldn’t keep Gal either, yes he “tries” but sometimes he just looks like he’s putting in so much effort and still looks like he’s running through tar. Can’t argue that his finishing has slightly improved but he still can’t judge the flight of a ball. If it goes over shoulder height he’s lost it.

As for the keeper situation, Adam reminds me of the monk from mean machine. A loose canon just looking for a fight. Plus he’s injury prone and his distribution is questionable at best. I would like to see a keeper who has a good proven track record in this league or from one of the lower teams in the championship come in.

But let’s be realistic, in terms of finances are we going to be able to completely revamp the team in one summer transfer window ?

I hope we can but i doubt it will a complete transformation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hutton fanboys incoming.......



Can’t believe he has such a cult following.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
14 hours ago, RGD89 said:
Think we really need to look at who actually is worth keeping :

Forbes, Ballantine, Carsy, Bobby Barr and C Barr.

The rest can go and find another team to half heartedly play for.

Hutton should be the first one out the door in my eyes, but he must have some amount of dirt on the gaffers we’ve had recently to keep just wandering about in midfield flailing his arms about and playing poor balls and blaming other players for his piss poor efforts.

Hutton fanboys incoming.......

I'm not a fanboy but I don't think he is actually all that bad. Won't be gutted if he leaves in the summer and would be happy enough for him to stay.

I didn't think there were any "fanboys" or a "cult following" either to be honest. If there is proof then fair enough but all I've seen in the past is people saying they don't think he is all that bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, RGD89 said:

But let’s be realistic, in terms of finances are we going to be able to completely revamp the team in one summer transfer window ?

I hope we can but i doubt it will a complete transformation.

 

 

Yes, we can revamp it no problem in one summer. Everyone aside from Rory Loy (I think) is out of contract, so it's easy enough to let them leave and replace them with someone else. The only issue we'll have is what the budget will be.  Under budget this year, not reaching our targeted finish (4th place) and out of all the cups at the first time of asking. If we don't see an increase in season ticket sales from last summer then our budget could be utterly piss poor. That means that we'll need Jim Duffy to take a wee page from say Darren Young's book, get some known League 1 quality in, 1 or 2 from a higher division with experience and compliment that with a few from the juniors that are bursting to make it in the game. Hopefully the fans who stayed away this year because they didn't like Aitken will come back but I won't be holding my breath.

I would empty pretty much everyone, Stuart Carswell can stay, as can Ballantyne if he wants to.  The rest are replaceable I think, Forbes quality on the ball probably isn't that easily replaced but every other aspect of his game is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sat and watched the first two episodes of Young SonsTV, and I have to say I really enjoyed it. First of all the wee guy who presents it does a very decent job; it isn't easy to stand and interview footballers whilst trying to look natural on camera, but he does well - whilst DT, Hutton and Carsy all come across as very decent guys.

Enjoyed the wee teammates section with Hutton and Carsy too. It's nice to find out a wee bit more about the players as people, not just the guys we pan/fanboy over for 90 minutes on a Saturday. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

I sat and watched the first two episodes of Young SonsTV, and I have to say I really enjoyed it. First of all the wee guy who presents it does a very decent job; it isn't easy to stand and interview footballers whilst trying to look natural on camera, but he does well - whilst DT, Hutton and Carsy all come across as very decent guys.

Enjoyed the wee teammates section with Hutton and Carsy too. It's nice to find out a wee bit more about the players as people, not just the guys we pan/fanboy over for 90 minutes on a Saturday. 

 

That's a good feature, background music is a bit annoying.

Thumbs up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

That's a good feature, background music is a bit annoying.

Thumbs up

Aye, I'd agree with that - it's fine being there, but the levels were just a bit too high and you couldn't hear a few answers.

Looking forward to seeing what he's got up his sleeve from now on. Hoping for a feature that's just Bobby Barr tearing into East Fife. Or Brechin. Or Arbroath. Or Raith. Or whoever else he's riled this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



IMO (not that it’s worth anything) i wouldn’t keep Gal either, yes he “tries” but sometimes he just looks like he’s putting in so much effort and still looks like he’s running through tar. Can’t argue that his finishing has slightly improved but he still can’t judge the flight of a ball. If it goes over shoulder height he’s lost it.

As for the keeper situation, Adam reminds me of the monk from mean machine. A loose canon just looking for a fight. Plus he’s injury prone and his distribution is questionable at best. I would like to see a keeper who has a good proven track record in this league or from one of the lower teams in the championship come in.

But let’s be realistic, in terms of finances are we going to be able to completely revamp the team in one summer transfer window ?

I hope we can but i doubt it will a complete transformation.
With gal like some, we could end up with worse, we could end up with better. A lot will depend on budget, scouting, availability and Duffy's powers of persuasion.

If we are confident of 3/4 of them, then we should probably start with a blank slate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And by blank slate, I don't mean free everyone. If we have players who are good enough, try to keep them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Andy Graham still doing the business in the Championship tonight. So glad we released him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Andy Graham still doing the business in the Championship tonight. So glad we released him.

Far too fit, reliable and committed to be playing for our team of half fit crocks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andy Graham still doing the business in the Championship tonight. So glad we released him.
To be fair, at the time, Andy Graham was looking like it could be a season too far. In hindsight it was a poor decision and there is no denying Aitken handled the situation terribly. He was effectively stripped of the captaincy and hounded out the door, he deserved better than that. The replacements weren't bad ones though, Barr and Buchanan were a good partnership.

The one that stuck out for me was Scott Taggart. A guy who was easily capable of playing in the Championship, had never let us down, was fairly young and was solid defensively and going forward. He was replaced by Saunders, who was ok but not as good as Taggart. Within a season we had gone from Scott Taggart to Craig Pettigrew. Shudder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

To be fair, at the time, Andy Graham was looking like it could be a season too far. In hindsight it was a poor decision and there is no denying Aitken handled the situation terribly. He was effectively stripped of the captaincy and hounded out the door, he deserved better than that. The replacements weren't bad ones though, Barr and Buchanan were a good partnership.

The one that stuck out for me was Scott Taggart. A guy who was easily capable of playing in the Championship, had never let us down, was fairly young and was solid defensively and going forward. He was replaced by Saunders, who was ok but not as good as Taggart. Within a season we had gone from Scott Taggart to Craig Pettigrew. Shudder.

Kirkpatrick is probably the one that stings most for me. I know he had some injury problems, but he was clearly a class act in a position we had/have absolutely zero creativity from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Kirkpatrick is probably the one that stings most for me. I know he had some injury problems, but he was clearly a class act in a position we had/have absolutely zero creativity from.

Yes, at the time I'd hoped Jordan could have went on to be a mainstay in our team.

In fairness, Stevie's time at the club was peppered with surprising release decisions, starting with Mark Gilhaney, who looked as though he was worth another season at the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...