Sons' sorrow

1 minute ago, Best Team in Angus said:

We could maybe supply you with a few for next year don't be put off by Willie Dyer lots will be free to a good home:thumsup2

How's Kalvin Orsi been? I thought you guys looked an awful lot more dangerous when he came on yesterday. 

I do feel like we've taken an awful lot of your players over the past few seasons though.

Just now, Ross Forbes said:

How's Kalvin Orsi been? I thought you guys looked an awful lot more dangerous when he came on yesterday. 

I do feel like we've taken an awful lot of your players over the past few seasons though.

Kalvin seems to play a good game about every 10, there is  a decent player in there but VERY inconsistent  

Just now, Best Team in Angus said:

Kalvin seems to play a good game about every 10, there is  a decent player in there but VERY inconsistent  

Excellent. Keep him and Bobby Barr and we'll have a winger in unplayable form every five games.

4 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

I would have Bobby back at the Glebe in a heart beat so maybe a swap for Orsi:)

I'm afraid that, purely for riling opposition fans, I rather hope we keep Bobby next season. So I can't agree to that deal.

4 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The sooner we can get to May and bin off half our squad the better.

Only half?  (Ignoring loanees)

All the keepers we've had this season = Bin

Ballantyne, no brainer, keep

Craig Barr Injury prone and would probably require a wedge to keep. Unsure

Brain McLean, not sure he's fully up to speed yet and therefore haven't seen the best of him, Unsure

Willie Dyer,  Bin.

Ross Perry, too injury prone. Bin

Ryan Thomson, The fact he can't force his way into the team. Bin

Kyle Hutton. A bit contentious, has good days but not enough of them. Bin

Ross Forbes. Keep for his left peg alone

Stuart Carswell, Miss him badly when he's not playing. Keep

Bobby Barr, Does it fits and spurts. Unsure.

Michael Paton, see Dyer, willie

Iain Russell, as much as I like Beanie, he's done. Bin

Boris Melingui, Brings bags of energy and a decent leap. Unsure

Calum Gallacher, will always put in a shift and chip in with some goals. Keep

Who have I forgotten, oh aye. Rory Loy.. If he hasn't kicked a ball in the next 4 weeks. Bin.

Some of Robert Barr's crosses into the box were good yesterday, plus the fact he generates high seethe levels amongst the Angus/Fife cabal makes him a keep for me.
SmartSelect_20190303-204916_Gallery.gif.2223e91e17e5fd1914fec3a160733d36.gif.55c8d9770925e7089edce007ada0f836.gif
Yeah.. the seethe factor alone is probably worth it.

Was a good deal in the Sons Shop yesterday a player shirt with shorts and socks thrown in for twenty five pound.
Thought our playing surface is great too at this late part of the season.
Well done tae all concerned

I take it new kit for new season is in the offing or just getting rid of old stock ?

7 hours ago, albundy said:
7 hours ago, Silverton End said:
Some of Robert Barr's crosses into the box were good yesterday, plus the fact he generates high seethe levels amongst the Angus/Fife cabal makes him a keep for me.
SmartSelect_20190303-204916_Gallery.gif.2223e91e17e5fd1914fec3a160733d36.gif.55c8d9770925e7089edce007ada0f836.gif

Yeah.. the seethe factor alone is probably worth it.

That makes a change. He usually couldn't cross a bridge.

Think we really need to look at who actually is worth keeping :

Forbes, Ballantine, Carsy, Bobby Barr and C Barr.

The rest can go and find another team to half heartedly play for.

Hutton should be the first one out the door in my eyes, but he must have some amount of dirt on the gaffers we’ve had recently to keep just wandering about in midfield flailing his arms about and playing poor balls and blaming other players for his piss poor efforts.

Hutton should be the first one out the door in my eyes, but he must have some amount of dirt on the gaffers we’ve had recently to keep just wandering about in midfield flailing his arms about and playing poor balls and blaming other players for his piss poor efforts.
Hutton fanboys incoming.......

10 hours ago, RGD89 said:

I would keep the players you mentioned and also  Gallagher and Boris unless they are on crazy wages. Wouldn’t be first choice but good from the bench.

The rest can be punted. I know it’s always a risk but wouldn’t mind us getting in a young loan GK from the bigger teams who wants to show what he’s worth, like Rodgers. 

I would keep the players you mentioned and also  Gallagher and Boris unless they are on crazy wages. Wouldn’t be first choice but good from the bench.
The rest can be punted. I know it’s always a risk but wouldn’t mind us getting in a young loan GK from the bigger teams who wants to show what he’s worth, like Rodgers. 

IMO (not that it’s worth anything) i wouldn’t keep Gal either, yes he “tries” but sometimes he just looks like he’s putting in so much effort and still looks like he’s running through tar. Can’t argue that his finishing has slightly improved but he still can’t judge the flight of a ball. If it goes over shoulder height he’s lost it.

As for the keeper situation, Adam reminds me of the monk from mean machine. A loose canon just looking for a fight. Plus he’s injury prone and his distribution is questionable at best. I would like to see a keeper who has a good proven track record in this league or from one of the lower teams in the championship come in.

But let’s be realistic, in terms of finances are we going to be able to completely revamp the team in one summer transfer window ?

I hope we can but i doubt it will a complete transformation.

4 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
14 hours ago, RGD89 said:

Hutton fanboys incoming.......

I'm not a fanboy but I don't think he is actually all that bad. Won't be gutted if he leaves in the summer and would be happy enough for him to stay.

I didn't think there were any "fanboys" or a "cult following" either to be honest. If there is proof then fair enough but all I've seen in the past is people saying they don't think he is all that bad.

16 minutes ago, RGD89 said:

But let’s be realistic, in terms of finances are we going to be able to completely revamp the team in one summer transfer window ?

I hope we can but i doubt it will a complete transformation.

Yes, we can revamp it no problem in one summer. Everyone aside from Rory Loy (I think) is out of contract, so it's easy enough to let them leave and replace them with someone else. The only issue we'll have is what the budget will be.  Under budget this year, not reaching our targeted finish (4th place) and out of all the cups at the first time of asking. If we don't see an increase in season ticket sales from last summer then our budget could be utterly piss poor. That means that we'll need Jim Duffy to take a wee page from say Darren Young's book, get some known League 1 quality in, 1 or 2 from a higher division with experience and compliment that with a few from the juniors that are bursting to make it in the game. Hopefully the fans who stayed away this year because they didn't like Aitken will come back but I won't be holding my breath.

I would empty pretty much everyone, Stuart Carswell can stay, as can Ballantyne if he wants to.  The rest are replaceable I think, Forbes quality on the ball probably isn't that easily replaced but every other aspect of his game is.