Sons' sorrow

Jan 1. Have we re-signed Dom Thomas yet? Is Duffy down at the stadium putting certain individuals' possessions into black bin bags? 
Shit, the pub is open........................
We'll give you a lovely Killie replacement Adam Frizzell if we can have a shot of Thomas again?

10 minutes ago, Old Scrotum said:

Jan 1. Have we re-signed Dom Thomas yet? Is Duffy down at the stadium putting certain individuals' possessions into black bin bags? 

We've got #DT23 for another week according to Transfermarkt. So that's a bonus. I don't imagine we'll hear anything about him until next week.

How many times have I refreshed this website already today hoping for something? No comment.

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
3 hours ago, Old Scrotum said:

We'll give you a lovely Killie replacement Adam Frizzell if we can have a shot of Thomas again?

We can direct a highly-rated (by himself) guy by the name of Aitken your way if you wish. Comes complete with sycophants and  baggage.  Free agent as well (tee-hee) so there is no transfer cost. Will supply own Rangers jersey.

Just a wee stat that I discovered when making up Saturday's infographic. Mark McGuigan's goal at the weekend was the 50th (FIFTIETH!) we've conceded in all competitions this season.

Announce defenders and wingers and strikers @DumbartonFC.

56 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Just a wee stat that I discovered when making up Saturday's infographic. Mark McGuigan's goal at the weekend was the 50th (FIFTIETH!) we've conceded in all competitions this season.

A ginger geezer will be on soon to tell us that three of the first five games were clean-sheets, while overlooking the fact his trusted custodian of the onion bag fished the ball out ten times in 135 minutes in the other two.

Ally Roy is being heavily linked with a move to Partick Thistle, and you'll never guess who has just appeared on their thread...

How is it possible that so many players who have been through our hands and having looked distinctly ordinary......contd. page 94.

11 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Any rumours floating around? Anything?

I was really hoping a 30 goal a season striker and marauding left back would've been announced by now.

The silence has been deafening. Though Duffy is probably a bit more media savvy than a certain somebody who was quite happy to tell everyone that Ryan Porteous and James Penrice were done deals...That's my hope anyway.

I'd kill to see that #ThrillerThursday graphic (unless it's just to announce Chris Smith, in which case it would be hilariously anti-climatic). 

The silence has been deafening. Though Duffy is probably a bit more media savvy than a certain somebody who was quite happy to tell everyone that Ryan Porteous and James Penrice were done deals...That's my hope anyway.
I'd kill to see that #ThrillerThursday graphic (unless it's just to announce Chris Smith, in which case it would be hilariously anti-climatic). 
Jai Quitongo leaves Partick. I expect to see him holding a Sons scarf above his head before the day is out.

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
11 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Jai Quitongo leaves Partick. I expect to see him holding a Sons scarf above his head before the day is out.

Worked with Duffy before. Tick.

Injury prone. Tick.

Has never been prolific. Tick.

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
2 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:
Worked with Duffy before. Tick.
Injury prone. Tick.
Has never been prolific. Tick.

I also see Greig Spence is looking to go out on loan due to lack of game time so it will probably be a double announcement.

It's inevitable that Greig Spence will play for us one day, so we might as well just get it done now. Viva la Baldy revolution. 

Edited by Ross Forbes

Just now, Reid said:

Steven Saunders any decent?

First and foremost he's a really good guy. 

The Mantis is solid enough. We played him at right-back, but I think he'd be more suited to playing at centre-half because he's not the quickest, good crosser of a ball mind you. He'll be a decent if unspectacular Championship player. Scored twice in the most bizarre game I've ever seen too.