Sons' sorrow

I'm just thinking of the ex-Sons mentioned on the radio in the last 24 hours. All doing quite well apparently as they are all playing in sides above us in the SPFL.

Alan Lithgow and Steven Saunders (Livingston) Jordan Kirkpatrick (St Mirren) Scott Taggart, Andy  Graham (too slow at this level 4 years ago?) and Kevin Cawley (Alloa Ath) Allan Martin (QoS) Kevin Nisbet, Chris Duggan and Lewis Vaughan (Raith) and Scott Agnew and Scott Linton (East Fife)

Feel free to add any that I've missed.

Cheer up though, it looks like the Bosman ruling might not apply here after March 29th 2019. We'd have got at least 17/6  for the players above, enough for the deposit on an EU travel warrant.

Make true love to your lover,
When the moon's high in the sky.
'Cause you'll always miss the water when the well goes dry... (Ray Charles)

Looking at the fixture list, we have a few massive games between now and the next time we meet Raith in early February.

Stranraer, Forfar and Montrose at home and Stenny, Brechin and Airdrie away. Forfar seem to have a bit of a hex on us these days, but we've been good at home recently - so anything less than 7/9 points out of that run and I'll be disappointed.

Our away form simply has to improve, and with our next two games being against the sides (at the moment) beneath us we could really open up a gap (and push for fourth)...or find ourselves in a very unpleasant position.

Oh, and there's the small matter of (hopefully) reshaping the squad a bit in January too...

Should be an interesting two months or so.

Apropos of nothing, So8 mentioned Boomer on the Raith game thread; by my reckoning it's now almost a year to the day when he went down in the centre circle in a crumpled heap in the home fixture with Falkirk.

I recall my feeling of dread that he was going to be out for a long time, one that I shared with my mates. It was horribly accurate and ever since I have viewed that precise moment as the point at which the wheels began to come off.

The decline continues to this day, but I consider that's when it started.

22 hours ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

I'm just thinking of the ex-Sons mentioned on the radio in the last 24 hours. All doing quite well apparently as they are all playing in sides above us in the SPFL.

Alan Lithgow and Steven Saunders (Livingston) Jordan Kirkpatrick (St Mirren) Scott Taggart, Andy  Graham (too slow at this level 4 years ago?) and Kevin Cawley (Alloa Ath) Allan Martin (QoS) Kevin Nisbet, Chris Duggan and Lewis Vaughan (Raith) and Scott Agnew and Scott Linton (East Fife)

Feel free to add any that I've missed.

Cheer up though, it looks like the Bosman ruling might not apply here after March 29th 2019. We'd have got at least 17/6  for the players above, enough for the deposit on an EU travel warrant.

Make true love to your lover,
When the moon's high in the sky.
'Cause you'll always miss the water when the well goes dry... (Ray Charles)

Eamonn Brophy doing very well at Killie too by all accounts.

On 12/15/2018 at 16:57, O'Kelly Isley III said:

There was a terrible inevitability about today's ending at Kirkcaldy; off the top of my head that's now away league matches at Brechin, Stenny, Airdrie, Stranraer and Raith where we have been leading but have proceeded to lose four and draw one.  Our inability to defend a lead is becoming extremely costly.

Having watched the highlights and having been at the Brechin and Stenny games, I think it stems from two things. 1) Lack of fitness - this can be worked on 2) Lack of heart/courage. 

What on earth is McGowan doing at Nisbet's equaliser? Also, although he (McGowan) is also culpable for Murray's goal, I can't see Dyer anywhere near where he is supposed to be.
That was my thoughts about mcgowan exactly, the equaliser seemed to just bounce off Nesbitt and go in in slow motion. The 3rd Raith goal has to be his ball, as I said on the match thread it's travelled a long way, dropped 3 yards from him and he just watched it. Fully culpable IMO. We need a keeper that is decent and fully fit!

The army have been for a day out with Stevie and colm, seems rumour I heard that colm away is true, last game stenny, no one saying why, but there was a comment regarding “misguided loyalty”, and another fearing for our clubs “direction “.

Oh , and “let’s hope we do it again”, seems to be directed at Stevie.

Club before any manager in my eyes, get a grip aitkens army

The army have been for a day out with Stevie and colm, seems rumour I heard that colm away is true, last game stenny, no one saying why, but there was a comment regarding “misguided loyalty”, and another fearing for our clubs “direction “.

[emoji23]

Aitken has absolutely lost the plot since we bagged him.

6 hours ago, optimistic said:

P&B Gold :lol:

8 hours ago, optimistic said:

Where are you getting this info @optimistic? And is is visible online anywhere?

ETA - how will we EVER replace a kitman?  That's a disaster. :rolleyes:

Edited by Boghead ranter

Who doesn't like the clubs direction? The army or the kitman?

The direction we've been going is doon, thanks to their beloved Stevie Aitken.

Why is it that I can't get this scene from 'I'm Alan Partridge' out my head whenever I think of Aitken meeting his Army?

alan-partridge-crazy-fan.jpg

Spoiler

Second time I've referenced this already this season, albeit last time it was in relation to me and Ross Forbes. Which may or may not be accurate.