Sons' sorrow

24 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Didn't Cammy Ballantyne have a few injury problems at the start of the season?

I checked back and you're right, he was out for quite a period at the start of the season.  I think the clusterfuck of injuries which followed has erased Cammy's injury from memory.

EDIT - and with that, the only defender who has been available for every game that he's been with us is David Ferguson.  You can always put your trust in someone who goes by that name...

Edited by The Moonster

35 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Dom Thomas - Not been injured

Delete this quickly plz.

Fwiw I make it 37 games we've played so far this season, and only Ross Forbes and Bobby Barr are on track to have played in every single one. Think Calum Gallagher has been in every single squad, but he's been an unused sub a few times.

It really is absolutely mental. Cannot wait for this season to be over in the hope that whatever curse has been placed upon us by Les Hope, Iain Wilson and whoever else can be lifted.

I know that fans scoffed at Aitken's protests about injuries at the time but that list shows just how badly we've been hit this season. Obviously there's a risk in going for guys with a known history of injuries - if it pays off then we get guys we wouldn't otherwise have a chance of signing but it is a huge risk.

Doesnt change the utter madness that he's engaged in following his dismissal but he did have a point in terms of our injury problems. I don't know if we've been able to fill a bench all season?

I've heard from numerous sources over the last few years that the Benburb pitch was laid on the cheap. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if that was at fault. You simply don't have such bad luck over 2 full seasons without there being something wrong somewhere.
The Benburb pitch has at least two huge patches as well which given its age doesn't suggest it's a particularly good surface.

3 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I've heard from numerous sources over the last few years that the Benburb pitch was laid on the cheap. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if that was at fault. You simply don't have such bad luck over 2 full seasons without there being something wrong somewhere.

I'd heard the same and I can't even remember where I heard it but it would make a lot of sense.

Oh yeah... worst defence in the league after tonight.

I must admit, I find the fact our sub goalkeeper has been posted missing for 3 games now piss poor. Especially considering Grant Adam has a gammy back and could quite easily get injured.

Why would Duffy sign a guy who can't fulfill his duties? It's not even like it's just midweek games he's missing, he's missing Saturday games as well. That could seriously cost us.

I don't blame Brennan for putting his coaching career first but I'd expect the manager to be able to name a sub goalkeeper as a bare minimum.

DT's goal tonight was our 50th in the league this season. First time since 2013/14 and peak Muzz-ball that we've scored more than 50, that season we got 65. In the interluding years we've managed 27, 46, 35 and 36. With 52 now only Arbroath (58) and Raith (65) have scored more. 

Ross Forbes' goal tonight was also the 50th of his career. Given the nightmare he had on Saturday it was great to see him looking fired up again today, played apart in two goals and scored one. The ideal response to selling one at the weekend. 

Calum Gallagher's was his tenth of the season. I know he isn't the most graceful player around, and I know he takes a lot of stick, but ten goals in 26 starts (quite a few of which have been wide) is a decent return by anyone's tally. In fact his goal return since being moved up front in January last year is pretty decent.

DT's strike also means that, even if he plays in every game between now and the final day and doesn't score, he'll still finish the season with a one in two goal record. 13 (and ten assists) in 21 games so far. 13 goals is the best league return for a Dumbarton player since Bryan Prunty's 14 in 2011/12.

Imagine we had a goalkeeper and some defenders :(

DT's goal tonight was our 50th in the league this season. First time since 2013/14 and peak Muzz-ball that we've scored more than 50, that season we got 65. In the interluding years we've managed 27, 46, 35 and 36. With 52 now only Arbroath (58) and Raith (65) have scored more. 
Ross Forbes' goal tonight was also the 50th of his career. Given the nightmare he had on Saturday it was great to see him looking fired up again today, played apart in two goals and scored one. The ideal response to selling one at the weekend. 
Calum Gallagher's was his tenth of the season. I know he isn't the most graceful player around, and I know he takes a lot of stick, but ten goals in 26 starts (quite a few of which have been wide) is a decent return by anyone's tally. In fact his goal return since being moved up front in January last year is pretty decent.
DT's strike also means that, even if he plays in every game between now and the final day and doesn't score, he'll still finish the season with a one in two goal record. 13 (and ten assists) in 21 games so far. 13 goals is the best league return for a Dumbarton player since Bryan Prunty's 14 in 2011/12.
Imagine we had a goalkeeper and some defenders [emoji20]

On a similar statistical note I think it's the first time since 2013 that we have had three players reach double figures in goals

On a similar statistical note I think it's the first time since 2013 that we have had three players reach double figures in goals

I think you’re probably correct: Lister, Agnew and Prunty all hit double figures in the great escape season and, even in that brilliant attacking team the following year, I think only Megginson and Kane managed it.

What a strange season it’s been.

19 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The Benburb surface is very uneven.  My mate has played two cup finals at amateur level there and both times has ended up injured after it.  Even when I walked across it you can tell it has a different feel to it.

Season Ticket prices revealed. Same as last year, free STs for kids under 12 (fantastic idea imo) and the opportunity to pay in installments - which was something quite a few folk spoke about last summer. Good stuff from the club again acting based on feedback from the fans.

Hopefully we see a wee boost in numbers as a result...Although performances from those on the pitch between now and May might decide that...

https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=4001

Prices held from last summer, instalment option for fans who can't afford the one off payment, Under 12's in for free and if we get relegated they'll give you a £25 hospitality voucher as compensation (which they really don't have to do). Not only that, but they've put some expected FAQs at the bottom to try and explain the decision making behind it. Excellent stuff.

Great news to bring in u12s for free, well done for giving the option to pay in instalments, and good to see the reasoning behind decisions.

But £250 for me is still too high, especially for potentially league 2 football and the fact I will miss a handful of games.

Pay per game it is for me again.

Edited - Didn't click onto the £25 voucher if we go down.  Still a no from me but hopefully there is a good uptake.

Edited by Thommo90