Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Old Scrotum said:

I'm told - but don't quote me on it - to expect an "announcement" from the club at 11:00 on Saturday.

Personally, I'll be otherwise occupied at that time.

The longjohns are back from the launderette??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Old Scrotum said:

I'm told - but don't quote me on it - to expect an "announcement" from the club at 11:00 on Saturday.

Personally, I'll be otherwise occupied at that time.

It's 1 hour to lunchtime?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Is chris Smith back from holiday?

Tune in at 11am tomorrow to find out!

In all seriousness, no, Smith is still on holiday so Jazza will be on the bench again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

It's 1 hour to lunchtime?

11.00 IS lunchtime. I never eat on an empty stomach.

Edited by Old Scrotum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The board often arrange meetings on the morning of a Saturday home game for no other reason than that one of those attending travels about 100 miles each way and it's therefore more convenient for them to travel down early on a match day for a board meeting than having one mid week. I'd read absolutely nothing into the fact that the board have meetings on a Saturday.

 

Announcement?  Was there ever anything to announce?

Edited by BallochSonsFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've got a decent page spread in today's Daily Record as part of Colin Paterson's 'Road Trip' series. Worth a read if anyone has a paper to hand. The lights went out after 40 minutes of training last week and didn't come back on.

What. A. Season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see that we're doing a deal where ST holders can bring a friend to the Stranraer game for half price.

Good idea imo, especially given Stranraer will likely have one of the smaller away supports in the league. Hopefully a few extra folk come along - especially with it being a few days before Christmas, with hyper weans in the house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ross Forbes said:

I see that we're doing a deal where ST holders can bring a friend to the Stranraer game for half price.

Good idea imo, especially given Stranraer will likely have one of the smaller away supports in the league. Hopefully a few extra folk come along - especially with it being a few days before Christmas, with hyper weans in the house.

Hopefully be a good day with this and the Hospitality offer as well. It sold out and then they added extra seats to it which also sold out too. Hopefully a good atmosphere and get a good few extra bodies in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another great offer from the club in regards to half season tickets - any adult half season ticket bought now comes with a free U12 half season ticket. https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=3877

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but the more of these we sell the more Duffy can do in January.  If anyone is thinking about getting one then please do, it will go a long way. Also gives you the chance to bring along your son/daughter/niece/nephew and get that emotional suffering planted in them early, which will hopefully bode well for us in years to come!

There's also a football card on the go at the moment, if you check out the facebook group or message me on here I can sort you out.  Choose a team for £10 and £500 goes to the winner. Again, this is all to aide Duffy in January, so if you can support it please do.

Club shop also open next Thursday 20th December in the evening for anyone needing some late Christmas presents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The volume of posts in this thread really speaks about the level of apathy this season has produced.

Edited by FifeSons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



I see that we're doing a deal where ST holders can bring a friend to the Stranraer game for half price.
Good idea imo, especially given Stranraer will likely have one of the smaller away supports in the league. Hopefully a few extra folk come along - especially with it being a few days before Christmas, with hyper weans in the house.


It's a great idea but maybe would have been better to try avoiding the cheaper hospitality day? I would imagine quite a lot of the people going will be season ticket holders, so perhaps limiting the take up for this particular game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, aftershocker said:


 

 


It's a great idea but maybe would have been better to try avoiding the cheaper hospitality day? I would imagine quite a lot of the people going will be season ticket holders, so perhaps limiting the take up for this particular game?

 

It's at a time of year where perhaps more family members are home so I think the club are just looking to give incentive to folk who might just fancy tagging along on the day. With hospitality full it would be good to have the home end looking a wee bit better than depressing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The volume of posts in this thread really speaks about the level of antiphathy this season has produced.

Not to mention apathy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, FifeSons said:

The volume of posts in this thread really speaks about the level of antiphathy this season has produced.

This is what some of our fans fancied - relegation.

"Dropping down wouldn't be too bad"

"Start winning games again"

"Whit are we daeing in The Championship"

"Fed up playing for *8th place"

Definite case of be careful what you wish for.

*8th this season looks good :rolleyes:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Silverton End said:

This is what some of our fans fancied - relegation.

"Dropping down wouldn't be too bad"

"Start winning games again"

"Whit are we daeing in The Championship"

"Fed up playing for *8th place"

Definite case of be careful what you wish for.

*8th this season looks good :rolleyes:

The only response I have for this is that, if we were still in the Championship after Aitken's summer recruitment, we probably wouldn't have a point yet. He may well still have been in charge too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

The only response I have for this is that, if we were still in the Championship after Aitken's summer recruitment, we probably wouldn't have a point yet. He may well still have been in charge too.

Very true.

But I never mentioned Aitken.

Simply commented on the logic of some of our fans.

FifeSons rightly commented on the apathy at present.

Get relegated, crowds half, football is shite = apathy.

 

Edited by Silverton End

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...