Sons' sorrow

2 hours ago, Old Scrotum said:

I am sorry that I don't get a daily update. The reason for the initial post was to let you know that Brabco appeared to be selling out sooner than later, something I thought that you may be interested in.

Apparently not, so I'll say no more on the subject.

Hold on a minute, wise guy.

Don't think anyone's expecting daily updates, but when a poster comes on with important shit like potential new Club ownership, it's only natural folks are interested.

Fwiw, the person I'd think would get involved with The Sons again might be Neil Rankine, he's always retained a fondness for DFC.

4 hours ago, Old Scrotum said:

I am sorry that I don't get a daily update. The reason for the initial post was to let you know that Brabco appeared to be selling out sooner than later, something I thought that you may be interested in.

Apparently not, so I'll say no more on the subject.

That would be helpful, thanks.

I don't understand the hostility towards old scrotum here. He gave us some information that he thought we would all be interested in. Now hes basically being told to shut up because he has no further updates. Think everyone needs to calm down

34 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

I don't understand the hostility towards old scrotum here. He gave us some information that he thought we would all be interested in. Now hes basically being told to shut up because he has no further updates. Think everyone needs to calm down

Tbh if there was any truth in his initial post I don't think a potential purchaser would be very happy about it being splashed all over p'n'b'.

3 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

He's only been told to shut up by one person, hardly representative of the interest on here or the sentiment.

You carry on OS.

4 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Rumours are fun but unless there's a significant amount of truth in them then all they really do is provide a mild diversion for a while.

We can all speculate. Some of that speculation may have some basis. Most usually doesnt. Fans are great at filling the gaps in information and then believing the bits they've added.

I'd urge caution before we're all convinced that we've got a white knight ready to ride to the rescue.

Rumours are fun but unless there's a significant amount of truth in them then all they really do is provide a mild diversion for a while.
We can all speculate. Some of that speculation may have some basis. Most usually doesnt. Fans are great at filling the gaps in information and then believing the bits they've added.
I'd urge caution before we're all convinced that we've got a white knight ready to ride to the rescue.
This. In normal times mild diversions are fine but right now we have an embattled Board of Directors trying to deal with an 'interesting' major shareholder and they can do without kites flying about the place.

While yesterday was poor, I still think we’ll be fine. 5 out of our last 7 at home gives us a great chance. I always had the Raith game down as a defeat, so I don’t think it’s too big a deal. The more concerning thing was other results going against us.

Hard to say how many points we’ll need to stay up just now. I’d suggest if we beat Stenhousemuir we’ll be clear of 10th, but it could need another 2/3 wins on top of that, given the rate Stranraer and Brechin are picking up points.

Edited by FifeSons

Decent wee video from Ladbrokes that includes a cameo from oor microdave...

They edited out the bit where I said that Henk Van Schaik was a better man than Cruyff for having the good sense to actually sign for us. And thankfully my reaction when asked about the current squad was also dropped!

Just sitting here torturing myself over this season, it really is a clusterfuck of injuries we've had.

Grant Adam - Fucked his back, missed large chunk of the season, could potentially be done at any point
Connor Brennan - No injury
Cammy Ballantyne - No injury
Craig Barr - Usual 4 month injury
Willie Dyer - Missing for near 4 months now
Ross Perry - Been injured most of the season
David Ferguson - Played every game since he arrived
Henk van Shaik - Played for 3 weeks, been injured ever since
Brian McLean - Played 1 match, injured/unavailable since
Ross Forbes - Was injured for about a month
Stuart Carswell - Fleeting injuries throughout the season
Kyle Hutton - Apparently been playing with a f**k off cyst on his hip for the entire season
Bobby Barr - No injury
Ryan Thomson - Seemed to spend about 2 months injured out of the squad completely
Michael Paton - Hasn't ever been fit, spent 2 months out injured
Calum Gallagher - Spent a few weeks injured across the season
Rory Loy - Permacrocked
Iain Russell - Clearly finished, spent 2 months injured
Ben Armour - Not been injured
Boris Melingui - Not been injured
Dom Thomas - Not been injured

14 of the squad have spent longer than 3 weeks out injured at any given point. Of the 7 who haven't been injured, 4 of them arrived in January and have very little game time split between them. Have we ever had a worse year of injuries?  

I'm convinced that c**t Les Hope put something in the water before he left.

Edited by The Moonster

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Just sitting here torturing myself over this season, it really is a clusterfuck of injuries we've had.

Grant Adam - Fucked his back, missed large chunk of the season, could potentially be done at any point
Connor Brennan - No injury
Cammy Ballantyne - No injury
Craig Barr - Usual 4 month injury
Willie Dyer - Missing for near 4 months now
Ross Perry - Been injured most of the season
David Ferguson - Played every game since he arrived
Henk van Shaik - Played for 3 weeks, been injured ever since
Brian McLean - Played 1 match, injured/unavailable since
Ross Forbes - Was injured for about a month
Stuart Carswell - Fleeting injuries throughout the season
Kyle Hutton - Apparently been playing with a f**k off cyst on his hip for the entire season
Bobby Barr - No injury
Ryan Thomson - Seemed to spend about 2 months injured out of the squad completely
Michael Paton - Hasn't ever been fit, spent 2 months out injured
Calum Gallagher - Spent a few weeks injured across the season
Rory Loy - Permacrocked
Iain Russell - Clearly finished, spent 2 months injured
Ben Armour - Not been injured
Boris Melingui - Not been injured
Dom Thomas - Not been injured

14 of the squad have spent longer than 3 weeks out injured at any given point. Of the 7 who haven't been injured, 4 of them arrived in January and have very little game time split between them. Have we ever had a worse year of injuries?  

I'm convinced that c**t Les Hope put something in the water before he left.

Didn't Cammy Ballantyne have a few injury problems at the start of the season?