On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 11:10, microdave said:

Even in his seventies, he could probably still do a job!

If it's the same Johnny Graham that played for Falkirk, he died a couple of months ago.

I see that Barr appears to be on some sort of lads holiday. Not entirely sure how I feel about that during a relegation battle. Considering he's most likely our highest earner I'd like to think we wont be paying him fully for the last week.

I vaguely remember him being allowed miss half of pre season to swan off on holiday as well.

Apparently it’s a wedding he was attending

If it's the same Johnny Graham that played for Falkirk, he died a couple of months ago.
It's a different Johnny Graham.

13 minutes ago, microdave said:
49 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

It's a better Johnny Graham.

FTFY

3 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
3 hours ago, optimistic said:

Apparently it’s a wedding he was attending

Aye, apparently.

Wouldn't be that much of a surprise if it had been agreed that he could have the time off before Duffy came in and he has just honoured the agreement that was there.

Found it slightly unusual that it didn't mention anything in the match preview though.

4 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

Found it slightly unusual that it didn't mention anything in the match preview though.

It's become obvious to me in recent years that the team news in the match preview isn't really for us fans.  The match preview is more of a "what do we want the other team knowing" preview than anything accurate about who's actually available. I imagine Duffy lets the club know what info he wants put in there and we just go with it. It can lead to frustrations for fans but I understand it.

IMO under Ian Murray, our previews were much less informative, I was sure he would put things in there just for a wind up. 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

It's become obvious to me in recent years that the team news in the match preview isn't really for us fans.  The match preview is more of a "what do we want the other team knowing" preview than anything accurate about who's actually available. I imagine Duffy lets the club know what info he wants put in there and we just go with it. It can lead to frustrations for fans but I understand it.

IMO under Ian Murray, our previews were much less informative, I was sure he would put things in there just for a wind up. 

That's true. I remember sometimes reading stuff and thinking "They just made that up" :lol:

30 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Duffy regularly said we had no injury concerns on a Thursday before games, only for 2/3 to be out every week that picked up "niggles" in training on the Friday morning. 

2 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Hot on the heels of stuffing Stranraer,  we announce a new kitman today.

What a weekend to be a Sons fan!

Cheesey!! Nice to see him back at the club.

Serious question. Does anyone know if the drum will be in attendance on a school night v Raith Rovers?

1 hour ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

Serious question. Does anyone know if the drum will be in attendance on a school night v Raith Rovers?

Haven't seen (heard) the drum the last couple of games.

Haven't seen (heard) the drum the last couple of games.

Definitely at the last two games which I only saw on Sons TV with the volume turned down. Probably doesn't bother you so you don't notice it.

Anyhoo, doesn’t matter. Won’t be able to go as it turns out.

I read that the esteemed mental men of the SPFL are meeting today (probably in the Florida Park Bar) to discuss setting up a fifth league which will include the "colts" teams of the bigot brothers.

Not content with there being too many professional clubs already, many of whom - including our own - are struggling, the suits have come up with a cunning plan to further enhance the coffers of both halves of the Old Firm arse.  You can get away with "2nd XIs" in the leagues of the larger countries of Europe where there are enough paying punters but not here.

Non-league sides (who, remember, can already make their way up the pyramid system) have a core support. Will it increase that much  by putting them in a fifth division? I can only foresee senior clubs such as DFC losing more supporters if another club in the locale was "promoted" to the senior ranks in order to join a Stevie Aitken-type wonderland where everybody will suddenly become rich.

By saying "everybody" I've come full circle from the mental men and their Old Firm bum-chums.

Rant over. Time for a sausage roll.

I read that the esteemed mental men of the SPFL are meeting today (probably in the Florida Park Bar) to discuss setting up a fifth league which will include the "colts" teams of the bigot brothers.
Not content with there being too many professional clubs already, many of whom - including our own - are struggling, the suits have come up with a cunning plan to further enhance the coffers of both halves of the Old Firm arse.  You can get away with "2nd XIs" in the leagues of the larger countries of Europe where there are enough paying punters but not here.
Non-league sides (who, remember, can already make their way up the pyramid system) have a core support. Will it increase that much  by putting them in a fifth division? I can only foresee senior clubs such as DFC losing more supporters if another club in the locale was "promoted" to the senior ranks in order to join a Stevie Aitken-type wonderland where everybody will suddenly become rich.
By saying "everybody" I've come full circle from the mental men and their Old Firm bum-chums.
Rant over. Time for a sausage roll.
All of this a mere 2 days after the Scottish media were lauding Jake Hastie, with many of them citing his recent loan to Alloa as the key to his success.

I fear the bungs that will be offered to clubs will enough to get their approval on this. I'm hoping our representstives tell them where to ram it. Sideways.

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Bobby Barr is very good on the latest episode of Lower-League Ramblings with Danny Denholm. I'd encourage all the good "Sons" to give it a whirl!

Good interview.

Although Denholm... that accent, eh.

Edited by FifeSons