Sons' sorrow

18 hours ago, Jordo1872 said:

You can yes. 16 characters per line but we could squeeze in 17, so your love message could be done over two lines.

Shall I mark you down for one ;)

If you think you can get away with it, yes. Just don't tell Mr. Jacqui.

Frankly, the run we’ve gone on since Stranraer has been incredible, and when you look at the league table we definitely needed it! I said back then we’d need 4/5 wins to stay up, which seemed a massively daunting task at the time. Well, that’s 4 already and we’re certainly not guaranteed safety yet. I’ve no doubt that we’ll do it, though.

I think, frustratingly, we’re 4/5 points short of where we’d need to be to seriously challenge East Fife. However, we should certainly be targeting 5th, which would’ve seemed unthinkable a month or so ago. Plenty of winnable games left to end the season on a high and take into the summer for Duffy to rebuild for a serious challenge next season.

Edited by FifeSons

Dumbarton's recent run is so good it is reminiscent of the utter brilliance of The Brian Jonestown Massacre. Ok, accuse me of having a few whiskies to the good, but who in their right mind would deny them of existing in some superior plane. Just go on YouTube and check out"Wisdom". 

Christ! Psycho wife has reappeared and is not happy with the magnificense of the Brian Jonestown Massacre!!! She wants to watch east fucking enders!!!

Eastenders ? On a fucking Saturday night when you’re revelling in a haze of whisky and 3 points at Montrose ?

1 hour ago, Jumbo Muir said:

Eastenders ? On a fucking Saturday night when you’re revelling in a haze of whisky and 3 points at Montrose ?

And the glorious sounds of The Brian Jonestown Massacre of course... I did say she was batshit mental. 

13 points from a possible 15 in the five matches that a number of us thought would be pointless is quite a return. The attempts on goal from outside the box is especially pleasing, given how poor that part of our game was under Aitken.

3 minutes ago, EJF said:

How many players has Duffy added from when he took over? Or is he just getting more out of Aitkens squad?

From the team that started yesterday, only Brian McLean (who made his debut) and David Ferguson are new signings - although Craig Barr got injured very early in the campaign, so his return has been a massive boost too.

That aside Duffy brought in Boris Melingui (70th minute sub yesterday), Ben Armour (injury time sub yesterday), Conor Brennan (unused sub yesterday) and Henk van Schaik (injured yesterday and last week). So there hasn't exactly been an overhaul.

He's getting a huge amount more out of most players in the squad. Off the top of my head Ross Forbes, Bobby Barr, Calum Gallagher, Ross Perry and Cammy Ballantyne have all looked far, far better players under Duffy. He just seems to have the trust of them, and they reward that by playing with a lot more confidence and freedom. It sounds cliched, but Duffy has taken a disinterested and disorganised looking bunch, and made them interested and organised. Combine that with the fact he's actually playing more than one up front, and it's made us pretty decent to watch for the first time since Ian Murray left. 

It took him a bit of time to get things the way he wanted, and the first few months involved him swapping players into weird positions, but since the turn of the year I really cannot fault him at all.