Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Unfortunately that is what happens with "all singing all dancing" 3G pitches. Overuse means they need relaid every couple years but the cost means that clubs and organisations hold out as long as possible before relaying them. Pitches like benburbs are in use 7 days a week so it's no surprise its gubbed. There are many around the country in a similar state. Most of the pitches ran by Glasgow life are getting to the end of their life, petershill was relaid last year and probably about 2 years too late.
From what I've heard Benburb's was never all singing all dancing and doesn't have the relevant shock absorbing materials underneath.

It may have absolutely f**k all to do with our injury issues over the last 2 seasons mind you, was just a thought based on what I'd heard. It would be interesting to know if any other clubs who use the pitch, or Benburb themselves, experience similar issues with injuries. If not then it would suggest it's just down to bad luck and a tendancy to sign crocks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pleslie99 said:

Was sons TV at the game yesterday?
Just on that note I genuinely think we have one of the best highlight packages in the lower leagues, credit to the guys who put it together every game and help out us poor souls unable to get to the games!

I looked across to see last night and there was a camera there. Might have been Airdrie highlight (diamondsTV or something like that).

Meant to speak to you to see if you enjoyed the wedding on Saturday but you had disappeared at the end of the night! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I looked across to see last night and there was a camera there. Might have been Airdrie highlight (diamondsTV or something like that).
Meant to speak to you to see if you enjoyed the wedding on Saturday but you had disappeared at the end of the night! 
I did it was a good day. Apologies, The wife ended up with a niece crashed out on her so we took her somewhere quiet before heading for the bus lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pleslie99 said:
1 hour ago, squeezeboxson said:
I looked across to see last night and there was a camera there. Might have been Airdrie highlight (diamondsTV or something like that).
Meant to speak to you to see if you enjoyed the wedding on Saturday but you had disappeared at the end of the night! 

I did it was a good day. Apologies, The wife ended up with a niece crashed out on her so we took her somewhere quiet before heading for the bus lol

No worries at all! :thumsup2 glad you had a good one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent result for the Sons yesterday in a crucial game.
Its hard to see where Brechins next point will come from, and I reckon another 6 (maybe 4) points for Dumbarton would have you home and hosed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IF we do manage to stay up I really hope it isn't celebrated too much. We need to remember this isn't the Championship and that this season has been an absolute failure from start to finish. By all means we should be delighted to avoid a crippling relegation should it happen but it's not any sort of achievement to be shouting about IMO.

 

The sooner we can get to May and bin off half our squad the better.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

IF we do manage to stay up I really hope it isn't celebrated too much. We need to remember this isn't the Championship and that this season has been an absolute failure from start to finish. By all means we should be delighted to avoid a crippling relegation should it happen but it's not any sort of achievement to be shouting about IMO.

 

The sooner we can get to May and bin off half our squad the better.

 

 

Agreed entirely - although almost all of the squad will have to go.

This season has been Willie Dyer and the sooner we can put it behind us the better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agreed entirely - although almost all of the squad will have to go.
This season has been Willie Dyer and the sooner we can put it behind us the better.
To be fair, there are a few guys I'd be looking to hold onto despite our overall shiteness.

Ballantyne, Carswell and Forbes are the main three I'd be trying to retain and I'd also like to see us try and bring Ferguson back. To a lesser extent Bobby Barr and Calum Gallagher probably deserve new deals, Gallagher isn't the best but it's hard to argue with his goal record when played up front. In terms of his playing ability I'd keep Craig Barr but we just can't afford to have so many injury prone guys around next season.

The rest can go IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

To be fair, there are a few guys I'd be looking to hold onto despite our overall shiteness.

Ballantyne, Carswell and Forbes are the main three I'd be trying to retain and I'd also like to see us try and bring Ferguson back. To a lesser extent Bobby Barr and Calum Gallagher probably deserve new deals, Gallagher isn't the best but it's hard to argue with his goal record when played up front. In terms of his playing ability I'd keep Craig Barr but we just can't afford to have so many injury prone guys around next season.

The rest can go IMO.

We could maybe supply you with a few for next year don't be put off by Willie Dyer lots will be free to a good home:thumsup2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Best Team in Angus said:

We could maybe supply you with a few for next year don't be put off by Willie Dyer lots will be free to a good home:thumsup2

How's Kalvin Orsi been? I thought you guys looked an awful lot more dangerous when he came on yesterday. 

I do feel like we've taken an awful lot of your players over the past few seasons though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ross Forbes said:

How's Kalvin Orsi been? I thought you guys looked an awful lot more dangerous when he came on yesterday. 

I do feel like we've taken an awful lot of your players over the past few seasons though.

Kalvin seems to play a good game about every 10, there is  a decent player in there but VERY inconsistent  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Best Team in Angus said:

Kalvin seems to play a good game about every 10, there is  a decent player in there but VERY inconsistent  

Excellent. Keep him and Bobby Barr and we'll have a winger in unplayable form every five games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Excellent. Keep him and Bobby Barr and we'll have a winger in unplayable form every five games.

I would have Bobby back at the Glebe in a heart beat so maybe a swap for Orsi:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

I would have Bobby back at the Glebe in a heart beat so maybe a swap for Orsi:)

I'm afraid that, purely for riling opposition fans, I rather hope we keep Bobby next season. So I can't agree to that deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ross Forbes said:

I'm afraid that, purely for riling opposition fans, I rather hope we keep Bobby next season. So I can't agree to that deal.

We would also offer to take back Willie Dyer as part of the deal :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Best Team in Angus said:

We would also offer to take back Willie Dyer as part of the deal :lol:

*Bites hand off*

I'll drop both off this afternoon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was a good deal in the Sons Shop yesterday a player shirt with shorts and socks thrown in for twenty five pound.

Thought our playing surface is great too at this late part of the season.

Well done tae all concerned

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The sooner we can get to May and bin off half our squad the better.

 

Only half?  (Ignoring loanees)

 

All the keepers we've had this season = Bin

Ballantyne, no brainer, keep

Craig Barr Injury prone and would probably require a wedge to keep. Unsure

Brain McLean, not sure he's fully up to speed yet and therefore haven't seen the best of him, Unsure

Willie Dyer,  Bin.

Ross Perry, too injury prone. Bin

Ryan Thomson, The fact he can't force his way into the team. Bin

Kyle Hutton. A bit contentious, has good days but not enough of them. Bin

Ross Forbes. Keep for his left peg alone

Stuart Carswell, Miss him badly when he's not playing. Keep

Bobby Barr, Does it fits and spurts. Unsure.

Michael Paton, see Dyer, willie

Iain Russell, as much as I like Beanie, he's done. Bin

Boris Melingui, Brings bags of energy and a decent leap. Unsure

Calum Gallacher, will always put in a shift and chip in with some goals. Keep

 

Who have I forgotten, oh aye. Rory Loy.. If he hasn't kicked a ball in the next 4 weeks. Bin.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of Robert Barr's crosses into the box were good yesterday, plus the fact he generates high seethe levels amongst the Angus/Fife cabal makes him a keep for me.

SmartSelect_20190303-204916_Gallery.gif.2223e91e17e5fd1914fec3a160733d36.gif.55c8d9770925e7089edce007ada0f836.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...