Sons' sorrow

3 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

What's happening guys? Duffy not as good as hoped or having to work with a heap of absolute shite? 

Not been a good few months of baldy messiahs. 

He's working with a very limited squad, and very limited numbers, but it almost feels as if he's given up with them.

On the positive side we're about a million times better to watch, and actually attack games these days. With a striker who could score goals we'd have seen a notable turnaround in fortunes imo. A good striker can paper over some serious cracks.

I'm just hoping we stay up and Duffy can destroy this squad over the summer.

I don't think Duffy has given up on the players.

He's severely limited with who he can play and how he can alter things just now, he needs additional, fit players to get that competition for places.

If he could get a tune out of Rory Loy that could take a lot of the pressure off. I really hope he's been made assurances about this transfer window and he doesn't become frustrated.

I'm not aware of anything changing so I imagine we're still seriously financially challenged.

25 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
2 hours ago, Old Scrotum said:
News on the personnel front.  Kilmarnock want £5000 for DT to stay for the rest of the season, money that will become available due to the impending departure of Samantha (providing a volunteer can be found for that role).

That's a pretty specific prediction, is your source within DFC ?

Same source told me both. Not "within" DFC but very close to it.

Popped down to the Rock yesterday to see what all the fuss is about relating to DFCs woes. I have to say that just how the Sons didn't win against Forfar is beyond me, given the amount of pressure and effort that went into attacking. A striker who is clinical is what's required. Loved the pre match entertainment too. 

4 hours ago, Benito Robles said:

Popped down to the Rock yesterday to see what all the fuss is about relating to DFCs woes. I have to say that just how the Sons didn't win against Forfar is beyond me, given the amount of pressure and effort that went into attacking. A striker who is clinical is what's required. Loved the pre match entertainment too. 

The stats I posted on the match thread pretty much bear out the evidence we see before our eyes. We have a team that dominates matches in terms of possession and territorial advantage. We can't defend and we have no one who can bury the ball. 

25 minutes ago, sarti pooh said:

I was listening back to clyde 1 from the weekend there and Gordon Dalziel said he spoke to Duffy pre match and he said that a player knocked back a loan move with us to go on loan at cowdenbeath. Any idea who it was?

Cowden have Robbie Deas, a young defender, on loan from Celtic at the moment - and his deal is/was apparently up this month. So I'd imagine it'll have been him. 

I was listening back to clyde 1 from the weekend there and Gordon Dalziel said he spoke to Duffy pre match and he said that a player knocked back a loan move with us to go on loan at cowdenbeath. Any idea who it was?
Robbie Deas maybe? He recently extended his loan there until the end of the season I think.

32 minutes ago, sarti pooh said:

Might be Matthew Knox?

20190106_203224.jpg

Edited by squeezeboxson