On 28/02/2019 at 13:22, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

On mine we are 2nd bottom of League 2 in season 21/22 with Duffy being emptied after a 2nd season relegation...

On 28/02/2019 at 13:24, Ross Forbes said:

We're in mid-table obscurity in mine with John Baird as our manager. Which is a great way to stop him scoring against us tbf.

On 28/02/2019 at 13:30, FifeSons said:

By 21/22 on mine we were immediately relegated from the Championship after first season promotion and have been mid-table L1 since. Our manager is Paul Sheerin.

I actually never play as us on the game, oddly. I don't like it for some reason.

Can I join in?

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Can I join in?

Absolutely .

2 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Absolutely .

2024/25, and Dumbarton are entering their 3rd consecutive season in the top flight, and have a 8,000 capacity stadium being built. 

Finished 7th last season, and 6th the year before.

2024/25, and Dumbarton are entering their 3rd consecutive season in the top flight, and have a 8,000 capacity stadium being built. 
You're basically a Perth based Jim Duffy.

1 hour ago, Ross Forbes said:

Remember when people on Facebook were upset that we binned Aitken :lol:

Since he's brought in his own players Duffy has made us decent to watch and, above all else, has the players playing with the sort of desire that Aitken couldn't manage. 

In the early season all we asked was that we saw a team who at least looked interested - Duffy has got them playing for him, and has made us entertaining. Unlike Aitken he's getting plenty out of attacking players too - Forbes, Barr and Calum Gallagher have all kicked up a gear since he game in, and I thought wee Ben Armour put in a very good shift today. 

There was a good atmosphere and a decent attendance around the place - given the horrendous atmosphere around in Aitken's final few games that was very welcome. Hopefully the entertainment today will encourage a few more folk to come back between now and the end of the season - we've got a number of massive home games coming up.

So much this. Can I just say, a big part of our current atmosphere goes down to the young lads who have adopted us this season. They really don't care the score, and we can question their motives or allegiances, but they keep backing the team for 90 minutes and make some noise that we've not had before. Long may all of it continue.

The Stranraer away game really has been a turning point for us.

6 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You're basically a Perth based Jim Duffy.

Well, my hairline seems to be receding the further I took them up the league, so you might be on to something there.

So much this. Can I just say, a big part of our current atmosphere goes down to the young lads who have adopted us this season. They really don't care the score, and we can question their motives or allegiances, but they keep backing the team for 90 minutes and make some noise that we've not had before. Long may all of it continue.
The young lads were brilliant today. They never stopped the whole game! I actually noticed more folk than normal joining in with their chants.

Long live yon drum.

18 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

How’s Ferguson getting on?

Shite mate. Think he needs more League 1 football to improve. We'll keep him another year and get back to you. 

Shite mate. Think he needs more League 1 football to improve. We'll keep him another year and get back to you. 

Well if he’s been that poor maybe better you take him permanently.

Has he been playing right back or centre back?

28 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Well if he’s been that poor maybe better you take him permanently.

Has he been playing right back or centre back?

Right back but he's played across the back at various times. In all seriousness he's been consistently solid for us and weirdly he's moved our only good performing defender out of position in Cammy Ballantyne, and Cammy is now performing better in his new position at left back. It's worked out quite well.

Right back but he's played across the back at various times. In all seriousness he's been consistently solid for us and weirdly he's moved our only good performing defender out of position in Cammy Ballantyne, and Cammy is now performing better in his new position at left back. It's worked out quite well.

Good to hear he’s doing well. McCall said he sent him your way because he trusted Duffy so I’m glad it’s worked out for both clubs.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I actually think he has been very good overall. Cammy is brilliant but I really think he is doing a top job and it isn't to be sniffed at that against some of the better players/wingers in the last week or so he hasn't looked like he was really struggling once.

That block he got in today was absolutely superb!

Just now, sarti pooh said:

Looking like a Dumbarton double for the monthly awards.

Plz no.

Is anyone mad enough to want Brechin to actually get a result against East Fife on Tuesday?

For me, we need to really hope EF can turn their form around quickly, because they play everyone below us in their next three.

Edited by FifeSons

Is anyone mad enough to want Brechin to actually get a result against East Fife on Tuesday?
For me, we need to really hope EF can turn their form around quickly, because they play everyone below us in their next three.
It's a tough one. I think I'd be hoping for a draw on tuesday night between Brechin and East Fife.

It keeps Brechin 2 results behind us and keeps East Fife within touching difference seen as our goal difference has been in the mend recently.

FWIW I am definitely not expecting to catch East Fife. I think we have left it a few games too late. But as long as the possibility is there it gives the players that extra motivation.